Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by bbklumpur
Hi Robyn and everyone

You might want to reconfirm with the Westin if it actually has an executive lounge.

I stayed there at the end of July 08 and, as an SPG Plat, was upgraded to a junior suite but not on the SPG floor as no other junior suites were available.

I was told on 2 different occasions that there was no executive lounge.

The other thing to note is that the Westin didn't provide SPG amenities such as Molton Brown bathroom amenities or a complimentary bottle of water in rooms or suites on non-SPG floors to SPG members who are given rooms on those floors. (I've stayed also on their SPG floor so I can compare).
I had a similar experience. I was told in no uncertain terms that they no longer have a club floor (despite signs in the lobby to the contrary) or a club lounge at that property. The property did recently undergo a full reno, so it is plausible. The floorplan on the backs of the doors on the supposed club floor make mention of a lounge, but the floor plans appear to be hold overs from the property's Intercontinental days.

Strangely, I also found that bathroom amenities ranged between Westin Heavenly soaps and shampoos and Molton Brown products on a seemingly random basis. I switched rooms about three times during a recent stay in August and two of the rooms (both queen beds) had Molton Brown products while one room (king bed) had Westin products. My friends, who stayed in a queen room, also had Westin products. It almost seems like they're in the process of phasing out Molton Brown.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by zero savings
Is anything replacing the lounge - breakfast options? Welcome gift? Anything?
In a word, no.

The only breakfast option that we were able to find in the hotel was coffee and croisants (the only things on the menu, btw) in the main courtyard area for about 15€ per person.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Club location

I depend on the following link to locate Sheraton/Westin Club lounges when making my hotel reservations:

http://members.shaw.ca/twallis/starwood.xls

It still shows the Westin Paris has a Club lounge, but what I am reading in this post is that it no longer has one, is that right?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:56 pm
In memoriam

I received email from reservations located in the hotel - and they told me the lounge no longer exists. Robyn
Old Sep 11, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Anyone have a recommendation on best way to get to this hotel from Orly? Specifically, I'm wondering if there is public transit. The hotel web site doesn't help. Mini-van service at 24 euros per person seems a little pricey!

TIA
Old Sep 11, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Am wondering the same question.

Like Margarita Girl, I'm also going to Paris, mid-October, thanks to FT's Open Skies contest , and am looking at the Westin Paris.

(am also throwing around the LM Etoile and the Hilton)
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since there is no lounge at this hotel, will Platinums get complimentary breakfast certs?

TIA
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by tjk1976
In a word, no.

The only breakfast option that we were able to find in the hotel was coffee and croisants (the only things on the menu, btw) in the main courtyard area for about 15€ per person.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Anyone have a recommendation on best way to get to this hotel from Orly? Specifically, I'm wondering if there is public transit. The hotel web site doesn't help. Mini-van service at 24 euros per person seems a little pricey!
Yes, you can take the OrlyVal train to the RER B to get into the city. Change at Chatelet for line 1 to Tuileries.

Check out http://www.subwaynavigator.com/bin/s...h/france/paris (internet explorer only)
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Since there is no lounge at this hotel, will Platinums get complimentary breakfast certs?
Be warned that the Westin is located in the wealthiest area of central Paris. Nothing is cheap around there. But if you walk 10 minutes in most any direction you will find plenty of affordable good food. Look on the side streets for small restaurants. They are much better than the large splashy places. Also look for tiny little grocery stores to buy drinks, etc.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the info on breakfast (or lack of!) and transportation. Out of the blue today, a room opened up at the Hilton Paris, so I grabbed it. So for the sake of free breakfast, I'll be staying there.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Newly redecorated rooms at the Westin Paris?

Was just reading in a magazine that the 440 rooms of the Westin Paris were entirely redecorated lately.

Could anyone please confirm that information?

If it's true, then it's a great news!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I cannot confirm that every single one of the rooms is finished, but when I was last at this property in Mar 2008, there were many areas where the rooms had been upgraded and they were on their way through the whole property. I am guessing that 7 months later they must be close to finished. One way or the other, as a Plat you would almost certainly be assured a renovated room if you put the request in. I had no problem getting one in March. We may spend Thanksgiving week here, I'll give an update if we do.

Originally Posted by Super Larry
Was just reading in a magazine that the 440 rooms of the Westin Paris were entirely redecorated lately.

Could anyone please confirm that information?

If it's true, then it's a great news!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
What mean UNWIND HOUR???

If there is no more lounge, so what is it???
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:04 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
What mean UNWIND HOUR???

If there is no more lounge, so what is it???
Hi Forstbetrieb,

Westin's “unwind hour” on weekdays features a rejuvenating, educational and/or a renewing activity in a relaxing atmosphere.

For more information on specific activities, do give the property a call or send an email to them to find out. The published email address is [email protected].

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.