Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The Saint Autograph or Renaissance Arts or JW in New Orleans?

I have the option of staying in these hotels for 4 nights.
I have provisionally booked The Saint but can change.....is this the best of the 3? The JW looks rather tired on the website IMO.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Mods - Please move this thread into the appropriate existing thread ; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...hlight=orleans

OP - Please search for existing threads before posting new threads.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by kyushuman
As a newly minted Marriott Gold (Thanks to UA Gold that I had), I have zero experience with Marriott.
So, Marriott gurus, please weigh in on my choices for New Orleans for Labor Day weekend.
I'm interested in the following, in order:

1) I'm price-conscious (a teacher!) but open to the $34 more per night at the JW if it's notably better than the cheaper ones.
2) Free breakfast, even better if it's good quality
3) Free internet (are both breakfast and internet free for Marriott Gold?)
4) Lounge access/ free drinks
5) Room Upgrades
6) Location-- I have stayed at and loved the Hampton Inn DT/Convention Center, which is actually more distant than any Marriott property. Didn't love the long walk, but it was worth it for a $79/night room, with upgrades to a 1BR suite in a gorgeous renovated building.

Here are my options:

Residence Inn Downtown $127
Marriott Downtown/Conv. Center $127
Spring Hill Suites Downtown $132
Marriott New Orleans $151
CY on St. Charles $161
JW Marriott $161

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!
Ended up getting a successful Look No Further (LNF) for Spring Hill Suites for the crazy cheap rate of $275 for 3 nights incl. taxes. A distant walk but very cheap. Also succeeded on a Hilton BRG for the Hampton Inn Downtown, only a half block to Canal Street, for about $50 more after the BRG gift card.
So yes, always remember to check kayak or hotelscombined before booking in case a LNF is available.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:48 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I have the option of staying in these hotels for 4 nights.
I have provisionally booked The Saint but can change.....is this the best of the 3? The JW looks rather tired on the website IMO.
Yes it looks like the JW is tired at this point in time and in need of a renovation from the photos and reviews I have read.
I considered it this past year and passed
They still wanted a premium which is so typical of Marriott in its pricing
Much better rates around at better competing hotels nearby in and out of Quarter
I've stayed in the other two over the past few years and it really depends on your personal tastes

The Saint an Autograph Hotel by Marriott has awesome music playing in its intimate theatrical Hollywoodish boutique style lobby (think W hotels)
Hallways & Rooms are modern,dark,erotic,edgy and playful again much like the W style properties
Staff were really wonderful at The Saint.Upgrade pitiful in a nearly empty hotel for a Gold
My only issue was breakfast it was terrible no one could eat the awful food
There was no host and guests would seat themselves after standing around with only the one server and no bus boys in the dining room
The server was awesome though and she sent up a batch of homemade cookies after breakfast which we loved

The Renaissance Arts has complaints of noise and and an out of the way location otherwise liked hotel by many
I stayed at the other Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette which I perceive to be better
Satisfaction may depend on if one gets a premium positioned room (view and size)
Its more a cross between boutique hotel and regular still leaning more towards boutique
Ive also stayed in the full size Marriott and its a giant meh
I'd rather be in many other Nola hotels period.Its not a great Marriott collection presently that does Marriott proud
But if you are set on Marriott that's my two cents

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Aug 3, 2015 at 10:14 am Reason: Confused originally beween Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette and Renaissance Arts
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What about the newish Autograph Collection hotel right across the street from the Hampton Inn? Anyone stayed there?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What about the newish Autograph Collection hotel right across the street from the Hampton Inn? Anyone stayed there?
That's an AC Hotel which is different brand from Autograph Collection. Been in the lobby and terrace (which were nice), but haven't stayed in a room. Reviews point out the trolley car on Carondelet is very loud, but the trolley is currently inoperable with all the construction on Canal.

On another note, just stayed at the REN PM and very pleasant stay. My wife and I consumed about 20 bottled waters from the refreshment room during out stay....
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Here I thought AC was just an abbreviation for Autograph Collection.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Here I thought AC was just an abbreviation for Autograph Collection.
Take your pick... AC, Autograph Collection, Air Conditioning, aircraft, Admirals Clubs. The list goes on.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Yes it looks like the JW is tired at this point in time and in need of a renovation from the photos and reviews I have read.
I considered it this past year and passed
They still wanted a premium which is so typical of Marriott in its pricing
Much better rates around at better competing hotels nearby in and out of Quarter
I've stayed in the other two over the past few years and it really depends on your personal tastes

