Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by sapguy
I would say that the view of the Tour Eiffel on the right, the Tour Montparnasse in the middle, and the Arc de Triomphe on the left from my room, high up and all in the same frame, is far better! To each their own !
Picture that I took from my room at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by sapguy
Picture that I took from my room at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Very different view, but it's nice.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The hotel business has been booming with the Rugby World Cup, the Fashion Week and high rates. They even rented spaces for showrooms and there was one fashion show after another in the function rooms.
Some would qualify the place as a "zoo", (with people sitting in the lobby, others putting their feet on the tables while some would lie on the couches) but others would find it "interesting". At times, reaching the elevator was a challenge.
A number of the carpets have been changed in some suites and the royal suites have been renovated with fresh paintings and new furniture).
Hopefully, the hallways will smell better with the new carpet (not sure the old ones are the cause), as some spots are really unpleasant.
They also just started to change the magnetic lockers with lockers with keys with a chip.

Nobody seems to know when the property will actually close.

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 6, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
We had a great 3-night stay here in late September. I had booked a standard room on points, but my SNA request was granted and I was upgraded to a top-floor junior suite with a view that stretched from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower, with two small balconies - a truly fantastic view. (I was suprised the SNA cleared - for at least several weeks the website was not showing anything other than a few standard rooms available.) The junior suite was listed as having a queen bed, which concerned me a bit since we always do king beds, but the bed was not noticeably smaller than an American king. The breakfast buffet was good. We found the service good, and never encountered any of the problems others have complained of, although we did note the cabinet holding the TV and minibar was a bit beaten up and showing it’s age. We must have been there around the same time as the prior poster, because we also encountered the Fashion Week impact, which we found rather interesting.
I have stayed here several times over the years, and absolutely love the location.

Last edited by Retiredlife; Oct 7, 2023 at 7:21 am
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Ugh, now I’m disappointed I didn’t change my Renaissance Republique night to the Westin, like I considered while I was in town. Maybe the hotel won’t close?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it confirmed that the hotel will become a Jumeirah? or will it stay as a Westin when it closes after the Olympics for a full renovation?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We stayed here for three nights last week, the city was generally mobbed but the Vendome area was over the top busy with the holiday fare in the Tuileries. We had a reasonable corporate rate for 2 rooms and it seemed like a decent value for money as we got assigned larger rooms that were both renovated. The reality is the location is hard to beat and it’s what keeps me coming back to this place (and the PH Vendome from time to time). We found some decent restaurants tucked back on Rue Mt Tabor.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it confirmed that the hotel will become a Jumeirah? or will it stay as a Westin when it closes after the Olympics for a full renovation?
I don't think that there is a definitive answer on the timing, as there are many authorizations that are required before any construction can start,.

Regarding the future of this property, if I had purchased this building, I would probably not keep it as a hotel operating under the Westin brand.
Also, taken into consideration the new owner, one might easily reach a conclusion on what the goal is for this building.

https://skift.com/2023/12/13/jumeira...l-by-2030/amp/
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:44 pm

It now seems that the hotel will be open for at least another year.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
This hotel has probably one of the best locations in Paris for a Marriott.
Too bad they could not make a St. Regis out of it, with an extensive renovation.
Though, having stayed there quite a lot, I won't miss it. It's not due for renovation, it was due for renovation 10 years ago already.
Old Today, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Curious to see how much renovation they are pushing along right now with the Olympics and the change coming up. Anyone stayed there since January and can give an insight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.