Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Marriott-family hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Glad you updated with your report on the CY Iberville. My stay there in December was excellent. And I agree. Best CY I've stayed at in the US.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:31 pm

Marriott properties near French Quarter

I thought I would throw my .02 in since I have stayed here since mid July '13 in hopes of helping someone who is trying to decide which property will fit their needs the best.

As a Marriott Platinum member, here are my choices in order of preference:

JW Marriott
Renaissance PM
Courtyard (Iberville)
Saint
Marriott (Convention Center)
Courtyard (St Charles)

I am also a Gold member with IHG and have stayed at both the Crowne Plaza and the Intercontinental so I will throw those in for comparison.

(Please note all of these hotels have a very still valet parking charge ranging from about 28.00 at the Crowne Plaza to 42.00 at the Renaissance PM)

JW Marriott
Very nice atmosphere with quick valet service. The concierge lounge here was my favorite in the city with good food and a great view one of the upper floors. Service was excellent and the room was spacious and comfortable. Not a bad walk, a couple of blocks south of Bourbon St on the opposite side of Canal but closer to Harrah's if you like to gamble.

Renaissance PM
Renovated old hotel but very nice. They do have some smaller corner rooms which I am not a fan of but the regular rooms are nice except the TV is a bit small when watching from the bed. Best valet service but also the most expensive in town. They do not have a concierge lounge anymore but do have a small room with soda/water open until 10pm for Elite members. In lieu of the lounge, they do provide breakfast for 2 at Mila (continental or off the menu which is nice) as well as 2 items off their bar menu from 5-7pm during the week. The Shrimp Beignets are delicious. Easy walk, a half block north of Bourbon and 1 block west of Canal.

Courtyard (Iberville)
In the same building as both the Ritz Carlton and the Saint, the location is excellent. One block south to Bourbon St and you are right in the thick of things. There is no freebies for the Elite member unfortunately so this is the reason they are so far down my list. The rooms are my favorite in New Orleans, very spacious with a seperate living space, refrigerator, and room darkeing shades in the bedroom. Valet parking is quick and other than the entrance is on the first floor but the front desk, restaurant, and access to all other floors is on the second floor I can't think of a thing to complain about here. Staff is very friendly.

The Saint
Although it is in the same building as the Courtyard (Iberville), it is the opposite corner on Canal and Burgundy. Not as convenient as the Courtyard but still a short walk, 2 blocks north of Bourbon St. The hotel itself is kind of strange, with a pool table in the lobby and black lights all over the place but I did like it. The rooms are nothing special, comfortable and roomy enough but I did have an issue with the air conditioning in both rooms I stayed in, although it was slightly better in the second room. Valet service not as fast as the Courtyard or Renaissance PM but still pretty good. There is no concierge lounge and the free breakfast gives you 2 choices from the menu. Cool vibe at the hotel but I think I am too old for it and the Elite benefits were underwhelming.

Marriott (Convention Center)
Hotel is nice and valet sufficient and cheaper than the rest (don't rmember how much) but this property is too far to walk every day to get to the French Quarter in my opinion. If you enjoy walking, you may disagree but it is a 15.00 ride in a pedi-taxi which was a better alternative than stumbling all the way back to my room at 1am. Concierge lounge is decent and food in the bar was pretty good as well. The walk to Harrah's is not too bad, 4 or 5 blocks I think and this does allow easy access to the developing Warehouse district which is an up and coming area with some good restaurants. Directly accross the street from the Convention center and fairly close to the Riverwalk and Aquarium.

Courtyard (St Charles)
My least favorite property, stayed there only once. Located one block south of Bourbon and a half a block west of Canal, the location is pretty good. The valet parking is fine, although slightly slower than most other properties. This is just an average Courtyard with no Elite member benefits.

Intercontinental (IHG)
Located on St Charles at the corner of Poydras, it is about a 4 or 5 block walk to Bourbon St. Valet is pretty good and their concierge lounge is good with a decent breakfast and evening Hors d'oeuvre as well as free alcohol from 5:30 to 7:30. I enjoyed my stay here and there was a little bar connected to it on the first floor that was pretty fun. Rates here were relatively cheap comparatively speaking.

Crowne Plaza (IHG)
Prime location at the corner of Bourbon and Canal, and the valet was cheaper than most. Cars are parked 4 blocks away and the valet does not answer the phone when they are even slightly busy. It took 45 minutes to get my car one morning which made me late for a meeting. The hotel is nice but not overly friendly. Concierge lounge is pretty good and the location/atmosphere is awesome but the terrible valet service was deal breaker for me.

I hope this helps someone.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Welcome to FT & thanks for the great analysis/reviews. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Thanks for all the recent trip report. Staying at Courtyard Iberville with the kiddos, grandparents are at the JW. Will report back!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
2,000 Bonus Points in New Orleans

Marriott Rewards® members, receive 2,000 bonus points per weekday stay at select hotels in the Big Easy!