The Saint an Autograph Hotel by Marriott has awesome music playing in its intimate theatrical Hollywoodish boutique style lobby (think W hotels)
Hallways & Rooms are modern,dark,erotic,edgy and playful again much like the W style properties
Staff were really wonderful at The Saint.Upgrade pitiful in a nearly empty hotel for a Gold
My only issue was breakfast it was terrible no one could eat the awful food
There was no host and guests would seat themselves after standing around with only the one server and no bus boys in the dining room
The server was awesome though and she sent up a batch of homemade cookies after breakfast which we loved

The Renaissance Arts has complaints of noise and and an out of the way location otherwise liked hotel by many
I stayed at the other Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette which I perceive to be better
Satisfaction may depend on if one gets a premium positioned room (view and size)
Its more a cross between boutique hotel and regular still leaning more towards boutique
Ive also stayed in the full size Marriott and its a giant meh
I'd rather be in many other Nola hotels period.Its not a great Marriott collection presently that does Marriott proud
But if you are set on Marriott that's my two cents
Thanks for your thoughts ^
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
New Orleans Marriott

Currently staying here for a quick 1 night visit. Hotel is undergoing renovation but hasn't had any impact on my stay. Was given an "upgrade" to a M Club room whatever that means. Room has been updated and is well done. The M Club is large and located in the lobby. It's open 24/7 for a quick cup of coffee or soft drink. No bottled water but that's available to all at the Bell desk. IMHO morning & evening food options are very good. M Club reminds me of a European property CL's in many respects. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Construction noise, What to do?

Just helping a friend staying at the JW New Orleans.

Arrived last night and woke up to noise from ongoing remodeling.
What are their options/compensation?

When booking there was no mention of construction/remodeling.
There are notices posted at FD and property.

Ask to be moved to another MR property?...he's a MR Gold member.

Any advice appreciated from MR experts.
Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rerunree1
Just helping a friend staying at the JW New Orleans.

Arrived last night and woke up to noise from ongoing remodeling.
What are their options/compensation?

When booking there was no mention of construction/remodeling.
There are notices posted at FD and property.

Ask to be moved to another MR property?...he's a MR Gold member.

Any advice appreciated from MR experts.
Thanks!
Is it outside or inside the hotel? I would just ask to be moved to a high floor away from any construction.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Looking to book a 5 night stay for new years (12/29 - 1/3). I have enough points to afford the following hotels (not quite enough for the ritz at this moment) - and they are all available but I feel need to be booked soon.

-CY Downtown/Iberville
-The Saint Hotel (Autograph Collection)
-AC Hotel (not to be confused with Autograph Collection)
-JWM
-New Orleans Marriott
-Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

Thoughts? I'm torn between The Saint, the JW, and the Renaissance, and I usually do like Autograph Collection hotels because of the uniqueness, but the reviews seem to be mixed, and it has the worst location (edit: I see the CY is right next to it too, so there is no reason to stay there - I'll probably eliminate that from my list).

*I grew up in Louisiana so I'm very familiar with the city.

Last edited by rdurlabhji; Sep 8, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Looking to book a 5 night stay for new years (12/29 - 1/3). I have enough points to afford the following hotels (not quite enough for the ritz at this moment) - and they are all available but I feel need to be booked soon.

-CY Downtown/Iberville
-The Saint Hotel (Autograph Collection)
-AC Hotel (not to be confused with Autograph Collection)
-JWM
-New Orleans Marriott
-Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

Thoughts? I'm torn between The Saint, the JW, and the Renaissance, and I usually do like Autograph Collection hotels because of the uniqueness, but the reviews seem to be mixed, and it has the worst location (edit: I see the CY is right next to it too, so there is no reason to stay there - I'll probably eliminate that from my list).

*I grew up in Louisiana so I'm very familiar with the city.
Wanted to bump this up for some advice. I have points rooms booked at The Saint and the Ren Arts. They cost the same, so any advice as to which way to go? In town for New Years festivities, activities will mostly include eating and drinking, which is why I'm leaning towards The Saint (for location). The JW is unfortunately now unavailable with points.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Wanted to bump this up for some advice. I have points rooms booked at The Saint and the Ren Arts. They cost the same, so any advice as to which way to go? In town for New Years festivities, activities will mostly include eating and drinking, which is why I'm leaning towards The Saint (for location). The JW is unfortunately now unavailable with points.
The Saint for the reason you stated: the location. I would actually do the CY Iberville over the Saint if you can get that. Fewer points, better hotel, virtually same location.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.