Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 4:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by MikeBU
Staying at the Munich Renaissance is like stepping into a time machine and traveling back to 1981.

Seriously, aside from the Revive bedding that MI funded centrally for all hotels, I don't think anything has changed since the day this place opened.

Renaissance has become my go-to brand these days as their quality has generally risen to meet or exceed full-service MI, but wow... not here, not until they renovate.

I would wager that this property will not be flagged a Marriott brand for too much longer.

ETA: The CY near the Hauptbahnhof is quite nice; I happened to stay there the night it opened a couple of years back. Standard fresh European CY design, similar to domestic Full-Service rooms.
So you think I should cancel my Ren award stay and move to FS across the street?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA - Kettle
Ironically, I just stayed at this property over this past weekend. I'm by no means a connoisseur of hotels, but it suited my needs. The beds were great, the room was clean, and the shower was hot. I do agree that some sprucing up is needed (carpet seams in the hallways are very worn). But the checkin/out was friendly and fast. I did skip the expensive breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

It's right off the Nordfried stop and a block away from the Lufthansa airport bus pickup.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by husker267
Ironically, I just stayed at this property over this past weekend. I'm by no means a connoisseur of hotels, but it suited my needs. The beds were great, the room was clean, and the shower was hot. I do agree that some sprucing up is needed (carpet seams in the hallways are very worn). But the checkin/out was friendly and fast. I did skip the expensive breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

It's right off the Nordfried stop and a block away from the Lufthansa airport bus pickup.
Which REN or FS?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA - Kettle
Sorry, it was the REN
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the CY two weeks ago (we had both the FS and the CY booked with the FS only being 10 Euros more and decided to go with the CY based on location).

Rate included breakfast. As a PP they gave us free internet and the whole minibar (not a lot in it but still it was free).

If you are there to see Munich, very well located as you can walk to Karlplatz in 10 min and there is access to all the key subway/tram lines that allow minimum connections.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:16 pm

Do Gold Member get free Breakfast at the Marriott Munich? I will stay there for a one-night stay from Sunday to Monday...

Thanks!

SunshineMouse
Old Jul 1, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SunshineMouse
Do Gold Member get free Breakfast at the Marriott Munich? I will stay there for a one-night stay from Sunday to Monday...

Thanks!

SunshineMouse
I am also curious about this. Thinking of coming to Munich for a Friday - Sunday stay. As a Platinum do the REN, FS, or CY offer concierge lounge and/or free breakfast?

Thanks,

Beofotch
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beofotch
I am also curious about this. Thinking of coming to Munich for a Friday - Sunday stay. As a Platinum do the REN, FS, or CY offer concierge lounge and/or free breakfast?
Not sure about the breakfast, but no Munich property has a lounge. If location is not that important, I usually stay at the Marriott Munich Airport which is in Freising (quite a hike to Munich Downtown, I know), but the rooms are very nice, breakfast is good (again no idea if it's free on weekends) and the staff is fantastic...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed 11 nights at the Munich CY in June, 2009. 7 nights with MR points & the other 4 were paid. As a Plat, breakfasts for me and my wife were free every morning.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by djohannw
Not sure about the breakfast, but no Munich property has a lounge. If location is not that important, I usually stay at the Marriott Munich Airport which is in Freising (quite a hike to Munich Downtown, I know), but the rooms are very nice, breakfast is good (again no idea if it's free on weekends) and the staff is fantastic...

Greetings - Dirk
I did a MR last year and stayed at the Freising hotel. It was under construction at the time. I ended up with an all-inclusive rate that included internet and breakfast for a price that was only a couple of Euros more than the next best rate. Don't know if a Plt will get breakfast included, but I did.

That was last year - things may have changed.

BTW, it was a bit of a hike from the bus station/train station on Sunday AM - the local buses were not running.

If you stay at Freising and want to travel into Munich, ask the front desk for a day pass to the transit. It covers the the train into the city as well as all subway services.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
We were quite pleased with the CY near the Hauptbanhof. Short walk to everything, never even took the U system while in Munich.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have a weekend (Friday - Sunday) booked at the Courtyard in Munich coming up, but actually arrive on a Thursday morning. I do have a free night cert that I was planning on using for this night. Is there any reason why I would't want use the free night at the CY and stay at either of the the Marriotts or the Renaissance? They all appear to be Cat 4s.

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Is there any reason why I would't want use the free night at the CY and stay at either of the the Marriotts or the Renaissance? They all appear to be Cat 4s.
Both the Renaissance and the Munich Marriott are currently Cat 5s. The Airport Marriott is a cat 4, but I find it to be rather remote unless you're coming in at MUC.

If you're looking for reasons to stay at the FS properties downtown, the Marriott has a really nice Spa, pool, and a Sports Bar. The Renaissance has a great atrium garden, I really like their breakfasts, and the restaurant is neat (particularly in the summer/early autumn when you can eat out in the atrium).
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thanks for the advice; the free cert is from the summer promo so is only good for Cat 4 and below; I'd rather stay in the city than out by MUC, so I'll just spend all three nights at the CY.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Am staying at the CY Munich next weekend following the StarMegaDo, arriving by train from FRA.

2 questions:

* Does anyone know if free internet is still offered to Platinums? I hadn't planned on bringing my laptop on the trip, but my flight doesn't go back to the US until 3:30pm on a Sunday, so might do some work in the room (since I think most tourist things will be closed on a Sunday)

* Is there a train that goes from downtown Munich to the airport, or if not, is it a taxi ride & if so, approx how many Euros?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.