Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
PM, hands down. Better property, better location.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
PM, hands down. Better property, better location.
Yup.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
FS isn't appreciably farther from the Quarter than the PM. The PM would be my choice between the two, but both have good and bad rooms. A good room at the FS is large, at the end of the hallway on a top floor, with a water view. A bad room is tiny. A good room at the PM is swank, but a bad room is also tiny with a window looking into an air vent with direct views into other rooms. No matter which of the two hotels you wind up at, do your research, call ahead and try to make sure you are in a good room.

Also, just to be sure you're not discounting this because of the brand: The CY Iberville beats both of these properties, hands down. It's closer to the Quarter and the rooms are much, much nicer. The other CY is horrid, but this one is now my go-to NO hotel.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
PM in Nov for a pre-stay for a conference was my 1st choice. I have stayed at most NOLA FS hotels and really like the PM
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Easy. PM

But this:

The CY Iberville beats both of these properties, hands down. It's closer to the Quarter and the rooms are much, much nicer.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Agree on the CY Iberville, but sold out that night. Already have a ressie there for later in Nov when Saints play the Bengals.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
General question using points in NOLA....for the day I would use it:

AC = 30,000 pts or $399
Ritz= 50,000 pts or $499
Saint = 35,000 pts or $219
JW = 35,000 pts or $309

I wanted to stay at Saint but it feels like a waste to use it on points. Is the paid stay price for that time just throwing me off?...I feel like it would be a waste on surface?

Maybe just pay for Saint and hold onto points ?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:31 am

evening safety/walkability

Over holidays with kids, are downtown hotels safe to walk in the evening after dark or taxi is recommended? (how about walk from streetcars to hotel)

Specifically,
Residence Inn
SpringHill Suites
Downtown Mariiot Convention Center

(even Google Streetview of highly recommended Ren PM look iffy)

TIA
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by desi
Over holidays with kids, are downtown hotels safe to walk in the evening after dark or taxi is recommended? (how about walk from streetcars to hotel)

Specifically,
Residence Inn
SpringHill Suites

TIA
I've never felt unsafe walking in NOLA with downtown hotels. Given it's the holidays I'd imagine the various areas will be busy.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by desi

Specifically,
Residence Inn
SpringHill Suites

TIA
Even though the Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center has downtown in it's name, it's really not. All those properties are more in the warehouse district. If you're going to be in the French Quarter, the only real option other than walking is taxi (or pedi-cab). If you are going to be walking, do not wear out the kids before heading back, it's a bit of a hike on foot. Depending upon time of day the "street cars" along the river can be fun, but not very helpful (short ride for the walk to them and then to your hotel).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
favorite

Planning a bachelor party for my brother, from the comments here PM sounds like the consensus for hotels. I see there is an option for a suite, but are there larger rooms? (2 br suites, somewhere to serve as a meeting place?)

Any other suggestions? Probably going to need 5-7 rooms.

Thanks!

Last edited by Krischey; Jan 5, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:09 am

Planning a trip here in the fall... Seems like I'm able to get comparable rates at the Ren PM, Ren Arts and the AC. The consensus around here seems to be that the PM is the best of the bunch? Any other thoughts comparing those three? Never been to New Orleans.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:22 am

Can't speak to the AC. The Ren Arts is pretty, but I hear every pin drop echo down the hallway all night long. It's also not as close to the French Quarter or the other tourist locations. The PM is swank, as long as you don't get one of the smaller rooms. Some of there rooms are too small for the bed, dresser and chair they stuff in there, and you have to open the door, walk partially in, scoot around, move the door and scoot again to get into the room.

The Iberville CY is a much better hotel in a much more convenient location. Are you not able to get a competitive rate there? If you are looking for a full service hotel, keep an eye on the JW, which is closer to everything than the Ren Arts.

Out of curiosity, I just checked rankings on TripAdvisor.
CY Iberville: 17th highest rated hotel in New Orleans.
JW: 31
Ren Arts: 42
AC: 67
Ren PM: 78

Last edited by CJKatl; Feb 22, 2015 at 10:13 am
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:36 am

Surprised to see the PM so low on that list given the relatively strong reviews here.

Looks like the AC/PM/CY Iberville are all fairly close to each other, but I see how the Arts is out of the way.

Thanks for the suggestions
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by dblue
Looks like the AC/PM/CY Iberville are all fairly close to each other, but I see how the Arts is out of the way.
You are looking at the wrong CY if you are thinking it's near the PM and AC. The PM, AC and CY Downtown Near the French Quarter are close to one another. These hotels are south of Canal St, which puts them a bit of a hike from the French Quarter. The FS and JW are on Canal Street. The RC, Saint and CY Iberville are north of Canal, on the same side as the French Quarter, a block off of Bourbon Street.

The CY south of Canal is a generic CY plopped down in NO. The CY Iberville is a great hotel with big, comfortable rooms that is nothing like most CYs. Avoid the one south of Canal unless, for some reason, you want to go to NO but feel like you are staying off any highway exit anywhere in the country. Despite it being close to everything, the Iberville CY rooms are quiet. The Iberville CY is located where you can stop by the room as you are bar hopping, going to restaurants, etc. Going to Canal or south of Canal makes going back to the room time consuming.

Last edited by CJKatl; Feb 22, 2015 at 10:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.