FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:23 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Flyaway33
We will be staying here in May and have a Executive Club Level Jr Suite. I am confused though as some express the Lounge is a joke, while others express they had a wonderful full breakfast. Has anyone used the Executive Lounge lately and if so, what do they provide throughout the day?
i was just there this week. i booked two rooms on points and requested connecting rooms. when we arrived they had upgraded me to jr suite with connecting regular room. the jr suite was very nice and the other room was nice but small. we were on the third floor which is the same floor as the lounge. as a platinum we were given access to the lounge. if you are platinum i am not sure i would pay for the "executive club level jr suite" as a regular jr suite would get you the same benefits. although i did not ask anyone, i think the third floor is the top floor with a full floor layout. it looked to me that 4 and 5 had attic type window whereas we had a small balcony with a beautiful view of paris.

anyway, breakfast was a typical european continental breakfast. breads, cheese and cold cuts as well as cereal. nothing special but with the dollar as weak as it is it is a great benefit. was in london at the park tower the week before and could have really used it there. the happy hour was just silly. they closed off the breakfast room which is small but the biggest part of the lounge and only left open a computer area with two desks and a small tv room. more than 10 people and you would be on top of each other. no booze at all and just a ice bucket full of drinks with some sweets. no attendant at all and when the soft drinks were gone that was it. really unimpressive.

all in all we were quite happy there. the location was perfect. i read some reviews on other travel sites and was a little apprehensive as there are reports of a mouse problem. we so no evidence. my conclusion from those sites it to make sure you get a renovated room.