Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
I stayed at the CY Munich twice, never got free internet but didnīt ask for it so you might be lucky.

Getting to MUC from the hotel by public transportation is quite easy just walk to Munich Central Station (3min) an hop on either the S8 via Ismaning or the S1 via Neufahrn. Travel time to MUC is 39min on S8 and 41min on S1. There is only one S train departure level at Munich Central; canīt miss it. However S1/S8 are running on opposite tracks. S1 departure times are at :05; :25; :45. S8 departs at :18; :38; :58. Single journey fare is 9,20 €. If you plan to use public transportation before your trip to the airport it is cheaper to buy a Single Day Ticket for the entire network ("Single Tageskarte Gesamtnetz") for 10,00 €. If you plan to travel with another person or a small group (up to 5) buying a Partner Day Ticket ("Partner Tageskarte Gesamtnetz") for 18€ is a great way to save.

Another option is to take the Lufthansa Airport Bus. It also departs from Munich Central (Bus stop at Exit "Arnulfstrasse") and should be at the airport around 40min later. Oneway Fare is 10,50 € (RT 17,-- €). Only plus of the bus is that you will be able to get some glimps of Schwabing and the inner city of Munich. You will also pass the new soccer stadium "Allianz Arena".

Enjoy your trip to MUC and have a safe LH flight to BOS.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Starbucks
I stayed at the CY Munich twice, never got free internet but didnīt ask for it so you might be lucky.

Getting to MUC from the hotel by public transportation is quite easy just walk to Munich Central Station (3min) an hop on either the S8 via Ismaning or the S1 via Neufahrn. Travel time to MUC is 39min on S8 and 41min on S1. There is only one S train departure level at Munich Central; canīt miss it. However S1/S8 are running on opposite tracks. S1 departure times are at :05; :25; :45. S8 departs at :18; :38; :58. Single journey fare is 9,20 €. If you plan to use public transportation before your trip to the airport it is cheaper to buy a Single Day Ticket for the entire network ("Single Tageskarte Gesamtnetz") for 10,00 €. If you plan to travel with another person or a small group (up to 5) buying a Partner Day Ticket ("Partner Tageskarte Gesamtnetz") for 18€ is a great way to save.

Another option is to take the Lufthansa Airport Bus. It also departs from Munich Central (Bus stop at Exit "Arnulfstrasse") and should be at the airport around 40min later. Oneway Fare is 10,50 € (RT 17,-- €). Only plus of the bus is that you will be able to get some glimps of Schwabing and the inner city of Munich. You will also pass the new soccer stadium "Allianz Arena".

Enjoy your trip to MUC and have a safe LH flight to BOS.
Thank you for this detailed info! Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:19 am

EEOs Good in Munich 30 Oct 09 - 10 Jan 10

Hey Sharon (and anyone else with Gold or Plat status that will be going to Munich before 10 January 2010) --

After a (very) long dry spell, the EEOs on "buy one get one" nights and entrees good 30 Oct 09 through 10 Jan 10 are valid in Munich again:

- Renaissance Munich Hotel
- Munich Marriott Hotel
- Munich Airport Marriott Hotel

Let's hope this is the start of a trend, but in any case I'm going to use them while they're good!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm having a pleasant stay at the CY. I showed up on a weekday around 9:30 a.m. and was told it would be about 30 min to have a room ready for me. I left my luggage and went out into the Marienplaz (about a 10 minute walk). When I came back a few hours later, they had already put my bags in my room.

No room upgrade for this Gold member. I have a standard room on the fifth floor facing the street, but there is almost no street noise at all. Internet is 12.50 Euro for 24 hours which is reasonable compared to what others are being charged up the street at the Le Meridien and Sofitel. There's also a package to unlock the TV channels, internet, and local calls for 20 Euro a day.

The room is small, but comfortable. Great bed and good climate control. The bathroom is very small but has a really nice and deep tub for soaking. It took me a minute to figure out that one needs to put the room card in the special reader to enable the lights in the room.

No free breakfast for Golds; only Platinums. They have a big bowl of apples in the lobby that I have raided and there is a grocery store across the street for food, plus numerous ethnic food places for pastries and such. There are also quite a few sex stores. I passed a few ladies of the evening last night walking up to the train station. There are many banks in the area with ATM, including a Deutche Bank right across the street.

Taking the S1 from MUC was very easy. The cab from MUC was 60 Euro.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I also stayed at CY Munich over the weekend, but it was a very short trip (1-night & I was there less than 24 hours). Check-in was easy & pleasant. Like FlyinHawaiian, I didn't get an upgrade; just a basic standard room. Was told that brekkie was free due to my being Plat. I also thought the 12.50E i-net was reasonable gien I hadn't been online since the StarMegaDo. I think the weekly rate for the i-net is 79Euro.

One little hiccup - the bathtub has one of those half-glass doors instead of shower curtains or full doors. Normally it's not a problem, but this one didn't seal properly & when I got out of the shower, I stepped into a floor full of water. Called down to the front desk to have them send up an engineer, who then said it was fine. Called down to the front desk again, and the guy who checked me in came up & looked at it & agreed it was a problem, so moved me immediately to another room. I gave him credit for acting promptly & getting it sorted.

