Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Can anyone confirm if the M Club Lounge is open on the weekend?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Can anyone confirm if the M Club Lounge is open on the weekend?
It's 24/7 and breakfast ends at 11 during the week, noon on weekends.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'm contemplating a 7 or 8 night stay with my wife in NOLA in late February (the week before Mardi Gras). I have a cat 1-4 cert from a travel package that I got pre-merger. It looks like I can use that to stay at the AC hotel or a Courtyard. Not a fan of Moxy, and the Residence Inns are a little far from the French Quarter. Are any of the cat 5 options worth the 60,000 points to upgrade? Renaissance, Marriott, Sheraton, Saint, Le Meridien, W, Westin? I also see the RC at cat 6, but I don't think I can cobble together another 120,000 points soon enough. This would be our first trip to New Orleans.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If you really want to be in the thick of the French Quarter, I would be tempted to call in and see what the points cost to get a balcony room at the 4-Pts would be. It is right on Bourbon St and with a balcony room, you can go sit out and just people watch. The 4-Pts is a Cat. 4, so your cert would work there too. Of course, you'd be staying at a 4-Pts.

BTW, I've stayed at the RI close to the convention center before. It is a fairly easy walk to the French Quarter and there are a number of good restaurants not too far from there either.
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:19 am

I'd rather not stay at a 4-Pts, I don't think that'll convince my wife that this loyalty stuff is worth it Any opinions on the cat 5's? I've looked at it again and I *think* I could make it to the cat 6 RC if I also straight up buy points. But is it worth it for that property?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
When I've gone in the past for conferences, I've usually stayed at the Marriott on Canal St. It is your basic conference hotel and worked well for me, but nothing to really wow you with. From a lot of the posts I've seen, the JW while a little better, isn't really heads and shoulders better. If you really want to wow the wife, then I'd probably try to make the RC work. It should be the most luxurious of all the Marriott/Starwood options in that area. Depending on your age, the W French Quarter might be an option, though I've read some conflicting reviews on it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:13 am

I've stayed at the W several times and it's location in the FQ is great. It's kind of funky which you would expect from a W with a pool and good bar and restaurant (Commander's Palace family). The RC is my favorite, also well located on Canal in converted department store. It has a great jazz club/bar. I haven't stayed at the Westin but it looks nice and is in a good location. It seems comparable to the flagship Marriott on Canal. There is also The Saint on Canal next to the RC. It's a category 5 Autograph collection also a little funky with a "saints and sinners" theme in rooms and bar.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by arnel
I'm contemplating a 7 or 8 night stay with my wife in NOLA in late February (the week before Mardi Gras). I have a cat 1-4 cert from a travel package that I got pre-merger. It looks like I can use that to stay at the AC hotel or a Courtyard. Not a fan of Moxy, and the Residence Inns are a little far from the French Quarter. Are any of the cat 5 options worth the 60,000 points to upgrade? Renaissance, Marriott, Sheraton, Saint, Le Meridien, W, Westin? I also see the RC at cat 6, but I don't think I can cobble together another 120,000 points soon enough. This would be our first trip to New Orleans.
Mardi Gras is March 5, but the parade season kicks into high gear starting on Friday Feb 22. If your dates include that weekend, you should definitely plan to catch some, and for that, I think the best spots to watch are along St Charles, uptown of the expressway (less crowded, more trees and less pavement, more locals and fewer tourists). I'm mentioning that because for those areas, you may find the warehouse district hotels more convenient than the ones on Canal St or in the Quarter.

2019 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule | Mardi Gras New Orleans
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by swag
Mardi Gras is March 5, but the parade season kicks into high gear starting on Friday Feb 22. If your dates include that weekend, you should definitely plan to catch some, and for that, I think the best spots to watch are along St Charles, uptown of the expressway (less crowded, more trees and less pavement, more locals and fewer tourists). I'm mentioning that because for those areas, you may find the warehouse district hotels more convenient than the ones on Canal St or in the Quarter.

