Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, we did have a river view. Floor 16. Decent sized room.

Husband is plat and was attending a conference in the hotel, his non-status colleague paid for M club access and got floor 34.

Sharon sorry I did nothe notice if M Club has evening snacks on weekends. The hours are posted as 24/7.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Yes, we did have a river view. Floor 16. Decent sized room.
Fifteen years ago, I moved into a position that required extensive travel. For fifteen years, through two companies, Marriott has been my primary hotel chain. My very first trip was to NO, where I stayed in that Marriott. During that first stay, having no status or history with Marriott, I was given one of the smaller rooms, closer to the elevator. There was a bed, a dresser and a desk, with no room to walk. The bathroom was tiny, as was the door to the room.

The next year, I was gold and got one of the rooms towards the end of the hall with the water view. The year after, I was given the small room again. When I was checking out (which I did back then) someone at the hotel told me to call before my stay and ask for the larger room. Since then, I've been Plat, PP and/or LTP and have always been given one of the larger rooms without having to ask. Also, if you can see the water, you are in the better of the two towers.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ritz Carlton NOLA

http://news.marriott.com/2016/10/une...new-orleans-2/

"For a city well known for its Creole cuisine, distinctive jazz scene, and southern charm, guests of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans are enlightened to an unexpected part of the destination – late-night bowfishing. In partnership with After Hours Bowfishing, a local charter company, The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans offers an exclusive experience for guests looking for adventure and an alternative experience in the Crescent City.

Available to all levels of experience, from the advanced fisherman looking for a new thrill to a beginner wanting to make life-long memories, participants use special bows arranged to fish under the cover of darkness. With late night bowfishing being exclusive to the state of Louisiana, guests will have a unique New Orleans experience with the ability to catch a variety of game fish including red fish, black drum, sheep head, alligator gar, catfish and flounder. Fresh catches can be stored in the hotel freezer until guests depart, or to complete the New Orleans experience, allow the culinary experts at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans to prepare the evening’s catch for dinner in M Bistro.

Open year-round, guests of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans can book the unique experience through the concierge on property or prior to arrival. Trips last for approximately four to five hours with a maximum of six people on each boat."

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:54 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Q&C HoteBar New Orleans on Camp Street?

I am going back and forth between renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette and Q&C HoteBar New Orleans for a stay in early March.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by johndunn2
Has anyone stayed at the Q&C HoteBar New Orleans on Camp Street?

I am going back and forth between renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette and Q&C HoteBar New Orleans for a stay in early March.
If you stay at the Q&C, please do a trip report in the property thread. It would be the first one we've had. Thx!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...light=HotelBar

Cheers.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Advice needed for October stay. Planning to come to New Orleans for four nights for the Ponderosa Stomp. This year the daytime events are at the Ace Hotel near Lafayette Square. If we stay someplace expensive we will use points for all four nights (frustrating, given that the fifth night would be free). If we stay someplace cheaper, we'll do Wednesday and Thursday for cash and Friday and Saturday for points.

The closest properties to the Ace are Q & C (Autograph) and the newish Fairfield Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area. The Renaissance Arts Warehouse District is also a short walk away. We would also consider staying further from the Ace Hotel and closer to good food options.

Our options include:

Q & C - $304 + 80k points
Fairfield Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area - 120k points
The Renaissance Arts Warehouse District - 160k points
Courtyard French Quarter/Iberville - $254 + 70k points
JW - 160k points
The Saint - $340 + 80k points

Advice welcome.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Advice needed for October stay. Planning to come to New Orleans for four nights for the Ponderosa Stomp. This year the daytime events are at the Ace Hotel near Lafayette Square. If we stay someplace expensive we will use points for all four nights (frustrating, given that the fifth night would be free). If we stay someplace cheaper, we'll do Wednesday and Thursday for cash and Friday and Saturday for points.

The closest properties to the Ace are Q & C (Autograph) and the newish Fairfield Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area. The Renaissance Arts Warehouse District is also a short walk away. We would also consider staying further from the Ace Hotel and closer to good food options.

Our options include:

Q & C - $304 + 80k points
Fairfield Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area - 120k points
The Renaissance Arts Warehouse District - 160k points
Courtyard French Quarter/Iberville - $254 + 70k points
JW - 160k points
The Saint - $340 + 80k points

Advice welcome.
Since I'm primarily Starwood, I can't help you on all of your options but I have stayed at the JW. For the cost of the JW, you can stay next door at the Sheraton New Orleans for an equivalent cost of 120,000 Marriott points for either four or five nights. I've stayed at both and prefer the Sheraton.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
Since I'm primarily Starwood, I can't help you on all of your options but I have stayed at the JW. For the cost of the JW, you can stay next door at the Sheraton New Orleans for an equivalent cost of 120,000 Marriott points for either four or five nights. I've stayed at both and prefer the Sheraton.
Thanks for the tip. Are there any other Starwood Properties I should consider?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Thanks for the tip. Are there any other Starwood Properties I should consider?
The Westin Canal Place is good (in the mall across from Harrah's). If you are into W's, there is the W French Quarter but the rooms are small. I've not stayed at the Four Points or LeMeridien since it was re-flagged.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Which hotel?

Going for a two night stay in a few weeks, booking with points. Any recommendations on which hotel to book would be very appreciated! I've read through a lot of this thread, but most posts are fairly old so thought I'd post again just in case folks have stayed at any of these locations recently.

MOXY: 60k
Fairfield Inn & Suits FQ: 60k
Renaissance Pere Marquette: 80k
CY Iberville: 70k
Ritz: 100k
The Saint: 80k
JW: 80k

Thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by kar0815
Going for a two night stay in a few weeks, booking with points. Any recommendations on which hotel to book would be very appreciated! I've read through a lot of this thread, but most posts are fairly old so thought I'd post again just in case folks have stayed at any of these locations recently.

Thank you!
Will you have a car? Where in NOLA do you want to visit?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by kar0815

Thank you!
Welcome to FT...

If you're staying on points, transfer Rewards points to SPG and try the Sheraton New Orleans or The Westin New Orleans Canal Place. For a two-night stay, each of those would cost 60K equivalent Marriott Rewards points. The Sheraton is located next door to the JW on Canal Street.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LadyShiva
Will you have a car? Where in NOLA do you want to visit?
No car. It'll be my first time in NOLA, so I'm very open to suggestions, but planning on walking around a lot - the French Quarter/Frenchmen Street/Garden District/Bourbon St. (just to experience it once)/etc., and see where the days take me. No set plans yet - I'm just planning on playing it by ear. I love food and music, so I'm excited to just explore.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Welcome to FT...

If you're staying on points, transfer Rewards points to SPG and try the Sheraton New Orleans or The Westin New Orleans Canal Place. For a two-night stay, each of those would cost 60K equivalent Marriott Rewards points. The Sheraton is located next door to the JW on Canal Street.
Thank you! This forum is full of useful information... I should have joined earlier!

Great suggestion on transferring points to SPG - I've been meaning to link my accounts and haven't gotten around to it, but this is the perfect time to do so. Thanks for your input!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:15 pm
Suspended

2 Night weekday stay in NO during early September....what do you recommend?? The Marriott or the JW???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.