Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just had an excellent experience at the Pere Marquette.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
If it was me and the price is right; The Ritz-Carlton.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
No doubt about it: the JW Marriott on Canal. I've had excellent service and beautiful rooms there many times there over the years.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PL Member
As said above......the marriott on canal is in the french quarter, and its usually very reasonably priced and its close to all the fun you want. (I think 2 blocks from Burbon). I would say it is your best option.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Putting usual prices into the equation, the PM. If you can get a good deal on the JW or RC.

If you wind up in the FS, there are some rooms that are tiny and other rooms that are not only spacious, but have a view of the water. Make sure you get one of those.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
If it was me and the price is right; The Ritz-Carlton.
I vote the Ritz too. Good location and great property. And in New Orleans, you likely are not charging your meals to your room, so not earning points on incidentals shouldn't make a difference.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Ive stayed at the Marriott on Canal and the JW on Canal. Both are excellent hotels and in the perfect location. You cant go wrong with either property IMO.

what festival are you going to? i went to Jazzfest last year and it was amazing. Book your hotel early!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by busyexec331
No doubt about it: the JW Marriott on Canal. I've had excellent service and beautiful rooms there many times there over the years.
+1. The JW is much calmer than the Marriott across the street.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Gold, Continental Silver, Delta, Marriott Platinum Premier, SPG, Hyatt Gold
I've stayed in the Pere, the JW, and the FS Marriott. Although my room was small at the Pere, I've always received a nice room at the JW. I received an upgrade to a suite overlooking the river at the Marriott that was fantastic. Based on that, the Marriott on Canal wins.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Stayed at both. We received a great upgrade to a huge suite for a 5 night stay at the FS Marriott back in Sept when my wife was attending a conference there. The only problem is there are two towers and if you don't get a room in the tower with the CL lounge, it can be a hike through the busy lobby to get there.

Had a nice corner room during my last stay at the JW. The CL offerings at the JW beats the FS Marriott hands down. But the staff at both locations were great.

YMMV.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Just stayed at the PM for a long weekend. I wouldn't go back.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
1. Ritz
2. JW
3. Marriott
4. Pere (closest to the Superdome, though)
5. Ren Arts
6. SHS/CY Convention Center
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
1. Ritz
2. JW
3. Marriott
4. Pere (closest to the Superdome, though)
5. Ren Arts
6. SHS/CY Convention Center
That's a good ranking.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl17
What's your favorite Marriott in New Orleans? I want to attend a music festival there so I am trying to decide where I should stay. I think many of the shows will be in the Superdome but there will be other venues as well.
Never heard of any music festival with shows in the Dome -- which festival is it?

I just spent 4 days at the JW and it was great. Ritz rarely is worth the cost, and is farther away from the center of the city/Convention Center/Warehouse District than all of the other Marriott hotels.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Never heard of any music festival with shows in the Dome -- which festival is it?
Essence is in the Dome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.