FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:32 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I also stayed at CY Munich over the weekend, but it was a very short trip (1-night & I was there less than 24 hours). Check-in was easy & pleasant. Like FlyinHawaiian, I didn't get an upgrade; just a basic standard room. Was told that brekkie was free due to my being Plat. I also thought the 12.50E i-net was reasonable gien I hadn't been online since the StarMegaDo. I think the weekly rate for the i-net is 79Euro.

One little hiccup - the bathtub has one of those half-glass doors instead of shower curtains or full doors. Normally it's not a problem, but this one didn't seal properly & when I got out of the shower, I stepped into a floor full of water. Called down to the front desk to have them send up an engineer, who then said it was fine. Called down to the front desk again, and the guy who checked me in came up & looked at it & agreed it was a problem, so moved me immediately to another room. I gave him credit for acting promptly & getting it sorted.

I noticed that there's a restaurant on-site that has a pretty extensive menu, although they don't deliver. There was also a flyer in the room re: tapas stuff you could order & they'd have it ready at the bar to pick up.

I was out really early walking around the city, so I didn't do the breakfast. And I need to call them now to make sure they checked me out yesterday because when I went down to do so, some large tour group was checking out & I would have missed the train to MUC to catch my flight, so I just left the key card on the front desk. Meant to call them from the MUC airport but I forgot.

The train station is 1-block away from the CY Marriott, so easy to get to & very easy S-Bahn 40-minute ride to airport. Think it was 9Euros or something; need to look at my cc receipt.

Cheers.