Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've stayed at the CY & didn't feel unsafe at all. No idea on LeM.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I dun feel unsafe when staying at the LM as well. The aloft is just beside.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
As general context, it is worthwhile noting that the oft reported 2018 refugee crimewave in Germany has actually seen crime rates go down vs. previous years. I can also confirm that sex shops won't hurt you, unless you don't follow the instructions on some of their products.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:03 am

area around Munich train station is generally safe, true it is a bit on the seedy end with all the sex shops. I have stayed in the LeM numerous times (30+) over the last years and never had any issues.

Never came across these alleged gangs of young refugees doing drugs and causing trouble in front of the hotels and around the station ... this is right-wing propaganda rather than reality.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
As general context, it is worthwhile noting that the oft reported 2018 refugee crimewave in Germany has actually seen crime rates go down vs. previous years. I can also confirm that sex shops won't hurt you, unless you don't follow the instructions on some of their products.
Originally Posted by jak456
area around Munich train station is generally safe, true it is a bit on the seedy end with all the sex shops. I have stayed in the LeM numerous times (30+) over the last years and never had any issues.

Never came across these alleged gangs of young refugees doing drugs and causing trouble in front of the hotels and around the station ... this is right-wing propaganda rather than reality.
I'm not getting this from news but from people who've been there and by reading the reviews left by previous visitors at the hotels.
Leopardz likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I was in Munich a few months ago. Took the train, and ate around station and lounged about for hours while waiting for train. No issues whatsoever. Lots of sex shops but I felt fine.

I didn't stay at LM, my client had me stay at a boutique place but felt fine in city .
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've recently stayed at LM, in a nice suite on the top floor. There and the aloft seem safe to me, but I wouldn't walk on side streets in the area at night.

Sex shops have been a German institution for decades. [There are also some German TV shows that provide explicit sex advice.] It's always amused me that the branding (signage and corporate colors) for one of these chains looks very similar to that of Rex-all drugstores in that USA.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
I've stayed at the Marriott on the north side a few times. It's in a residential area and only a block from the U6 and a 15 minute ride to Marienplatz. It's a typical Marriott, but we've enjoyed our stays there.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by seat38a
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
You will be fine. Take it easy. No reason not to stay close to Munich Central.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've recently stayed at LM, in a nice suite on the top floor. There and the aloft seem safe to me, but I wouldn't walk on side streets in the area at night.

Sex shops have been a German institution for decades. [There are also some German TV shows that provide explicit sex advice.] It's always amused me that the branding (signage and corporate colors) for one of these chains looks very similar to that of Rex-all drugstores in that USA.
The side streets are the reason I decided against the Courtyard which is a block or two away from the station.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by IndyDave
I've stayed at the Marriott on the north side a few times. It's in a residential area and only a block from the U6 and a 15 minute ride to Marienplatz. It's a typical Marriott, but we've enjoyed our stays there.
Thanks Dave! Very helpful information.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
aloft?

I prefer the aloft to LM. It is a newer property, has large rooms, and even a laundry room. Area is seedy as reported but I never felt unsafe.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:11 pm

The side streets are the reason I decided against the Courtyard which is a block or two away from the station.
Side streets didn't bother me when I stayed at CY.

Cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Benner
I prefer the aloft to LM. It is a newer property, has large rooms, and even a laundry room. Area is seedy as reported but I never felt unsafe.
Benner, how was the laundry room? How many machines do they have? Also, do they give out Platinum Breakfast?

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:33 am

Also, do they give out Platinum Breakfast? Thanks!
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant for member + 1 as a Platinum Elite welcome gift option (not in addition to it).

— Aloft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.