I noticed that there's a restaurant on-site that has a pretty extensive menu, although they don't deliver. There was also a flyer in the room re: tapas stuff you could order & they'd have it ready at the bar to pick up.

I was out really early walking around the city, so I didn't do the breakfast. And I need to call them now to make sure they checked me out yesterday because when I went down to do so, some large tour group was checking out & I would have missed the train to MUC to catch my flight, so I just left the key card on the front desk. Meant to call them from the MUC airport but I forgot.

The train station is 1-block away from the CY Marriott, so easy to get to & very easy S-Bahn 40-minute ride to airport. Think it was 9Euros or something; need to look at my cc receipt.

Cheers.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I just completed a quick stay at the Munich Renaissance. The room was very, very dated. I was there on a priceline bid...so maybe I got a priceline room. Based on this experience (the room in dire need of renovation), I would never pay the going rate they charge to book directly.

Otherwise fine for a quick stay.

If going to/from the airport, the LH bus is very convenient.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Update re the Munich Marriott and comp breakfast for Plats . On a recent weekend stay, comp breakfast was not offered on Saturday and Sunday ... only Monday to Friday.

Next trip will likely try the new Courtyard by the train station.

Agree, the LH airport bus is very convenient at 10.50 euros single trip.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Renard
I just completed a quick stay at the Munich Renaissance. The room was very, very dated.
The property used to be a Ramada. Although it is getting a bit threadbare, and the lack of central air conditioning in the summer can be an annoyance, the staff is absolutely outstanding, the breakfast is fantastic, and the customer care could hardly be better.

It's my usual hotel when I'm in Munich.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Hey Sharon (and anyone else with Gold or Plat status that will be going to Munich before 10 January 2010) --

After a (very) long dry spell, the EEOs on "buy one get one" nights and entrees good 30 Oct 09 through 10 Jan 10 are valid in Munich again:

- Renaissance Munich Hotel
- Munich Marriott Hotel
- Munich Airport Marriott Hotel

Let's hope this is the start of a trend, but in any case I'm going to use them while they're good!
is there an EEO coming out that will be valid for the Ren Munich in June??

Thanks!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Originally Posted by bmw303
is there an EEO coming out that will be valid for the Ren Munich in June??

Thanks!!
Saw some nice deals at Hilton Munich. Can't remember where I saw them. The hotel is above the S-Bahn (elevator takes you down to S-Bahn). The breakfast here is amazing! Would stay again just for the amazing breakfast spread.
Old May 18, 2010, 8:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'm booking an award stay at the Munich Marriott during Octoberfest. Any info or suggestions on this property?
Old May 18, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm booking an award stay at the Munich Marriott during Octoberfest. Any info or suggestions on this property?
I'm also heading to Oktoberfest, and staying at the Marriott Courtyard, Munich Marriott, and Hilton City Center (had to split because of hotel availability). I've stayed at the Courtyard and Hilton in the past, but am wondering - how is the location of the full-service Marriott in relation to the Oktoberfest grounds?
Old May 19, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by esteban7
I've stayed at the Courtyard and Hilton in the past, but am wondering - how is the location of the full-service Marriott in relation to the Oktoberfest grounds?
3 minutes walk to U-Bahn "Nordfriedhof", take train towards Munich City Center and exit at station "Goetheplatz" or "Poccistr.". Another 5 minutes walk from there. No walking directions needed just follow the crowds...

Total travel time from hotel should be around 20-25 minutes.

There is a direct stop on the grounds itself as well. However getting to it ("Theresienwiese") requires a connection at "Odeonsplatz".
Old May 19, 2010, 12:53 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by esteban7
I'm also heading to Oktoberfest, and staying at the Marriott Courtyard, Munich Marriott, and Hilton City Center (had to split because of hotel availability). I've stayed at the Courtyard and Hilton in the past, but am wondering - how is the location of the full-service Marriott in relation to the Oktoberfest grounds?
I'm also headed for Oktoberfest this year - coming in opening day and leaving the following weekend. However I booked my stay at the Le Meridien because of the location (easy access to train station & walking distance to the grounds).
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
no breakfast vs bfast vs american bfast at CY Munich City Centre

Planning our first trip to Munich (5 night/4 days over Thanksgiving). Since we are planning day trips to Dachau, Neuschwanstein and Nuremberg, looks like the Courtyard will work out nicely for its proximity to HBF. Was looking at the weekend rates and wondering if I should pay for breakfast? (keeping in my that my lowly silver status gets nada benefits).

Weekend rate: 99 euro
Weekend Stay for breakfast rate 2 people: 109 Euro - Is this what one calls continental breakfast (fruit, juices, muffins, tea and coffee?) Would waffles and omelets be included in this 109 Euro rate? or would I have to purchase a full American breakfast?

We can do without breakfast as we're not early risers if the extra 10 Euro just gets us a cold breakfast. Could we could take our chances at any local "schnell-imbiss" spots around the HBF or Marienplatz or Viktuelmarkt?

Thank you in advance "oh wise FTers who stay at Marriott CY properties"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.