Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
I'm goingto weigh in on the JW as well. Nice hotel, good location.

The have a Schulas steak house there: go to the bar and order the steak bit appetizer. It's a great deal at ~ $15.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Any restaurant suggestions would be appreciated. Restaurants do not have to be high end but just good food. Any tours that we should take?
I just love being able to ask questions to experienced and helpful people! Thanks
Probably best asked in the South (Travel) Forum; there are a number of existing threads there that I think you would find of use:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/

There's also the DiningBuzz! Forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by schuepbach
The FS Marriott on Canal is utter chaos, unless you're w/ a group of 50 people, or enjoy pushing through other groups of 50 people, I would avoid it.
+1. I've walked in there a few times: it has the frenetic feel of a crowded bus terminal. I'm sure the rooms themselves are fine, and sometimes those massive places actually have more interesting upgrades to give out to Plats, but it's a little too chaotic for me.

My Pere Marquette stay was before the hurricane. My only complaint with it was that they shut down so many services on the weekend. The restaurant only had a few basic appetizers. My rate was $99/nt. and included some extras (tours, etc.), so no complaints on price. But when the JW is only a few bucks more, go with the JW.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Yeah, I think any Garden District or zoo touring would be done in the daytime hours. I don't think I'd go wandering around there at night, although I doubt it is statistically all that unsafe. I seem to recall a bit of a blighted area between downtown and the Garden District.
Contrary to the national news reports, walking throughout the Quarter, CBD (near the Convention Center), and Marigny (Downriver of the FQ) neighborhoods is largely fine, as is St. Charles Avenue. I live in the Irish Channel, and although there are some dodgy blocks, I always feel safe. As in any city, you need to be aware of your surroundings, but as long as you're not where you shouldn't be at 3 AM, you'll be fine.

There's really no reason to rent a car as NOLA is a pretty good walking city, and there are also streetcars and cabs aplenty. In terms of tours, I'm not sure where your interests lie, but some of my favorite tours include the requisite cemetery and garden district tour, but also the haunted history tours.

Not sure where to start food-wise, but PM me with some parameters and I'll try to help.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel - "Super Small Room" Question

I've stayed at the PM Ren before for business and received a normal sized room (actually quite large). I had booked a regular rate. I enjoyed the hotel and actually preferred it to the JW which I thought was disappointing.

I am planning a personal trip to NOLA in April and noticed that the PM now advertises a Super Small Room rate for $79. Curious if anyone has stayed in the super small room and if anyone has booked that rate and been upgraded to a normal room as a plat.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
This typically is my hotel of choice in NOLA, but I get upgraded rooms more often at the JW.

A colleague had the small room on one trip, and it was pretty much just a bed with a couple feet of space around it.

Not sure the chances of getting upgraded to a normal room as a plat, but unless they have a specific policy against it, I would assume I would get a bigger room if there was one available.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I have stayed at the Pere Marquette several times, and from my experience, about half the rooms in the hotel are smaller than average size rooms in general, which I have had once, and one other time was initially assigned same and then complained about and was switched to a larger room.

All other times I've stayed at Pere Marquette, I was either assigned to average size rooms or upgraded to the more rare corner rooms which are junior suite sized. It totally depends on what the occupancy loads are on the nights you are booked, and it can be hit or miss, since that hotel has wild swings between 95-100% and 40-60% occupancy levels. Still, it is a great hotel, one of my faves.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:49 am

Thanks for the replies. I really like the hotel too. I'll probably give it a try... hard to beat $80/nt. Even if I don't get a bigger room, we won't be spending much time in it.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'll be heading to NO for a conference the first week of June and noticed the "small" room for $79 rate as well. I went ahead and grabbed one as I will be on my own dime as well. I figure if I'm not upgraded, then I have a place to sleep. If I'm upgraded, then I have a place to sleep. I'm by myself, so the extra room isn't essential for this trip. So it probably doesn't really matter that much either way (except for my ego of course. )
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
This is one of my favorite hotels, too. I've been in the small room, the larger room and the corner room. The corner room is one of my favorite rooms anywhere. The bathroom is nice, and I like how it is slightly removed from the room.

With that said, it's NO. No matter what room you're in, how much time are you spending there other than to shut your eyes. Now that I know about the small room rate, it will be my new go-to NO reservation. Thanks for sharing this info!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I don't remember the "super small room rate" being offered at all times, just at select times of low to mid occupancy, or am I wrong about that?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
You may have noticed that the rate also includes Breakfast for two, which is great for weekends as I am not sure that they comp breakfast for Platinums and the Lounge is closed.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by zacktravel
You may have noticed that the rate also includes Breakfast for two, which is great for weekends as I am not sure that they comp breakfast for Platinums and the Lounge is closed.
Right, I forgot about that. It really is a great deal. And even on when the lounge is open, the included breakfast should be a bit better.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by puddy
Right, I forgot about that. It really is a great deal. And even on when the lounge is open, the included breakfast should be a bit better.
I would hope so. Never have had breakfast at MILA. I do like the breakfast at the JW. Much better than the FS Marriott across the street.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish all hotels had a "super small room" option! All I need is a bed and a shower....120sqft should do (isn't that about the size of a small cruise cabin?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.