Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Next month a brand new Marriott is opening in Munich
Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
They are also opening a 3rd Residence Inn.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by northernstar84
Next month a brand new Marriott is opening in Munich
I noticed this in my app today - Marriott Munich City West - looks to be a few blocks away from Roomers in what is presumably a new build complex based on the modern renders.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Here is my subjective ranking of the 3 Marriott properties I tried on this trip to Munich - as always, full reviews and photos are in the respective master threads - I liked all of these:
  1. Le Meridien - great welcome gift, convenient location, comfortable bed and shower, tasty breakfast
  2. Roomers - pretty suite, nice welcome gift, cool but firm bed, nice shower
  3. Marriott (Schwabinger) - older, heated bathroom floor, good breakfast and evening Elite Zone
I also stayed at the Andaz and would probably rank it between the Le Meridien and Roomers (LM has a huge location advantage, IMO).
yyzflyer and TRANSWORLDMARINE like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:33 pm

I stayed 4 nights at 3 Marriott properties for our first visit to Munich this August
Titanium.
I don't (or very rarely) ask about upgrades or invoke Marriott guarantees - even when I know I should.
Apologies to the community.

1. Roomers, Autograph Collection - 1 night
We got a silent upgrade. And a welcome gift as well. But no recognition at all on check-in. Front desk was meh.
Late check-out when we asked the next morning was no problem at all.
We had dinner at Izakaya. Cool venue. Really good service. I was disappointed in what we ordered for the crazy price to portion ratio. Nothing was exceptional except the service.
Great breakfast. And the breakfast staff was fabulous. As well as the coffee.
I really liked this hotel and location.
Easy to get to from MUC
Summary: As an elite, we got a silent non-suite upgrade from a basic room, 4 p.m. late check-out and a free fabulous breakfast. And 1,000 welcome points.

2. Caro & Selig, Autograph Collection Tegernsee - 2 nights
Another silent upgrade, as in no mention of it on check-in though it was an upgraded room.. We were offered a 4 p.m. late check-out on checking in. But no mention of status at the desk and no welcome gift in the room.
We had dinner on the roof terrace and despite the poor service, we had leisurely drinks the next afternoon. The staff on the second visit was outstanding.
Breakfast was great. Great coffee again. And, service at breakfast the second morning was perhaps a bit too attentive.
I really liked this hotel.
Summary: As an elite, we got a silent non-suite upgrade, 4 p.m. late check-out and another extensive breakfast. 1,000 welcome points.

3. Marriott München (Berliner Strasse 93) - 1 night
I did a giant error and did not realize there were two "Marriott' hotels in Munich. I meant to book the airport hotel.
No upgrade. I didn't ask. The room was exactly as booked. Dated. Status was mentioned on check-in and 4 p.m. checkout was offered at that time.
The special elite area in lieu of a lounge was disappointing even though I was not expecting much. Certainly better than nothing. Think low North American standard without the alcoholic beverages and you may not be disappointed.
We had a glass of (one selection red and one selection white) mediocre wine and then went out for a really good local dinner nearby - with brusque service. In this lounge, you should opt for the beer for sure.
One could probably get by eating in the elite area if you're not too particular about health or palate. I did not try the soup though.
I would stay here again without complaint. Though, prefer Roomers (out of just the two Munich hotels in which we stayed).
I liked the location for what we were doing. And getting to the airport was pretty speedy by Uber.
Summary: As an elite, no upgrade (we did not ask), mediocre elite area in lieu of a lounge, average breakfast. Dated hotel close to transit. We got a whopping 1,750 welcome bonuses.

Caveats:
I'm getting more particular in my older age. For leisure stays, we're booking higher category rooms so there is less room for a hotel to offer an upgrade.
I've contemplated the 'benefit' of the elite status I have in a few chains. Certainly, I've gotten value out of it. But, I was really getting disappointed by the failure to impress - even slightly. So, now I go in with no expectations. Ahem, rather - I try to go in with no expectations.

And we're still targeting stays to Marriott hotels to reach lifetime platinum in Marriott for at least one of us.

