Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dd992emo
CY Iberville now shows up as a Cat 5 on the Marriott website. Looks like Oct 18 is the first bookable night.
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by dd992emo
CY Iberville now shows up as a Cat 5 on the Marriott website. Looks like Oct 18 is the first bookable night.
Looking forward to the first reviews. A decent Cat 5 in NOLA might change my plans to cancel my MR Visa.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis First
Courtyard New Orleans Iberville or Courtyard New Orleans Near the French Quarter

Hi All,

Looking at Courtyards in New Orleans and was wondering which you guys thought was better: Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville or Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter?

I am going for a bachelor party if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ben
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, USAirways Gold
French Quarter - gives you some space from the action when you need a rest.

Last edited by DCA13; Oct 19, 2012 at 9:40 am Reason: Thought you were talking about biloxi iberville..
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Iberville

The Iberville location just went through a full renovation as it was the old Iberville Suites. Rooms should be a bit larger here, and you do have access to fitness, pool, and spa facilities at the Ritz next door since this property doesn't have these.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
for a bachelor party, hands down, French Quarter, but why are you limiting the choices to CYs??

Originally Posted by stlhoosier
Hi All,

Looking at Courtyards in New Orleans and was wondering which you guys thought was better: Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville or Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter?

I am going for a bachelor party if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ben
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC Iberville is in the French Quarter, but it's near the "top" of the French Quarter (far from the river) just off of Canal Street. This is a quiet almost residential neighborhood, lovely and very pleasant, but not part of the wild New Orleans bar experience. I can't picture where the other Courtyard is located, but "near" the French Quarter sounds suspicious to me.

There's a big Marriott on Canal, right on the boundary of the French Quarter, which is very close to Bourbon Street and it's raunchiness.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
just to clarify, the CY Iberville is a brand-new Marriott property (was a hotel before, but not a Marriott) on Iberville St. which is in the French Quarter, right off of Bourbon St. and very much in the thick of the action.. the CY 'near' the French Quarter is very close to the Iberville property, maybe a couple blocks away, the reason it's called 'near' the Quarter is because it's literally right across Canal St. on the border of the Quarter and the Central Business District.. I've stayed there and it's fine.. Incidentally, the Marriott and JW Marriott are directly across the street from each other; there is virtually no difference in location between the Marriott, the JW, the CY FQ and CY Iberville.. My personal preference is to stay at the CY Warehouse/Arts District/Convention Ctr on Julia St.-- you're about a 10 min walk from the Quarter, but removed from all the craziness when it's time to rest up.. plus it's a beautiful, unique property with great rooms/suites and a friendly staff.. All that said, if it's a bachelor party then ya'll might never want to leave the craziness.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
As best I rememeber, the CY "near" French Qtr has a good number of rooms whose windows just overlook an interior atrium rather than the streets outside.....the interior atrium does not open to the lobby, so these inside rooms stay rather quiet and dark.....which may be just right for a sleep-all-day, party-all-night visit......it worked out well when we put up the elders at the JW next door, and we stayed at this CY

Last edited by peersteve; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:39 am
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by peersteve

As best I rememeber, the CY "near" French Qtr has a good number of rooms whose windows just overlook an interior atrium rather than the streets outside.....the interior atrium does not open to the lobby, so these inside rooms stay rather quiet and dark.....which may be just right for a sleep-all-day, party-all-night visit......it worked out well when we put up the elders at the JW next door, and we stayed at this CY

yep, you're right-- most of the rooms at the CY near the Quarter overlook, or open onto, the atrium.. In all honesty, the best choice for a bachelor party would be to book a room at one of the hotels in the Quarter that have balconies overlooking Bourbon St., such as the Royal Sonesta, the Inn on Bourbon, etc.-- there's nothing better than a balcony room on Bourbon, even on a random (non-Mardi Gras) weekend.. Unfortunately Marriott does not have a property on Bourbon St. at this time.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
for a bachelor party, hands down, French Quarter, but why are you limiting the choices to CYs??
cheaper reward rates.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:29 am
Suspended

I think because they are both Cat 5's which the annual free night from the credit card would buy.

Also, the Renaissance Pere Marquette is near the CY near the FQ.

I, myself, would choose the CY Iberville as it has to have larger room being an all suite property and since it was and still is "connected" in some shape and fashion literallly and figuratively to the Ritz, I would think it a cut above the other CY that is a Cat 5.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Iberville is the better hotel. The Iberville Suites are attached to the Ritz Carlton and next door to the Saint. The nicest Marriott properties in New Orleans are (in order in my opinion) the Ritz Carlton, The Saint, The Renaissance Arts (Warehouse District), The JW, The Renassiance Pere Marquette... Neither of these courtyards are remotely as nice as any of the above. The Renassiance Arts may be the secret gem in the list though. Great location, about a 5 minute walk to the quarter, and in the midde of the Warehouse District...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:36 am

I stayed at the Springhill Suites downtown with 6 friends last year for a football weekend and it was great. One of the floors has access to a central courtyard from the guest rooms that is awesome for lounging around having a drink.

I'm platinum and they were happy to get us both rooms on the courtyard level. 10 minutes to the French Quarter and free wifi and breakfast as well.

Something to consider...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
SS provides breakfast to all guests .......... it was not provided to you because you're plat..........

Originally Posted by bcard74
I stayed at the Springhill Suites downtown with 6 friends last year for a football weekend and it was great. One of the floors has access to a central courtyard from the guest rooms that is awesome for lounging around having a drink.
I'm platinum and they were happy to get us both rooms on the courtyard level. 10 minutes to the French Quarter and free wifi and breakfast as well.
Something to consider...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.