Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I've stayed at both the JW and the Marriott. The JW has a nicer lounge, with better offerings. The Marriott has a nice bar in the lobby with table service. The JW is more intimate, the Marriott can be very busy. I got a better upgrade at the Marriott (huge suite for 4 nights at the Marriott vs. a corner room at the JW!). Front Desk staff at both locations were great. Marriott just recently upgraded to 37" LCD TVs throughout the hotel.

Location for both is about the same, the JW is across the street from the Marriott. Shula's steakhouse is a plus, but you are in NOLA and there are a lot of great places to eat!

If going again, would make the decision based on price!

Regards,

RIP...
Old May 7, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Hi - any way to avoid the $33 valet parking at the JW? Alternative garages? Etc?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Best Marriott Restaurant in New Orleans

Hi there,
We're staying at the Pere Marquette in Nawlins soon and I have a Dinner for Two Certificate to use. I figured this forum is the best place to find a few folks familiar with the lay of the land for Marriott properties who could tell us their opinion as to the best restaurants associated with Marriott's hotels there.

Thanks ahead of time for any insights you can provide.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Was not impressed with the restaurant in the property on Canal street.

Frankly speaking, there are so many wonderful restaurants in MSY I would be tempted to save my cert to use in another city.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by gardener

Frankly speaking, there are so many wonderful restaurants in MSY I would be tempted to save my cert to use in another city.
+1. Try Dante's Kitchen. Our Fav
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,

+2. You're in one of the best restaurant towns anywhere. No disrespect to the local Marriott properties, but why deny yourself? Use the cert somewhere else.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I was to lazy to go out one night last time in NO and ate at the canal restaurant where I was staying. I used my bogo cert and had the lobster mac and cheese which was decent, and friend had the snapper or whatever there signature fish dish was.
Food was actually pretty good. lobster mac and cheese was so so though.
I think I really liked the gumbo, but I could be wrong and actually really hated it. So the gumbo is either really good or really bland but not average I know that.
I was especially happy with my meal because they had a clearance bin list with heavily discounted wine. I believe our bottle was marked down from 80 to 18 and was very nice especially for the money.
I would eat here again if I were staying at the hotel again.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
+3. I'm a local and could list 50 restaurants for you to eat here in New Orleans over any of the Marriott property restaurants.

That said, if you absolutely have to eat at a hotel restaurant, MiLa at the Renaissance Pere Marquette or La cote Brasserie at the Renaissance Arts are good. Shula's Steakhouse in the JW is good standard steakhouse fare, but chances are that's not what you came to New Orleans for.

Jude
Old Jun 23, 2011, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

+2

This is the last city I would use my cert in (though LAS and SFO would not be far behind)

Try the biggies: Antoines, Arnauds, Gallatois, Commanders Palace, to name a few that have never disappointed.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:52 pm

Properties in New Orleans

Hey all,

Going to a week and a half long conference/recruiting event in New Orleans. The conference will take place in the convention center. Anyone stay at any Marriott properties recently?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
I have stayed at all of them in the downtown/convention area. My top is obviously the JW on Canal. Got upgraded to the Presidential Suite (2 stories!). It was superb. Plus, you are close to all the action the French Quarter has to offer and not too far from the Convention Center.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:08 am

Any others if there the JW is sold out? I am waiting on the govt rate to be posted and hotels are going fast. Also, what elite status do you have when you got the upgrade?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: DL SM, UA 2P, US Silver, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat RA, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Of the Marriotts, I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton, JW, Courtyard, and Renaissance Arts District, and I think my favorite is the Renaissance Arts District. It's super close to the convention center, has a decent rooftop pool, which is better than that of the JW or Ritz. Plus, I really liked the breakfast there. I've stayed in 20+ properties in New Orleans, and the Renaissance is one of the top 5 for me.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Haven't stayed at the JW, so cannot say anything about it apart from that the hotel looks pretty basic based on pics on website and the lobby.

The New Orleans Marriott on Canal, I have however stayed at. And it is run down, noisy, smelly and dark. And also, for what you're getting, its pricey. Location however is excellent.

You def. need to stay at a Marriott? I have stayed 5 weeks at NOLA hotels so far this year, travelling from Norway. And there are unfortunately not many good hotels. But I have found two. One is Loft 523, which is my favorite. It is on Gravier Street, just a minute or so from Canal, and three from Bourbon.
The other hotel is International House, which is just next door.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
I've stayed at them all and the Ren Arts is my favorite. Close to the convention center and lots of good resturants close by without the crush of Burbon street. For dining try Cochon, Luke, Herbisaint and Rio Mare. All a short walk from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.