Now through March 31, 2014, choose from one of our 12 participating New Orleans Marriott® hotels and reap the rewards!

promotional code MR5
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Can someone clarify how the CY Iberville, the R-C, and the Saint are "connected" - I see that all 3 take up one entire city block, but can you walk freely internally from one to another? Or will you reach an internal door that says "R-C guests only beyond this point", etc.?

I also see that guests at the CY can "use" the R-C pool, but it seems that the charge is $25/day? (PP or PR?) Yikes! For such a tiny little thing! I know it's got the water feature where you feel like you're swimming (can't recall the name - gravity?) but put 5 people in there and it looks like it would be very crowded.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:41 pm

Marriott properties near French Quarter

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Can someone clarify how the CY Iberville, the R-C, and the Saint are "connected" - I see that all 3 take up one entire city block, but can you walk freely internally from one to another? Or will you reach an internal door that says "R-C guests only beyond this point", etc.?

I also see that guests at the CY can "use" the R-C pool, but it seems that the charge is $25/day? (PP or PR?) Yikes! For such a tiny little thing! I know it's got the water feature where you feel like you're swimming (can't recall the name - gravity?) but put 5 people in there and it looks like it would be very crowded.
You cannot freely go between properties, although there is an entrance for the RC on the first floor near the valet parking for the CY. (The CY lobby, etc, are actually on the second floor, there is an elevator near the valet that takes you to the 2nd floor.)

The entrance to RC is on Canal and Iberville, CY is Iberville only and the Saint is on Canal and Burgundy.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks for the reply, but due to the late loading of dates for next year and the impending increase in points needed, I've booked a Hilton property.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this thread. Recently stayed at the RI in the NOLA warehouse district. It's a few blocks from the convention center. It's an old converted warehouse (as you might imagine) and I think they did a great job with it. We had a 2 BR/2 BA suite and it was fantastic. There was even a little extra room (really a very large walk in closet) between the 2nd BR and BA that my 4 year old actually slept in because he preferred to be away from his sister.

Anyway, the place was quite spacious. My only criticism would be that it was kind of sparsely equipped from a kitchen standpoint (no bottle opener, no kitchen knives, etc) and also the location while having some good dining nearby it was a challenge for convenience-store type things.

What I will say this hotel does that is really nice is a grocery supply run. You leave them a list of groceries you want picked up by 9 am and they are delivered to your room same-day, at no additional charge. They actually give you a copy of the receipt from the grocery store and that is all you are billed. We got back our first day and the milk was in the fridge for us, other groceries on the counter ready to roll.

If I were by myself or just with my spouse, I might go elsewhere for a better location, but for families this place is spot on a good place to stay.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I was thinking about heading down to New Orleans for a few days. Are there any decent Marriott properties where I can use my cat 1-5 certificates? Most seem to be cat 6 or above. Saw a few lower but they seem kinda far out and I don't know the area. Would I need to rent a car? Is there public transit for the properties that are further away from french quarter?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Red259
I was thinking about heading down to New Orleans for a few days. Are there any decent Marriott properties where I can use my cat 1-5 certificates? Most seem to be cat 6 or above. Saw a few lower but they seem kinda far out and I don't know the area. Would I need to rent a car? Is there public transit for the properties that are further away from french quarter?
I think the Residence Inn Downtown (St Joseph St) is the last cat 5 in the New Orleans city limits. If that's available, it's definitely the best choice. It's walkable-ish (~1 mile) to Canal St & the French Quarter, and about 4 blocks to the streetcar that runs to Canal St and to the Garden District and Uptown. It'sbeen several years since I stayed there, but remember it as nice.

If that's unavailable, then you're looking at Metairie. From there, it's over an hour via multiple buses to get downtown, or a taxi fare in the $25 range. I'd want a car, but then you're dealing with parking issues downtown, and limited on your alcohol intake.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Does anyone have an email address for special requests at the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
NOLA: Pere Marquette or FS Downtown Convention Center

Usually stay at the JW, but the Saints are at home that weekend and lots of properties are sold out. We'll be with another couple, dinner and then some minor debauchery in the Quarter (possibly even my renowned cover of "Addicted To Love" at the Cat's Meow). Choice is between these two for a Friday night stay. I know the PM is much closer to the Quarter, but I've never stayed at either. Any opinions are welcome.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dd992emo
Usually stay at the JW, but the Saints are at home that weekend and lots of properties are sold out. We'll be with another couple, dinner and then some minor debauchery in the Quarter (possibly even my renowned cover of "Addicted To Love" at the Cat's Meow). Choice is between these two for a Friday night stay. I know the PM is much closer to the Quarter, but I've never stayed at either. Any opinions are welcome.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...d-threads.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.