Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ORDAAFlyer296
Yes I know even the base rooms are fantastic, though I figure if I'm lucky once maybe I'll get lucky twice
I do like to say that anything worth doing once is worth a second try.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
Originally Posted by bhrubin

That’s a fabulous rate, indeed! Now don’t go looking that gift horse in the mouth, though I know the beachfront villa is amazing. To be honest, even entry level rooms here are big and very comfortable, and any suite upgrade is really great. The villa is just too good to be true as an SNA option, but good luck!

No matter what, you know you’re in for an amazing stay.

Follow up: snagged the prior 2 nights as part of the Andre Agassi Bonvoy Moments event for a grand total of 7 nights. First two nights for 175k points, which included ground transport to and from the resort, $500 credit, dinner for 2 at Carolina, and a tennis clinic taught by Andre Agassi. All in all, not such a bad way to spend a week.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
I suppose I can do the latter and see what she comes back with, will update here once received
They include all suite categories in the SNA. I think there are a couple of non-suites in there, but lots of options. I had a SNA request for a booking I just had to cancel and recall being happy to select about 6 options, starting with the plunge pool/hot-tub suite.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
That’s a fabulous rate, indeed! Now don’t go looking that gift horse in the mouth, though I know the beachfront villa is amazing. To be honest, even entry level rooms here are big and very comfortable, and any suite upgrade is really great. The villa is just too good to be true as an SNA option, but good luck!

No matter what, you know you’re in for an amazing stay.
I know that I am part of a very small minority here, but I didn't find the hotel all that great. Yes, I quite liked the Veuve sabering on Friday night with the GM, and my Ambassador got me an upgrade to a spectacular suite on my points stay over a holiday weekend. All that said, however, I much preferred RC in Naples, Florida (beach, not golf resort) in pretty much every way.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:53 am

Managed to get a 5 night booking for USD$1235.00 including taxes and service charges later this year, thanks to the Citi Prestige 4th night free benefit. I am thrilled, and frankly shocked to find a rate that low at this resort. After several great trips in the past, this will be a nice return. Now if only the SNA's will clear for a beachfront whirlpool villa...
Wow - how were you able to find that rate? Is it a corporate rate?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
I checked again this morning and the rate had dropped even further to a public rate of 210/night plus tax and service. It's the marriott.com 'members experience more' rate. Then I stacked that with the Citi Prestige 4th night benefit to end up at a new grand total of US$1144.50 for 5 nights.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I checked again this morning and the rate had dropped even further to a public rate of 210/night plus tax and service. It's the marriott.com 'members experience more' rate. Then I stacked that with the Citi Prestige 4th night benefit to end up at a new grand total of US$1144.50 for 5 nights.

Mexico is struggling with all the " bad" publicity.....NOB tourists are afraid to journey south. A resort ( Casa Que Canta in Zihu) that I have been following and dreaming of visiting for years now, is half the nightly rate it was just last year.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:35 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by david55
Mexico is struggling with all the " bad" publicity.....NOB tourists are afraid to journey south. A resort ( Casa Que Canta in Zihu) that I have been following and dreaming of visiting for years now, is half the nightly rate it was just last year.
Fellow Americans too scared of their own shadows means reduced rates for the rest of us. I'll call that a win.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. When is that? Rates for next Spring is still in $600-800 range.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TerryK
Wow. When is that? Rates for next Spring is still in $600-800 range.
That's much higher season. Rates always drop when the end of August approaches and the start of school and business travel resume in September!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
That's much higher season. Rates always drop when the end of August approaches and the start of school and business travel resume in September!

Yes, fall, before Thanksgiving, have always been the best rates. Last year I got a Fine Hotels & Resorts rate for $350 a night in November. With FHR that included breakfast for 2, room upgrade, and a $100 spa credit.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
The current exchange rate at just short of MXN $20 to USD $1 is a factor too.

I was at the Westin Guadalajara in June and pre-upgraded to a full suite on a USD $79 nightly rate. At the Westin PVR I was pre-upgraded to a deluxe Ocean Front room with a Jacuzzi on the deck on a USD $104 nightly rate with a daily USD $100 resort credit. Breakfast was in the restaurant so the daily credit went to Spa Treatments. The $15.00 daily resort fee didn't at all bother me.

There are definitely some great deals in Mexico at all the properties. Cheap and fun way to earn stays.

James
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:42 am

Side note: anyone know how easy it is to get down to the W? Looking at possibly going down to Spice Market for dinner one night, though I know it's not located in the Punta Mita complex. We won't have a car, so likely will use a taxi I would assume?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Side note: anyone know how easy it is to get down to the W? Looking at possibly going down to Spice Market for dinner one night, though I know it's not located in the Punta Mita complex. We won't have a car, so likely will use a taxi I would assume?
It's about a 20 minute drive. You will have to use the private black car taxi service at both properties. Very easy to do. Note that the other restaurants in the town center of Punta de Mita are much, much closer (5 minute drive) and there are some really great options.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:29 am
Suspended

It's a quite easy 15-20 min taxi ride. Feel free to check the Expert Review I linked in the wiki above. Spice Market is worth the trip, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.