Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:25 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Posts: 1,078
I'm on my way to the Westin Paris now. Is a taxi the best way to get from CDG to the Westin? How much should it cost? There are two of us. Would a shuttle service save us much over a taxi?
Thanks.
ac/elite is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:23 pm
  #62  
abk
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: stl
Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Posts: 3,068
Originally Posted by Flyaway33
We will be staying here in May and have a Executive Club Level Jr Suite. I am confused though as some express the Lounge is a joke, while others express they had a wonderful full breakfast. Has anyone used the Executive Lounge lately and if so, what do they provide throughout the day?
i was just there this week. i booked two rooms on points and requested connecting rooms. when we arrived they had upgraded me to jr suite with connecting regular room. the jr suite was very nice and the other room was nice but small. we were on the third floor which is the same floor as the lounge. as a platinum we were given access to the lounge. if you are platinum i am not sure i would pay for the "executive club level jr suite" as a regular jr suite would get you the same benefits. although i did not ask anyone, i think the third floor is the top floor with a full floor layout. it looked to me that 4 and 5 had attic type window whereas we had a small balcony with a beautiful view of paris.

anyway, breakfast was a typical european continental breakfast. breads, cheese and cold cuts as well as cereal. nothing special but with the dollar as weak as it is it is a great benefit. was in london at the park tower the week before and could have really used it there. the happy hour was just silly. they closed off the breakfast room which is small but the biggest part of the lounge and only left open a computer area with two desks and a small tv room. more than 10 people and you would be on top of each other. no booze at all and just a ice bucket full of drinks with some sweets. no attendant at all and when the soft drinks were gone that was it. really unimpressive.

all in all we were quite happy there. the location was perfect. i read some reviews on other travel sites and was a little apprehensive as there are reports of a mouse problem. we so no evidence. my conclusion from those sites it to make sure you get a renovated room.
abk is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:44 am
  #63  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Posts: 5,309
I booked a five night award stay for mid-April at this hotel and took the option to upgrade to a jr. suite for an additional 2,500 per night. As a Platinum, I would expect to get access to the lounge. From a past stay, the most valuable part of this for me was access to a PC to check emails as well as evening soft drinks (bottled water). We like going to cafes for coffee and croissants so the breakfast is pretty much worthless to us regardless of the spread.

Can I request (with valid reason) an upgrade to a larger suite at checkin, or is a jr. suite the best I can get?

Also, is there a particular floor or room number series that I should try to get to obtain the largest jr. suite with the best views of the Tuileries?
dingo is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2008, 8:45 am
  #64  
abk
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: stl
Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Posts: 3,068
Originally Posted by dingo
I booked a five night award stay for mid-April at this hotel and took the option to upgrade to a jr. suite for an additional 2,500 per night. As a Platinum, I would expect to get access to the lounge. From a past stay, the most valuable part of this for me was access to a PC to check emails as well as evening soft drinks (bottled water). We like going to cafes for coffee and croissants so the breakfast is pretty much worthless to us regardless of the spread.

Can I request (with valid reason) an upgrade to a larger suite at checkin, or is a jr. suite the best I can get?

Also, is there a particular floor or room number series that I should try to get to obtain the largest jr. suite with the best views of the Tuileries?
a couple of things:
there were only two pc's in the lounge, only one of which had an american keyboard and there was often a line. they do offer free wireless in the lounge if you call downstairs and request the password so if email is important to you it may make sense to bring a laptop.
we had a junior suite with a great view: tuileries straight ahead and to the left, place de la concorde on the right and the eiffel tower in the background with a fabulous light show at night. our jr suite was 3063 which is the same floor as the lounge but a bit of a walk as the lounge is in the back of the hotel and the rooms with a view are in the front. this room was remodeled and very nice. it had full length windows that opened and you could stand outside at night and take in the view and have a drink if you wanted to. no place to sit but still quite nice. i do not know how many jr suites are in the front of the hotel with a view on 3 but if you request our room you will not be disappointed.
abk is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:10 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: JAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,770
Originally Posted by abk
a couple of things:
there were only two pc's in the lounge, only one of which had an american keyboard and there was often a line. they do offer free wireless in the lounge if you call downstairs and request the password so if email is important to you it may make sense to bring a laptop.
we had a junior suite with a great view: tuileries straight ahead and to the left, place de la concorde on the right and the eiffel tower in the background with a fabulous light show at night. our jr suite was 3063 which is the same floor as the lounge but a bit of a walk as the lounge is in the back of the hotel and the rooms with a view are in the front. this room was remodeled and very nice. it had full length windows that opened and you could stand outside at night and take in the view and have a drink if you wanted to. no place to sit but still quite nice. i do not know how many jr suites are in the front of the hotel with a view on 3 but if you request our room you will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the update and info on room and Wifi. I'll ask for 3063 when I'm there next week.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:47 am
  #66  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Posts: 5,309
Originally Posted by dingo
I booked a five night award stay for mid-April at this hotel and took the option to upgrade to a jr. suite for an additional 2,500 per night. As a Platinum, I would expect to get access to the lounge. From a past stay, the most valuable part of this for me was access to a PC to check emails as well as evening soft drinks (bottled water). We like going to cafes for coffee and croissants so the breakfast is pretty much worthless to us regardless of the spread.

