Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
We have been thinking about booking a stay here in the second half of January, When I checked a week ago there was plenty of availability using points. Now no matter what dates I choose I get the message that "This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time." A glitch? Should I call? Thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vtgambler
We have been thinking about booking a stay here in the second half of January, When I checked a week ago there was plenty of availability using points. Now no matter what dates I choose I get the message that "This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time." A glitch? Should I call? Thoughts?
Clear your cache. Log out and back into your account. Try again.

Or it could be a glitch. Or the hotel has not fully loaded its award inventory. Or the central reservations computer could be updating.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I doubt it, but any chance that would mean they are leaving Marriott?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Just checked myself. Able to make a reservation with points in late January 2020.

I agee with above post, log out, close browser and check again
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:17 pm

The property has host a tennis fund raiser and golf event. I forgot the dates but they are at least once a year and I think they sell out the resort for both.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Tried again today and was able to book the dates I originally wanted. Thanks for the help.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
Another update: ended up blocked into an oceanfront one bedroom suite with an outdoor Jacuzzi. Suite Night window opens tomorrow, with 2 1 bedroom villas remaining for sale. Fingers crossed!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ORDAAFlyer296
Another update: ended up blocked into an oceanfront one bedroom suite with an outdoor Jacuzzi. Suite Night window opens tomorrow, with 2 1 bedroom villas remaining for sale. Fingers crossed!
Good luck! But you already are sure now to have an amazing room, FWIW.
ORDAAFlyer296 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Good luck! But you already are sure now to have an amazing room, FWIW.
Even the standard rooms are fabulous there.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by 7summits
The lady who runs the onsite kids club is fantastic and will babysit outside of kids club hours. Her name is escaping me at the moment. We are going in mid March with our 3 kids and will certainly be using her. Kids loved her.
Hi, Contacted the concierge and they punted me to a couple sitter services which i'm sure will do...but if you have any contact info for the lady who runs the kids club, seems like a better route. Seems risky to wait until we are down there to organize in person

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am here for the first week of December, on a rewards redemption and hoping for my SNA's to clear. Aside from that, has anyone rented a car from the airport and drove to the resort as it is free parking and the taxi service seems rather expensive? Tips?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
I am here for the first week of December, on a rewards redemption and hoping for my SNA's to clear. Aside from that, has anyone rented a car from the airport and drove to the resort as it is free parking and the taxi service seems rather expensive? Tips?
We've rented a car before. Not the most pleasant experience in PVR as the rental counters are hectic. But the drive was not bad at all and parking is free. The only reason we did it was to be able to go to sayulita during the day one day given that the rental is pretty cheap. At night we still took taxis into town so we could imbibe. If you don't plan on driving somewhere during the day, i'd say just get the car service and relax.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boolean64
We've rented a car before. Not the most pleasant experience in PVR as the rental counters are hectic. But the drive was not bad at all and parking is free. The only reason we did it was to be able to go to sayulita during the day one day given that the rental is pretty cheap. At night we still took taxis into town so we could imbibe. If you don't plan on driving somewhere during the day, i'd say just get the car service and relax.
The airport transfer is around $240, and a rental is $90 so I would rather spend the savings on food and drink whilst there than on a transfer.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
The airport transfer is around $240, and a rental is $90 so I would rather spend the savings on food and drink whilst there than on a transfer.
Completely agree, not to mention the additional freedom/flexibly having a car brings in this area. I've been renting cars and driving in Mexico for 25'ish years and I'm perplexed by the irrational fear some seem to have with driving in Mexico.

Regards
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:07 pm

Does that $90 include insurance? My understanding is that most American policies, including through credit cards, have Mexico exclusions, so you will need to buy both liability as well as a damage waiver from the rental company unless you happen to have a credit card that provides coverage in Mexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.