FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:56 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by djohannw
Not sure about the breakfast, but no Munich property has a lounge. If location is not that important, I usually stay at the Marriott Munich Airport which is in Freising (quite a hike to Munich Downtown, I know), but the rooms are very nice, breakfast is good (again no idea if it's free on weekends) and the staff is fantastic...

Greetings - Dirk
I did a MR last year and stayed at the Freising hotel. It was under construction at the time. I ended up with an all-inclusive rate that included internet and breakfast for a price that was only a couple of Euros more than the next best rate. Don't know if a Plt will get breakfast included, but I did.

That was last year - things may have changed.

BTW, it was a bit of a hike from the bus station/train station on Sunday AM - the local buses were not running.

If you stay at Freising and want to travel into Munich, ask the front desk for a day pass to the transit. It covers the the train into the city as well as all subway services.