Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:34 pm

It seems as though post-renovation points per night have gone through the roof. In previous years I was able to get very good value here, but looking out across the remainder of the year everything is out of reach of 85k free night certificates -- 105k/night minimum.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
It seems as though post-renovation points per night have gone through the roof. In previous years I was able to get very good value here, but looking out across the remainder of the year everything is out of reach of 85k free night certificates -- 105k/night minimum.
I miss my stays here for 60K points per night just a few years ago. At these rates, I don't see myself coming back to the SR Punta de Mita unfortunately.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I miss my stays here for 60K points per night just a few years ago. At these rates, I don't see myself coming back to the SR Punta de Mita unfortunately.
This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations. People were clamoring/demanding that this property was dated and needed upgrades, but inevitably when those upgrades occur, rising rates are sure to follow (whether cash or points) and that is certainly now true for this property as well.

Regards
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Is there a house car available for trips to Corral del Risco area?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
Doubt that has anything to do with renovation. There's been an overall increase in award prices across the entire system as a result of dynamic pricing, with significant increases within the past few months, as frequently noted by others across this forum. Note also that properties don't set the points rates, they're set by Marriott, and that property specific issues (such as a renovation) would pretty much never directly result in an increase in award prices.
tierneyalvin likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:52 am

Hey guys, we're heading back to this property for the first time in 4 years and seems like a lot has changed.
Can anyone confirm/deny some of these??

-Mita Mary no longer open for lunch, only dinner? (This was our fav every day lunch spot. Prices were OK and food was perfect for a light-ish meal!)
-No more happy hours between 5-6p?
-Platinum benefit for breakfast has changed? Seems like there's different tiers and upcharges? I've read a few different things here, would love insight if anyone has been recently.

We are lookin forward to returning but def a little bummed at some of the potential changes!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by yoyosh773
Hey guys, we're heading back to this property for the first time in 4 years and seems like a lot has changed.
Can anyone confirm/deny some of these??

-Mita Mary no longer open for lunch, only dinner? (This was our fav every day lunch spot. Prices were OK and food was perfect for a light-ish meal!)
-No more happy hours between 5-6p?
-Platinum benefit for breakfast has changed? Seems like there's different tiers and upcharges? I've read a few different things here, would love insight if anyone has been recently.

We are lookin forward to returning but def a little bummed at some of the potential changes!
  • Mita Mary is a completely new restaurant, but the menu they had is now available at a new restaurant called Majagua, situated on the beach near the family pool.
  • I'm unsure about happy hours, but they now offer the champagne ritual every day at 6:30 at Altamira, and they have a Bonvoy elite cocktail once a week, if I remember correctly, on Wednesdays.
  • Breakfast buffet is complimentary, except for the Mexican dishes, cold meats, and cheeses, for which there is an extra charge. I believe it's $15, but we didn't pay because we weren't interested in those dishes. With the complimentary buffet, you have access to the egg station, fruits, yogurts, pastries, and one hot selection (usually french toast). There's a wide variety to choose from.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thumbs up SNA success - 1 Bedroom Villa, Beachfront

Originally booked a Junior Suite with cash+points for 5 nights and used the SNA to pick 5-6 of the top options. IIRC the villa was the highest level so I was pretty surprised that it went thru since this was a beachfront with a plunge pool and whirlpool.

The renovations are 100% complete. The villa we were in had an adjoining room, and you share a portion of the patio with them - which was a bit awkward when someone was actually in that room for 2 nights because theres nothing that really separates your patio from theirs except for the pillar, and if you're walking out to the beach from the patio you would pass by their sliding doors. The villa had no shortage of space, the kitchen was fully equipped (plates, cutlery, dishwasher, utensils, etc) and had a side entrance as well. Butler was helpful and always responsive - they even gave some very thoughtful gifts for our kid.
Breakfast was at Las Marietas - not sure if it was a function of the upgrade, we were told that there was no extra charge. Spread was excellent (different hot food every day), pastries and a taco and egg station on the patio. Throughout the resort, we recognized many employees from our last trip (same taco lady) and some claimed to recognize us as well. Did not try the new Mita Mary (I think they're open only for dinner) or Carolina. There is a casual restaurant setup on the beach (can't remember the name and its not listed on the website). Theres also a Japanese restaurant near the adult pool. Most evenings we ended up doing room service (I think it was an additional 10% service fee plus 20 or 25% "private dining" fee). Kids 5 and under eat for free (kids menu only) at most of the restaurants which was nice. They tend to prepare dishes very mild/bland, so we had to always ask them to prepare tacos etc mexican style.
Beach has a lot of rocky areas, so its not as nice and sandy as the W beach. One day we encountered several washed up small bluish color jellyfish, an employee came over and told us that they were portuguese man-o-war jellyfish and that you could get stung if you stepped on them. Someone else mentioned to us that they are planning to remove all the rocks from the beach in the next year or so.
Kids center was great, out kid had a lot of fun - they had activities from 10am to 1pm or 2pm, with a break for lunch and more activities after that. All the staff were wonderful, would definitely return.
Will try to post some menus if I still have them

Living/Dining

Adjoining room patio is next to the pillar on left

Outdoor shower thru the doors

Full kitchen & appliances

Kitchen with separate entrance

Kids center

Las Marietas from outside Kids center

Kids pool/Las Marietas

Level above Kids pool

Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by bizum
Originally booked a Junior Suite with cash+points for 5 nights and used the SNA to pick 5-6 of the top options. IIRC the villa was the highest level so I was pretty surprised that it went thru since this was a beachfront with a plunge pool and whirlpool.
just beautiful images, this has now surpassed the FS next door for sure
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Just stayed 3 nights for a long weekend. The resort was surprisingly quiet for being spring break. We did see a lot of families with college aged kids. We redeemed a base room garden view casita, we ended up in a unit with a balcony facing the Sea Breeze pool. The resort hard product was phenomenal and well maintained. The service was excellent, our butler team proactively checked in with us daily. Transportation to/from PVR was arranged through the concierge about 2 weeks in advance of arrival. We both received spa treatments and had exceptional service from separate therapists. Enjoyed a steam/sauna before and after services. Only ate dinner on resort one night at Mita Mary, all tables were full and spoke with people having drinks at the bar who were local and said it’s one of their favorite restaurants in the area. Food was great and atmosphere was fun. The breakfast buffett was offered as an elite amenity at checkin and was a fairly extensive offering incl egg/taco stations. Overall I would highly recommend this property and believe it is on par or exceeds St Regis brand standards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.