FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]
Old Mar 23, 2023, 11:24 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Had another 5 night stay here last week. Hotel was full, so ended up in a slightly larger king whatever with a courtyard view. Appeared from the floorplan to be roughly 1/6 the size of the Royal Suite I got on my stay last year. Strangely, I slept much better in the small room, probably helped by the lack of connecting doors and no street noise. The hotel continues its downward slide -- housekeeping didn't show up at all on two days, and did a mediocre job on the days they did come by. The front desk and restaurant staff were ok, doormen don't seem too eager. Restaurant breakfast (in lieu of points) of acceptable quality, although no variation. Make sure to ask for omelets/pancakes/etc, which are delivered to the table on request, but never offered. Location ideal for quick access to riots on Place de la Concorde and strike-related garbage piles.

The sole reason I stayed here again is the fact that it's still an easy and relatively cheap BRG -- under €250 a night. For reference, regular rates for my dates were in the €1500 range at PH, €500-600 at IC, Westin and both Rens, and even Courtyard GdL was just above €400. All those are twice what they should be, so as long as the somewhat reasonable BRG is possible, I may return to the Westin on occasion, although without enthusiasm.