Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:07 am

Thank you both!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well most of the hotels downtown are Cat 7+, and even the fairfield/courtyard are Cat6 or more. You're not going to be in the downtown area with a Cat5.

If you go across the river, there is a new CY in westbank/gretna that is Cat4. Its a couple miles outside so not bad for a taxi/uber. Other than that, its out by the airport for things under Cat5.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I just returned from a 5 night reward stay at the Marriott (555 Canal St.). The location is great and the rooms are very nice, although the bathrooms are tiny. We were upgraded to a river view, but freight trains that run beside the river woke us every night between 2-4 AM since they blow the whistle constantly while passing through the city. This may not be as noticeable on the other side of the hotel.

The M Club breakfast was very good (with a good selection of fresh fruit, pecan smoked bacon and decent beignets). The evening reception (from 5-7) varied daily but had a few local items (gumbo, mini muffulettas) as well as quesadillas, salad, cheese, etc.The rest of the day was just cookies and trail mix.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Was the M Lounge open on the weekend - aka, did it provide evening offerings on Sat/Sun night?

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update. Was the M Lounge open on the weekend - aka, did it provide evening offerings on Sat/Sun night?

Cheers.
I'm not sure. We only arrived Sunday night. It was open for coffee, etc. but I'm not sure if they had food earlier in the day.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Just back from 3 nights at the Towne Place Suites Canal Street, which is a Cat 6 and is colocated with a SHS. The 14-floor building was once office then vacant for some time, and is obviously pretty freshly renovated, and the lobby + rooftop with bar and gym in particular show it. Suites are typical for a TPS property, though the layout of mine on the 7th floor (facing toward the back of the property) doesn't look like it matches those facing Canal St.

I was able to get to the Convention Center from here in ~25 minutes walking, and once also drove in less than 10 minutes. This is a good location for being near the FQ and downtown but needing some extra space to stretch out.

Last edited by silverthief2; Apr 29, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update on TPS Canal Street. Much apreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update on TPS Canal Street. Much apreciated.

Cheers.
Happy to do it! I didn’t ask how recently it opened, but it’s certainly pretty new.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

I think the TPS may be located in the building which used to be a Radisson before Katrina. If not, it is very close
to the same location. I don’t particularly like that end of Canal since there are now permanent tent cities under the interstate and the neighborhood deteriorates in the other side of the the interstate. But, it is very close to the Super Dome and you used to be able to find some super cheap self parking options in the nearby medical center decks.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jjfab
I think the TPS may be located in the building which used to be a Radisson before Katrina. If not, it is very close
to the same location. I don’t particularly like that end of Canal since there are now permanent tent cities under the interstate and the neighborhood deteriorates in the other side of the the interstate. But, it is very close to the Super Dome and you used to be able to find some super cheap self parking options in the nearby medical center decks.
I agree that the location of TownePlace Suites on Canal is not in a location where I would feel safe walking after dark. For me, I feel safe from the river down to the 1100 block of Canal (Saenger Theatre) but not past the Saenger.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jjfab
to the same location.
Negative. It was an office building owned by the University of New Orleans, though they too vacated it after Katrina and moved those offices to their main campus.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
New Orleans Marriott vs JW Marriott, which is better?

Which is better? Points are the same. Lots of my friends are staying at the regular Marriott, but I hear their pool is closed right now. Is it worth moving? Or is there another hotel close by you'd recommend over these two?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
JW is marginally better, but they're both kind of run of the mill. Marriott is clean but can get busy during tourist season or when there are conventions in town. JW won't get as crowded.

In NO I usually get the le meridien or ritz carlton.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by oopsz
JW is marginally better, but they're both kind of run of the mill. Marriott is clean but can get busy during tourist season or when there are conventions in town. JW won't get as crowded.

In NO I usually get the le meridien or ritz carlton.
Agree: the Marriott can get crazy if there is a convention in town. its a huge property but is located close to all the touristy stuff. Rooms are standard. Lounge is good but if you are in the wrong tower, its a bit of as hike.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its too bad the Marriott is Cat5 along with the rest with the combined program. It used to be one cat lower than others in the area... but with it being the same as the JW, you might as well go for the JW. Only plus over the JW is the M-Lounge if you're interested in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.