2019 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule Mardi Gras New Orleans
Good point - in the link Swag posted you can buy grandstand tickets (reserved bleachers with bathroom access) to parades as well (St. Charles Ave. in CBD).
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:51 am

I'm planning my first trip to NOLA for the week between Christmas and new year. I've never been before, but I expect I'll want to be in the French Quarter and close to all the things tourists/newcomers traditionally do. I have a 5 night cat 1-4 cert, but am considering calling in and trying to get it upgraded to a cat 5. Any suggestions on where to stay? Free breakfast everyday would be very good too (I'm plat50), thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Heading to New Orleans for a conference at the Convention Center next month. Have the following in policy options:

Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel
The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Le Meridien New Orleans
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention
SpringHill Suites Downtown/Conv Center
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon/French Qtr
The Saint Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Q&C New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown

The Renaissance and Westin pop out as first choices but seem to have mixed reviews. Wouldn't mind a lounge if they serve comp alcohol but otherwise just looking for somewhere that has a relatively big room and decent Platinum recognition -- walking distance to the convention center wouldn't hurt but I can Lyft/Uber if needed
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:04 pm

The Saint has funky decor (might or might not be appealing) but has great location on Canal right next to the RC. The Westin also has a great location further down (toward river) Canal.
Q&C looks nice and has been redone. It's in the CBD. The Renaissance has a good CBD location but I haven't been inside in a few years. I'm not familiar with the convention center hotels but I would
recommend being in the Quarter or CBD.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Duke787
Heading to New Orleans for a conference at the Convention Center next month. Have the following in policy options:

Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel
The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Le Meridien New Orleans
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention
SpringHill Suites Downtown/Conv Center
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon/French Qtr
The Saint Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Q&C New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown

The Renaissance and Westin pop out as first choices but seem to have mixed reviews. Wouldn't mind a lounge if they serve comp alcohol but otherwise just looking for somewhere that has a relatively big room and decent Platinum recognition -- walking distance to the convention center wouldn't hurt but I can Lyft/Uber if needed
Originally Posted by danbnash
The Saint has funky decor (might or might not be appealing) but has great location on Canal right next to the RC. The Westin also has a great location further down (toward river) Canal.
Q&C looks nice and has been redone. It's in the CBD. The Renaissance has a good CBD location but I haven't been inside in a few years. I'm not familiar with the convention center hotels but I would
recommend being in the Quarter or CBD.
I agree with danbnash, you will want to be in the French Quarter or CBD area. And there is not going to be free alcohol in any of the hotel lounges in NOLA. I'm more familiar with the Starwood properties and of the top two you listed, I would choose the Westin over Le Meridien.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is the Renaissance warehouse district in policy for you? Good rooms and good chances for upgrades and some interesting places nearby. They don't have a lounge, just an 'elite room' with water, coffee machine, tea and a few snacks. Restaurant on site is quite good. Within walking distance of both the convention center and the quarter, although closer to the convention center.

Q&C is a cool old building, although some of the rooms are tiny if you don't book a larger one or get an upgrade if they are full. No lounge, but comp breakfast from the menu. A lot of character if you're looking for something different.

Renaissance Pere Marquette is close to the quarter, but is a bit of a walk to the convention center. No lounge but they offer comp breakfast buffet and they used to have an evening menu at the bar where plats can pick a couple decent complimentary apps during happy hour. Also has an 'elite room' with water/snacks etc.

The courtyard and springhill are more of your typical convention hotels so nothing special.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
sheraton??

So I have been to NOLA a few times for work. Usually at the Hilton in the past. Wife has never been. She will want to gamble, food and a little of the quarter. I have a decent C/P rate at the Sheraton, but never stayed there. Lounge is a plus for us. We are going Tu-Sat so it is a decent availability for mid day snacks

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.