Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 9:46 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by flyer121
My wife and I are staying at this property in two weeks. Will have Platinum's have the ability to have have free WiFi in the rooms and or lounge?

Thank you for your help.
you will have to pay for internet in the room but they have a couple of computers in the lounge and if you call the front desk they will give you the access code for access while in the lounge for free.
Old May 12, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SnoopDogg69
any news? I am going there soon!
abk answered the question, so I'm not sure what kind of news you're looking for. You can use their two computers in the lounge. One of them has an English keyboard as you're used to, the other a French one, the difference being the placement of some of the letters. If you prefer wireless, you can call down to the front desk and they'll give you a password to use on your laptop in the lounge.
Old May 14, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I've stayed twice now at this hotel. On both times, I've been upgraded from a junior suite to a very nice suite.

The first occasion was an upgrade to a suite on the third floor, overlooking the tuillery gardens (with an uninterrupted view - full height windows opening onto a small balcony - from the louvre all the way to the arch de triumph), which had a massive corner living room and a bedroom. The bathroom was pretty small but very nicely decorated in white marble. On the back of the main door to the suite, it has a floor plan which names the suite the 'Cezanne Suite'. It's not referred to elsewhere as that, but it was certainly beautifully-decorated.

The second occasion was an upgrade to a suite on the top floor, overlooking one of the internal courtyards. It was three rooms in a row - the first being a living room, the second being a bedroom and the third being a bathroom with a massive square jacussi bath. The style was very modern - not as nice as the first suite imho, but then again I wasn't really able to appreciate it because I was suffering from hay fever so wasn't able to open the windows.

I definitely preferred the first room, but was told that the upgrade to that room was 'exceptional' and I shouldn't expect it every time.

Room service - on both occasions was over priced and but reasonably good quality (but certainly not at the prices charged). I was told the wrong price of a bottle of Dom 1999 (I was told - probably incorrectly - that the price was €120 but it appeared on the bill for €260 or so) but as I only spotted it once I'd left the hotel there wasn't much I could do about it. Another thing to watch out for is the hotel phone charges. I needed to ring a US number for BA and for some reason my mobile phone refused to connect the call, so I had to dial the number from the hotel phone. Thankfully they took 50% off the price of the call, but it was still over €100. No doubt the bean counters at work will ask what it was for, but I'll just tell them that it's recoverable from BA under Regulation 261/2004 as the reason I needed to call was yet another BA cock-up.

One individual who stands out as superb was the front desk director - Connor. He really knows what good service looks like.^^^
Old May 16, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
tuillery
Tuileries

arch de triumph
Arc de Triomphe

Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, SPG Plat
Any updates? I'll be here in a couple of weeks with my wife and daughter...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by nicolas75
tuillery
Tuileries

Arc de Triomphe

I think we should rename them Waterloo Arch and Agincourt Gardens...
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
These spelling games sure are fun and productive! Keep it up you two!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 teenagers - 16 & 18) and are staying at this hotel in four weeks. I have booked 2 rooms using our cash and points reward (gold spg member). Can I request connecting rooms before we arrive? How do I go about that? Contacting the hotel directly? Email or phone? How far in advance is the best time to do it?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:56 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mamastew
Hi everyone,

Our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 teenagers - 16 & 18) and are staying at this hotel in four weeks. I have booked 2 rooms using our cash and points reward (gold spg member). Can I request connecting rooms before we arrive? How do I go about that? Contacting the hotel directly? Email or phone? How far in advance is the best time to do it?

Thanks for the help!
Only the hotel can absolutely block connecting rooms, provided they even have such a thing. I would use either the phone, fax or email if one is published on their home web site and I would do this as soon as possible.

One other tip if you call, ask for the front office manager...not the reservations department. Many hotels these days do not have an in-house reservations department and you may be re-directed to the Customer Contact Center if that is the case. No one at the Customer Contact Center is going to be able to fulfill this request, even if they are acting as reservation agents on behalf of the property.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 30, 2008, 9:15 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by mamastew
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help!
i requested connecting rooms at this hotel in march ( through the platinum concierge ) and the hotel took care of it with no problem.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:54 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by abk
i requested connecting rooms at this hotel in march ( through the platinum concierge ) and the hotel took care of it with no problem.
But, this is a Gold member...not Platinum.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Only the hotel can absolutely block connecting rooms, provided they even have such a thing. I would use either the phone, fax or email if one is published on their home web site and I would do this as soon as possible.

One other tip if you call, ask for the front office manager...not the reservations department. Many hotels these days do not have an in-house reservations department and you may be re-directed to the Customer Contact Center if that is the case. No one at the Customer Contact Center is going to be able to fulfill this request, even if they are acting as reservation agents on behalf of the property.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
I called the hotel directly and requested them. Thank you for your advice.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I reserved 5 nights in September on Cash and Points in a Superior Room, Newly Decorated, 2 Single Beds.

I am platinum and would like to hope for an upgrade, but didn't know if there are any suites with 2 beds. Anyone know if these suites exist?

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Gold, AMEX Plat, Avis CHM, IHG Plat RA
Get the concierge to book you a Limousin de Paris and take it to Epernay and go visit some champagneries. Awesome.

Enjoy.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mrEzE
I reserved 5 nights in September on Cash and Points in a Superior Room, Newly Decorated, 2 Single Beds.

I am platinum and would like to hope for an upgrade, but didn't know if there are any suites with 2 beds. Anyone know if these suites exist?

Thanks

Just a bump to see if anyone knows if there are suite upgrades with 2 beds. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.