Finally,
Recent stays in Poland have probably skewed my experience for elite status Hotels in Warsaw have amazing lounges and elite recognition (especially compared to Germany). Sheraton Warsaw has set the new bar where we've stayed over 60 nights the past 18 months.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming

1. Roomers, Autograph Collection - 1 night
We got a silent upgrade. And a welcome gift as well. But no recognition at all on check-in. Front desk was meh.
Late check-out when we asked the next morning was no problem at all.
We had dinner at Izakaya. Cool venue. Really good service. I was disappointed in what we ordered for the crazy price to portion ratio. Nothing was exceptional except the service.
Great breakfast. And the breakfast staff was fabulous. As well as the coffee.
I really liked this hotel and location.
Easy to get to from MUC
Summary: As an elite, we got a silent non-suite upgrade from a basic room, 4 p.m. late check-out and a free fabulous breakfast. And 1,000 welcome points.
Thanks for the summary and comparison. Your Roomers review tracks closely with mine, though front desk staff was friendly when I visited.
And I recall the coffee at breakfast being very good, which must have stood out as this was a year ago
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Marriott City West

Has anyone stayed at the new Munich Marriott City West?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Originally Posted by deeannjd
Has anyone stayed at the new Munich Marriott City West?
Just finished a stay there: Meh. I come to Munich a bit so won't return probably, unless it's a price issue. I usually stay at the Le Meridien or out at Ostbahnhof and was hopeful for a new "go-to" hotel. I'm referencing the
Munich Marriott Hotel City West: Landsberger Str. 156, 80687 München

Location is a bit outside the city center, but there is a tram right in front of the hotel (18&19). Fairly easy access from the airport, since an 11 minute walk from the S-Bahn line at Hirschgarten. There's not much at all right near the hotel (unless you need a BMW at the dealership next door). Tram is easy to use, but slow. Lots of construction right in front of hotel, and the entrance is around back where the taxis drop off.

Inside: Hotel is BRAND new, with some fancy things like cool light controls on the wall, next to bed, nice TV, lots of outlets, USB connectors, etc. The regular room is pretty small actually, but very functional. No closet or drawers, a nicer version of Motel one if I'm not being generous.
Bathroom has a huge shower and a seat-warming bidet as standard. Water pressure was weak. Nespresso machine in room and I imagine you can simply request an iron and board if needed. Windows are new, so no outside street noise at all. Interior noise is there as you can hear neighboring televisions and some voices.

Staff is young, helpful, multilingual, for most it seemed like German was not their native tongue so is staffed for a multi-national clientele which is nice. Housekeeping will try to get in the room at 9am, so put the "do not disturb" electronic switch on-part of the fancy controls.

Lounge: Top floor new lounge with a nice patio and view tot he south towards the alps. Will be really nice in good weather!
The lounge is nice itself, but the food offerings were pretty weak. Breakfast and "snacks" at 5:30pm were minimal, a lot less than the Residence Inn and way below the Le Meridien. Was told that if you have lounge access you can upgrade to the restaurant for 12EUR to get a full spread. For such a nice lounge, it seemed like they were going for the bare minimum in terms of food offerings. Evenings-the standard white/red wine offerings and a fridge full of bottled beer (At least it was Weihenstephaner-one of the best in the city!)

Bonvoy: Uggh. You've been upgraded/bonvoyed! (To a high floor) Asked about a larger room (didn't say suite or anything) and was told that there were no rooms in the upgrade inventory like that---only higher floor rooms. Later that day, a staff person told me how empty they were and wanted more guests to come so I looked again at the rooms for sale and indeed many larger rooms and suites were available for sale (I'm Titanium) so the upgrade inventory is throttled. The hotel was empty-ish but I imagine they will have no issues filling it in the summer for the EM or during certain festivals.

Last edited by voweffekt; Mar 17, 2024 at 12:12 pm Reason: Clarification of property
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:08 pm

My favorite Munich property by far is the Munich Marriott on Berliner Straße. IMO the best location as it is in a quiet neighborhood with nearby U-bahn and easy walking to Englischer Gartens. You can even get to Marienplatz if you like a nice stroll. 20 minutes or so to the airport and mostly on the autobahn so you don't have to deal with complicated roads, especially when jetlagged.

Perhaps LM is better for Marienplatz/Theresienwiese if that is your only goal. Recently renovated lobby though rooms were a bit dated. Suite with balcony is great to have a few drinks and a view. Steigenberger next door has a great restaurant and there are a couple of nearby grocery stores and a good bakery.

Last edited by Jetlagged In Schwabing; Mar 19, 2024 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jetlagged In Schwabing
My favorite Munich property by far is the Munich Marriott on Berliner Straße. IMO the best location...
Hm...that's interesting as Marriott Berliner Strasse is my least favorite full service property. Small and basic rooms, hard to get upgrades, no real lounge, small gym right next to the pool. While I did walk to Marienplatz several times I would not advertise this as anytime short stroll .
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Any thoughts/opinions on the Konigshof Luxury Collection which is supposed to open this summer?

My family and I will be in Munich this August for 5 nights. Thinking of using points since it is a rare 5 night stay for us. Not sure I want to blow that many points considering the many other options -- though the redemption value per point seems pretty good vs. the $700/night paid rate.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
It's right on Karlsplatz road, so while it's convenient, it's also a busy/ noisy area. But it is a brand new build!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.