FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:45 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by dingo
I booked a five night award stay for mid-April at this hotel and took the option to upgrade to a jr. suite for an additional 2,500 per night. As a Platinum, I would expect to get access to the lounge. From a past stay, the most valuable part of this for me was access to a PC to check emails as well as evening soft drinks (bottled water). We like going to cafes for coffee and croissants so the breakfast is pretty much worthless to us regardless of the spread.

Can I request (with valid reason) an upgrade to a larger suite at checkin, or is a jr. suite the best I can get?

Also, is there a particular floor or room number series that I should try to get to obtain the largest jr. suite with the best views of the Tuileries?
a couple of things:
there were only two pc's in the lounge, only one of which had an american keyboard and there was often a line. they do offer free wireless in the lounge if you call downstairs and request the password so if email is important to you it may make sense to bring a laptop.
we had a junior suite with a great view: tuileries straight ahead and to the left, place de la concorde on the right and the eiffel tower in the background with a fabulous light show at night. our jr suite was 3063 which is the same floor as the lounge but a bit of a walk as the lounge is in the back of the hotel and the rooms with a view are in the front. this room was remodeled and very nice. it had full length windows that opened and you could stand outside at night and take in the view and have a drink if you wanted to. no place to sit but still quite nice. i do not know how many jr suites are in the front of the hotel with a view on 3 but if you request our room you will not be disappointed.