Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 11:24 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Had another 5 night stay here last week. Hotel was full, so ended up in a slightly larger king whatever with a courtyard view. Appeared from the floorplan to be roughly 1/6 the size of the Royal Suite I got on my stay last year. Strangely, I slept much better in the small room, probably helped by the lack of connecting doors and no street noise. The hotel continues its downward slide -- housekeeping didn't show up at all on two days, and did a mediocre job on the days they did come by. The front desk and restaurant staff were ok, doormen don't seem too eager. Restaurant breakfast (in lieu of points) of acceptable quality, although no variation. Make sure to ask for omelets/pancakes/etc, which are delivered to the table on request, but never offered. Location ideal for quick access to riots on Place de la Concorde and strike-related garbage piles.

The sole reason I stayed here again is the fact that it's still an easy and relatively cheap BRG -- under €250 a night. For reference, regular rates for my dates were in the €1500 range at PH, €500-600 at IC, Westin and both Rens, and even Courtyard GdL was just above €400. All those are twice what they should be, so as long as the somewhat reasonable BRG is possible, I may return to the Westin on occasion, although without enthusiasm.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jpdx
so as long as the somewhat reasonable BRG is possible, I may return to the Westin on occasion, although without enthusiasm.
Plus you can't beat access to the riots and garbage piles.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The bookings in Paris hotels have been reduced by 20 to 30%.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gp8ys

Last edited by UASPG; Mar 24, 2023 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by UASPG
The bookings in Paris hotels have been reduced by 20 to 30%.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gp8ys
Vive la France, and their right to strike on any matter for any reason
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by sapguy
Vive la France, and their right to strike on any matter for any reason
Wondering if visitors, that do not want to deal with the rats and the smell around the accumulated trash, the violence from small groups (that are becoming larger), the trash bin burnings and with dragging their suitcases on a highway, also have the right to strike.

The Westin has the chance to be in the 2nd "arrondissement", which has its trash handled by a private company that is not affected by the strike.

Last edited by UASPG; Mar 24, 2023 at 3:48 pm
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:17 pm

One Asst. Manager told me that the hotel will close in 2025, but also indicated that there has been so many back and fourth during the past 5 years about the sale of the property.
I did not get that confirmed by somebody else from the management team.

earlier, the word was that the hotel would not close before the 2024 Paris Olympic Games, as the City Hall requires all hotels to be open during that period ( 26 July to 11 August ).
TerryK likes this.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 25, 2023 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:24 pm

Dubai Holding buys out The Westin Paris – Vendôme

https://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/b...-dubai-holding

March 1, 2023

"The hotel will remain under the management of Marriott under the banner of Westin for at least the next 15 months. Dubai Holdings did, however, state it will “consider future plans for the property after the Paris Olympics in 2024.“ "

James Luckard likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:55 pm

Thanks! I updated the Wikipedia page.
Old May 21, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Well, I did it - I booked the Westin Vendome. I swore I would not stay here based on the reviews, but after going back and forth last night on my Paris bookings, I just can't fathom not staying at a historic Westin. Let's hope that the Emiratis can pump enough money to keep it presentable - they aren't known for bad hotels.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Comparing between this place and Hyatt Regency. Both hotels cost roughly the same.

which one do you prefer?

(I stayed at the Westin twice pre-covid and found it quite good, not exceptional but not bad either.)
Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Comparing between this place and Hyatt Regency. Both hotels cost roughly the same.

which one do you prefer?

(I stayed at the Westin twice pre-covid and found it quite good, not exceptional but not bad either.)
I am not able to give you an opinion on the comparison between the 2 hotels (the only Hyatt, I stayed at in Paris, was the Park Hyatt), but the view from the rue de Rivoli side of Westin Vendome cannot be beaten and will no longer be available to Marriott guests in a little over a year.
If you were able to take advantage of the Jardin des Tuileries (and much more) view during your past 2 stays, you will want to enjoy it again.
On the other aspects of the hotel, you will find that the breakfast is pretty much the same (quite decent), but do not expect to find the hotel in a better shape than it was, when you were there.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

which one do you prefer?

For me, I prefer the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile as I like the quartier a bit better! It’s less touristy and since I speak French, I feel very much at home here (although English is widely spoken in this quartier). The views from high atop Paris at the Hyatt is better even though I once had a suite at the Westin with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

The Regency Club at the Hyatt is also very good!

Lastly, I am somewhat of a regular at the Hyatt so the staff there knows me.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
The views from high atop Paris at the Hyatt is better even though I once had a suite at the Westin with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.
I guess that I would have a try the Hyatt Regency, after the Westin shuts its doors.

I thought that a view with Le Louvre, the Jardin des Tuileries, the Musée d'Orsay, the National Assembly, the Grand Palais, the Eiffel Towel, the Hotel des Invalides, the Orangerie, the Obélisque of the Place de la Concorde, the Arc de Triomphe, etc ... was very hard to beat.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:02 am

I would say that the view of the Tour Eiffel on the right, the Tour Montparnasse in the middle, and the Arc de Triomphe on the left from my room, high up and all in the same frame, is far better! To each their own !
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:05 am

There is a panoramic picture, posted by Ben Vollmer on this "album", that shows the full view from the Westin.
Westin Vendome Paris views

A couple of pictures with a partial view, that I took and saved:

Last edited by UASPG; Jun 26, 2023 at 1:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.