Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat
We had a Florida trip booked, but are having a change of thought and looking at going back to this property as we loved it so much last time.
Appears we can fly in ok on American, and can book on points. Im also very interested in anyone with very recent experience in staying in this property.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat
Im also very interested in anyone with very recent experience in staying in this property.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dunkie26
We had a Florida trip booked, but are having a change of thought and looking at going back to this property as we loved it so much last time.
Appears we can fly in ok on American, and can book on points. Im also very interested in anyone with very recent experience in staying in this property.
Having a change of thought going to Florida........I think you should just change your thought! I am not a preacher by any means and don't mind taking risks - actually enjoy it. But Florida if I believe, is having 10,000 new COVID cases a day. It is simply crazy what is happening in some of the U.S. states. It actually doesn't even make sense? ...and secondly, I am not a very political person but MY GOD someone needs to take charge down there.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Note that all of the beaches in the state of Nayarit, which includes Punta Mita, are closed. I spoke with staff at the W, the St Regis, and The Four Seasons and all advised that the beaches are closed and there’s no estimated reopening date.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by merrickdb
Note that all of the beaches in the state of Nayarit, which includes Punta Mita, are closed. I spoke with staff at the W, the St Regis, and The Four Seasons and all advised that the beaches are closed and there’s no estimated reopening date.
I don't understand. The resort appears to be open.....are you saying that even though the resort is open you can not go out on the beach? What would be the point of having guests?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by david55
I don't understand. The resort appears to be open.....are you saying that even though the resort is open you can not go out on the beach? What would be the point of having guests?
I'm pretty sure there's a pool :-)

I'm curious what enforcement of a beach closure looks like in Mexico. Could be absolutely nada, or state police with M16s.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm pretty sure there's a pool :-)

I'm curious what enforcement of a beach closure looks like in Mexico. Could be absolutely nada, or state police with M16s.
There is a pool in my neighborhood and it doesn't cost me $600 a night to use it. ( but it's not open either)
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There is a pool in my neighborhood and it doesn't cost me $600 a night to use it. ( but it's not open either)
Thousands of people fly 5-12 hours to get to Hawaii just to sit by the pool all day. Makes no sense to me either.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
That is currect. Per what I’ve read online and speaking with the Punta Mita properties, most (but not all) hotel facilities are open but going on the beach, including the ones in front of the hotels, is not allowed. I don’t know how strict enforcement is, however.

From having stayed in 12 Marriott-family properties since covid took off in the US, I’ll warn you that just because a property is “open” doesn’t mean you can expect anything like pre-Covid service. Properties are universally very thinly staffed, meaning long waits for a phone call to be answered or to speak to someone at a desk. Housekeeping is every 3-7 days. Many properties have taken most or all suite out of service while others are unwilling to upgrade to suites because of greater cleaning required. Club lounges are shut. Turndown service is no more. Spa and other facilities (like beach service) may be closed. Restaurants are closed or have limited hours or menus. Marriott has suspended all elite guarantees and brand standards.

On the plus side, rates are low at many properties, some properties are providing free meals in the restaurant to compensate for lounges being closed, some properties are discounting F&B prices, some properties are waiving or discounting resort and parking fees (but this is becoming less common), and some properties are actually closed but still taking bookings and accommodating people at nicer hotels (I spent 10 days at the Ritz-Carlton LA on a JW Marriott booking and someone else booked a residence inn in Atlanta knowing he’d be given a room at the Renaissance).

I’d strongly suggest speaking with any properly you’re considering to understand what will be open and what’s closed, though it can change quickly.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
For those who are willing to forego elite nights, Travelzoo has fully cancellable rooms here for $300/night in the offseason and $400/night in the high season with $100 breakfast credit and $100 property credit over the course of the stay. Not sure the low season offer is great, but high season is typically more expensive than this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
For those who are willing to forego elite nights, Travelzoo has fully cancellable rooms here for $300/night in the offseason and $400/night in the high season with $100 breakfast credit and $100 property credit over the course of the stay. Not sure the low season offer is great, but high season is typically more expensive than this.
But don't forget to add 29% tax and resort fee.

We booked an excellent rate for a King Beach Front, breakfast included, $100 spa credit on Virtuoso for $625/night early February. Just not sure we will feel comfortable making the trip to Mexico at that time.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by steveholt
Any idea if they will honor Platinum breakfast on the Travelzoo rate?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by some dude
Any idea if they will honor Platinum breakfast on the Travelzoo rate?
That's not an eligible rate. No elite benefits.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
If you have Amex FH&R check that rate which would include breakfast and room upgrade. I've seen it at similar levels in the past.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
If you have Amex FH&R check that rate which would include breakfast and room upgrade. I've seen it at similar levels in the past.
I haven't found availability at this hotel on FH and R in a long time......not even listed for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.