Can I request (with valid reason) an upgrade to a larger suite at checkin, or is a jr. suite the best I can get?

Also, is there a particular floor or room number series that I should try to get to obtain the largest jr. suite with the best views of the Tuileries?
Just bumping my own question...
dingo is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:19 pm
  #67  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 11,903
I think you can only get upgraded to a junior suite, but it all depends on availability I guess.

Does anyone know which rooms have Molton Brown amenities? Two weeks ago, my junior suite had Westin amenities while others I passed had the Molton Brown goodies.
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:07 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Posts: 1,078
I was there for 5 nights at the end of March on a cash and points rate. I was on the fifth floor, upgraded to a suite. I don't know what the suite classification was, but you enter the suite into a living room and then walk down a hallway with closets to reach the bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Both the bedroom and living room had small balconies. The products were Westin, except for one day when they were Molton Brown. The description of the lounge and breakfast given by previous recent posters is pretty accurate. We enjoyed the breakfast.
ac/elite is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:53 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LHR and ZRH
Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Posts: 1,007
I've booked to stay at this hotel this coming weekend for one night. I've booked a junior suite and the platinum customer services guy has requested an upgrade to the next grade of room - called a prestige suite.

Has anyone stayed in a prestige suite before? If so and it was a good one with a great view, can I please have the number of the suite so I can request it at check-in?

Thanks in advance

Regards
/MHL
d'Yquem is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:28 am
  #70  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Posts: 5,309
Internet access in lounge

I just received an upsell email for my upcoming stay here and saw this:
"ONE HOUR INTERNET ACCESS IN THE BUSINESS CENTER: 1750 SPG POINTS

Stay connected, take advantage of one hour internet access in our business center."

I know this is different from the Concierge Lounge, but can anyone who has been here recently confirm that there is still a PC with free internet in the lounge?
dingo is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:51 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: JAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,770
2 PCs in Lounge

Originally Posted by dingo
I just received an upsell email for my upcoming stay here and saw this:
"ONE HOUR INTERNET ACCESS IN THE BUSINESS CENTER: 1750 SPG POINTS

Stay connected, take advantage of one hour internet access in our business center."

I know this is different from the Concierge Lounge, but can anyone who has been here recently confirm that there is still a PC with free internet in the lounge?
There are 2 PCs for free Internet access with attached printers in the lounge. I had problems with Wifi in the lounge (others had not problems) first week in Apr., so I used the ethernet connection for one of the PCs to connect my laptop to the Internet for email access.

I observed a few guys who were hogging the PCs at time in the late afternoons and mornings.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:28 pm
  #72  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Posts: 5,309
We stayed here for five nights on an award, used more points to get the assured upgrade to a Junior Suite. Of course we really wanted the 'room w/ a view' and were thrilled when the desk agent told us we had a renovated junior suite with a view of the gardens when we checked in at 9:30. The room wasn't ready so we headed out to see some sites. When we returned, we got room 4007 and found that it had a courtyard view. Called down and the desk agent was new and didn't know what the codes meant when she was checking us in. We asked for three days if we could get a room with a view and then gave up.

The new rooms are nice and subtle. They're not going to bowl you over, but are quite a change from the Meridien furniture (think that's what it was before a Westin). Browns and tans for colors. The bathroom is pretty much unchanged as far as fixtures and so on.

The lounge also seems to be unchanged except that they (as mentioned above) now have two pc's instead of one.

Overall, nice hotel in a great location. I'd have liked to see the nicer beds come with the remodel but that must not go over well in Europe or something.
dingo is offline  
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:16 pm
  #73  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PARIS (France)
Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 10,859
Originally Posted by dingo
The new rooms are nice and subtle. They're not going to bowl you over, but are quite a change from the Meridien furniture (think that's what it was before a Westin).
The hotel was previously one of the two InterContinental hotels in Paris
nicolas75 is offline  
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:22 pm
  #74  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Posts: 5,309
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel was previously one of the two InterContinental hotels in Paris
My bad...thanks for the clarification.
dingo is offline  
Old May 11, 2008, 10:12 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Posts: 1,067
Free WiFi for Platinum@ Westin Paris?

My wife and I are staying at this property in two weeks. Will have Platinum's have the ability to have have free WiFi in the rooms and or lounge?

Thank you for your help.
flyer121 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.