Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lainys
Weekend Stay for breakfast rate 2 people: 109 Euro - Is this what one calls continental breakfast (fruit, juices, muffins, tea and coffee?) Would waffles and omelets be included in this 109 Euro rate? or would I have to purchase a full American breakfast?
My understanding is that this will get the full breakfast buffet for the two of you - if I had the choice paying 10€ more for that I would in a heartbeat. The Courtyard has a very excellent breakfast buffet - from my point of view the best in Germany of all Marriott hotels I stayed at.

My next stay there is either late this week or late next week - if I remember I will ask them what the Stay for breakfast rate will include exacty.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by djohannw
My understanding is that this will get the full breakfast buffet for the two of you - if I had the choice paying 10€ more for that I would in a heartbeat. The Courtyard has a very excellent breakfast buffet - from my point of view the best in Germany of all Marriott hotels I stayed at.

My next stay there is either late this week or late next week - if I remember I will ask them what the Stay for breakfast rate will include exacty.

Greetings - Dirk
Vielen Dank Dirk
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ok! So I am at the Marriott Munich right now.. Got upgraded to a very lovely room on the 7th floor. Not a suite but very close (Probably the largest EU room I have stayed in).

So, yes, no lounge but the now have this thing the call the "Elite Zone" It is in the breakfast area and it is pretty nice.. Pour your own Franzikaner and self serve wines. Great food.. After reading this thread and arriving expecting no lounge color me pleased.

BTW: You must walk to the east from the hotel and check out the English Garden.. So many beer gardens and so nice!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Marriott-family hotels in Munich

Checked into the Marriott Munich Airport this evening

Now THIS is a refurb - good job!

Modern, comfortable & classy

(Dusseldorf, I'm looking at you)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
If I am planning on attending oktoberfest, what would the best hotel to stay at be, location wise? First time oktoberfest, second time in Munich.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Checked into the Marriott Munich Airport this evening

Now THIS is a refurb - good job!

Modern, comfortable & classy

(Dusseldorf, I'm looking at you)
Update on exec lounge please? Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
We are staying at the Courtyard Munich City East for 2 nights in May. It appears to be a 15 minute walk from the city center. Is that accurate? Anyone have experience with this property? I am a Plat so hopefully will recieve free breakfast. We did in at the Stockholm CY last July. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mclymerne
We are staying at the Courtyard Munich City East for 2 nights in May. It appears to be a 15 minute walk from the city center. Is that accurate? Anyone have experience with this property? I am a Plat so hopefully will recieve free breakfast. We did in at the Stockholm CY last July. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Why would you think you would get breakfast comp'ed? Do you get it comped in the US at C/Ys?. The same thing usually obtains in Europe and at this specific hotel. We took the S-Bahn from the East Haufbahn-Hof to the fairgrounds.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Can confirm free brekkie for plats. Easy walk to Marienplatz or take any S-Bahn from "Ostbahnhof".
I learned to like this Courtyard due to quiet rooms for a good night's sleep and modern gym. Happy hour 6-8pm offers great coktails for € 4.50. Restaurant is not impressive (and no MR Points..).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
If I am planning on attending oktoberfest, what would the best hotel to stay at be, location wise? First time oktoberfest, second time in Munich.
CY City Center would be your best bet location wise. Walkable even inbound after a couple of "Mass"
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
As to breakfast, the CY and the Residence Inn are in the same building and I think management seems to have decided it was too difficult to separate the free breakfast customers (Residence Inn) from the freeloaders .
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
Thanks for everyone's input. Exdon-- I agree the City Center would be better but that's an extra 40,000 points in 2 nights. I try to maximize my point usage as we take a couple of vacations a year. I don't mind a little extra walking.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Why would you think you would get breakfast comp'ed? Do you get it comped in the US at C/Ys?. The same thing usually obtains in Europe and at this specific hotel.
Because the Stockholm CY provided brekkie based on his stay previously & because the CY City Center MUC also provides breakfast. It's not an unreasonable question. As you know, it's not universal in Europe or the US but there are some CY properties that do provide brekkie to Plats. Those properties (if they're reported) I add to the exec lounge sticky.

Originally Posted by ohmark
As to breakfast, the CY and the Residence Inn are in the same building and I think management seems to have decided it was too difficult to separate the free breakfast customers (Residence Inn) from the freeloaders .
I didn't even realize there was a RI in MUC until this post. Must have missed that before. So are you saying this CY does provide free brekkie to Plats?

Thanks for everyone's input. Exdon-- I agree the City Center would be better but that's an extra 40,000 points in 2 nights. I try to maximize my point usage as we take a couple of vacations a year. I don't mind a little extra walking.
Given it's an extra 40K points, you'll be out & about & we're talking CY vs. full service, I agree saving the 40K points makes sense.

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Because the Stockholm CY provided brekkie based on his stay previously & because the CY City Center MUC also provides breakfast. It's not an unreasonable question. As you know, it's not universal in Europe or the US but there are some CY properties that do provide brekkie to Plats. Those properties (if they're reported) I add to the exec lounge sticky.

That is why I said USUALLY hall monitor.

I didn't even realize there was a RI in MUC until this post. Must have missed that before. So are you saying this CY does provide free brekkie to Plats?
The R/I is a 5 or a 6 and the C/Y is a 3 or a 4.

When I stayed at that specific C/Y I did not get a free breakfast despite holding Platinum status, but admittedly that was soon after they opened, I think about 3 years ago.

Given it's an extra 40K points, you'll be out & about & we're talking CY vs. full service, I agree saving the 40K points makes sense.
I'm sure that he feels better now.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jan 31, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 pm

Munich has 2 CY (CC and East), one RI (connected to CY East) and 2 FS (MUC and Schwabing=North). Both CY provide free brekkie to Plats. I like both of them better than the FS Schwabing. CY CC is Cat 7 and offers an extraordinary brekkie. CY East offers a nice brekkie, is Cat 3, but point redemption can be tricky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.