Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:55 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Thumbs up

Thanks Thyetus!

I will check this.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Unwind is pretty pathetic at most hotels.

Westin, please drop them, it only creates disappoinment. If you want to serve apples and ice tea in the lobby great, but don't advertise it as something special.

Last edited by beachfan; Dec 16, 2008 at 6:41 pm
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by beachfan
Unwind is pretyt pathetic at most hotels.

Westin, please drop them, it only creates disappoinment. If you want to serve apples and ice tea in the lobby great, but don't advertise it as somehting special.
Here here. And also please stop talking about the Heavenly Bed. If I can't sleep it only creates disappointment. Just stop it. Stop it all! Stop advertising! Stop doing unique things! Just stop...please stop. Ah heck, I love it. Don't change thing.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
Unwind is pretty pathetic at most hotels.

Westin, please drop them, it only creates disappoinment. If you want to serve apples and ice tea in the lobby great, but don't advertise it as something special.
At the Westin Paris Unwind hour is anytime! Anytime after you've been snubbed, lied to or given misinformation you need to go to your room to calm down and unwind.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:18 am

Just returned from our trip and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.

A few comments-
Im a gold. No recognition whatsoever was given. She even asked to see my card to confirm the number was correct. No upgrade, no early check in, no nothing.

I inquired about my early arrival request but was told no rooms were available. This seemed odd to me because i checked online the night before and it seemed many rooms were still available to book so why would they not let me check in early if they had a room? Is there a financial reason?

The room was dark and dingy. I dont know if i had one of the renovated rooms or not but it certainly didnt appear to be renovated. No Molton Brown products, old style tv etc.

There are still smoking rooms, I know there were a few posts regarding this question

Hotel is in a great locating, thats its only redeeming quality. Otherwise this hotel is overpriced and dirty. I would not stay here again.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
A hotel can be fully booked one night and have availability the next or all of the rooms that might have been available for you (as a Gold) might have been unavailable early. It's hard to tell from availability whether there will be rooms available early.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I usually don't expect early check in anywhere personally. The part of no recognition that bothers me is the literal part of it...no recognition. On my last stay I did not get upgraded but at least they told me that they recognize I am Plat and know that I should get an upgrade, but none were available. That at least makes me feel like they've gone through the effort and I will usually assume they are being honest. Nothing more difficult than asking for an upgrade in another country when you don't speak the language in my opinion...ok, there are more difficult things in life but you know what I mean.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:02 am

Well Hello There precision80 and dingo,

It sounds like your stays at the Westin Paris was not up to par and I am sorry to hear that. Both of you should have been recognized and if this hotel is not doing it CCS can let management know there.

With that said, presisoin,contact Corporate Customer Service (CCS) at 1-800-328-6242 or send them an email at [email protected] and let them know of your experience at the Westin Paris.

dingo, early checkin is never guaranteed as you know, but they should try to be accommodating, especially to Platinum guests. They should have upgraded you there as well and since they didn't you should contact Platinum Concierge and express you concerns to them.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:33 am

Thanks Scottsdale, ill send them an email. I understand the hotel was probably full and thus an UG was not available and early check-in is not guaranteed either but as Dingo said, I actually took out my card to verify the number listed on my check in form and the woman at the desk didnt even say anything at THAT time regarding my status!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Please don't misunderstand: I got the room I booked, checked in at the time I should have been allowed to and even got access to the now-defunct lounge. Am I disappointed I did not get upgraded? Yes. Do I think they tried to upgrade me? Yes. That's all. I got what I paid for and what I believe I was due...unless there were actually rooms available. But there was a large convention going on and I imagine the choice rooms were pre-assigned to their VIP's or guests checking in before me.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Angry no answer is not an answer...

WOW!!! What a great service!!!

Even more than one month later no answer from the westin paris on my email...

May be the published email address, which Thyetus has given to us is wrong???

Or the service is out of service...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:41 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
WOW!!! What a great service!!!

Even more than one month later no answer from the westin paris on my email...

May be the published email address, which Thyetus has given to us is wrong???
No, he gave you the right email address for the reservations department at this property.

Or the service is out of service...
Or, maybe they never received your first email? Have you sent a follow-up since the first one a month ago?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:25 pm

Yes, I did.

Tomorrow I will send the next ( third )
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:27 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Yes, I did.

Tomorrow I will send the next ( third )
You know you can also ask Corporate Customer Service to send them an inquiry on your behalf, right? [email protected]

Regardless, good luck.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:34 pm

Yes I know, but I thought it would be easier if I send an email to the hotel directly, because sometimes changes a programm or something happens, like closing the lounge etc.

If I don't get an answer within another week, I will ask CCS.

Thanks William!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.