Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
An update to this thread: Last month, I stayed at the Crystal Gateway Marriott on a 2-night stay using the M11 rate. I was able to use the EEO certificate without a problem.

I'm currently at the Gateway on the 1st of a 2 night stay at a rate of $159 per night. The first night is business-related, but the 2nd night is on me. However, I submitted another EEO certificate at check-in to one of the front desk employees. At first, she didn't think it would be accepted, but after conferring with another person, she told that it wouldn't be a problem.

Please note that the person that refused the EEO last December was one of four people on duty this afternoon. It's amazing how talking to a different employee will give you different results. Fortunately, they didn't confer with him about the EEO.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Staying at the Gateway this Thursday night...wanted to stay in DC but appears this is a good spot for DC and DCA.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:52 pm

An update to this thread: Just finished another 2-night stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott for Thursday July 19th through Saturday July 21st. I booked the room without a promo code and got a rate of $159 per night with the opportunity to receive a BB.

When I called the front desk to have them activate the internet service, they confirmed the $9.95 rate while on the phone. However, I used the Wired for Business Package service in my room, but on my folio the charge showed $5.95 per day.

I submitted an EEO certificate without a problem plus used 2 $50 BBs for this stay. My bill went from being over $350 down to around $90.

However, this is the exception to rule.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:29 pm

In addition, the meter parking directly across the street from the Gateway Hotel has gone up to 0.75 per hour or $7.50 per day (8am to 6pm M-F only). I believe the rates appear to be higher at the meters that are on the same side as the hotel (8am to 6pm Mon.--Sat.). However, compared to $18 per day under the hotel with no security, this is the better choice.

Last edited by Marcell; Apr 12, 2008 at 4:42 pm
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:08 pm

I completed a Crystal Gateway stay this past weekend. My M11 rate was $124.00 per night for 2 nights minus the EEO certificate minus a $100 BB that was applied to my folio yielded me a balance around $60 for the 2 night stay.

They ran out of BBs but the front desk employee told me that would mail it to me upon checkout.

Marcell
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Any recent update for Crystal City and Crystal Gateway?

Acknowledging that Gateway was a better place per the above posts.

Planning a short R&R in DC and searching for hotels. Read through this thread and a couple others, but did not find any recent updates (most recent post here was 7 months old) regarding these 2 properties. Specific questions:
1. CL opens on weekend? If not, any breakfast coupon?
2. Are the 2 properties really with 5-10 minutes walk (with 22" rollaboard)? I was thinking about splitting a 4 day-stay between them, just to check out both places.
3. Also want to stay at the Washington Marriott for couple of nights. Can anyone give an update please. Re: upgrade, CL, service and public transport (is FB-GWU closest Metro?).
4. Which property offers upgrades most generously or not?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
#2 is correct.

I'll let someone else answer the others as it's been a year since I was there.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
The lounges are closed. My father (gold status) stayed at CC Gateway on 2 seperate weekends over the past month or so and reported that he only got coupons for the limited cold breakfast option. When I was there this past summer I got coupons for the whole buffet - so not sure if they changed the rules or just dumb luck.

The properties are caddie-corner from each other across Route 1. Very easy walk.

Check out the M11 - bonus buck rates. Gateway was $139 or so last weekend.

When the prices are similar - I'm a fan of the location & view of the JW Marriott since it's such an easy walk to the museums and metro. Plus the CL has pretty good evening grub.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
#2 is correct.

I'll let someone else answer the others as it's been a year since I was there.

Cheers.
Thank you for the re-confirmation!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by ackpfft
The lounges are closed. .....

The properties are caddie-corner from each other across Route 1. Very easy walk.

Check out the M11 - bonus buck rates. Gateway was $139 or so last weekend.

When the prices are similar - I'm a fan of the location & view of the JW Marriott since it's such an easy walk to the museums and metro. Plus the CL has pretty good evening grub.
Thanks a bundle.
The Gateway $139 rate is great, that's what I booked at. As for the JW, the week-day rates are sky high, well into the $300+.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:26 pm

New Renovations Made

Hello,

I'm currently at the Marriott Gateway. Upon getting on the floor, I noticed changes in the hallway. Upon getting in the room, I noticed new carpet, new sofa, new marble nightstand and tv stand. The mirror was oval; the desk lamp was red with a square base. We even have a flat panel tv in the room. The picture on the tv is viewable but not exactly a clear cut picture.

I had a Jr. Suite but settled on a double room since I had my brother with me. However, I may switch to the Junior Suite, because my brother went on ahead to the room an saw that the suite had French doors separating the bedroom from the living room with 2 flat panel tvs. The front desk had indicated renovations were being made.

The Concierge Lounge is undergoing renovations and the 16th floor site is closed. However, the Concierge Lounge is available on the Lobby Floor right across from the Gift Shop. The Concierge Lounge will reopen on April 14th.

Also, I don't know if this is common across the Marriott brands, but at checkin, the assistant manager asked if I wanted the hotel gift or the points. I told her points, but is this a common occurence?

Please advise.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Marcell

I'm currently at the Marriott Gateway. Upon getting on the floor, I noticed changes in the hallway..........The front desk had indicated renovations were being made.

The Concierge Lounge is undergoing renovations and the 16th floor site is closed. However, the Concierge Lounge is available on the Lobby Floor right across from the Gift Shop. The Concierge Lounge will reopen on April 14th.

Also, I don't know if this is common across the Marriott brands, but at checkin, the assistant manager asked if I wanted the hotel gift or the points. I told her points, but is this a common occurence?

Please advise.
Have been checking out this thread in prep for an upcoming stay at this very hotel. Thanks for your sharing your stay experiences from the numerous posts. Keep them coming.
Good to learn that the hotel is being renovated. Any comments about the gym?
Answer to your question re check-in gift. My own experience when staying at MR, JW and Ren, 99% of times they would ask what would I prefer, points or a gift. In the rare event that I was not asked (can't recall when?), I gently hinted to them that I would prefer to receive points; or asked what's being offered as "Elite check-in gift". Then they will REMEMBER. This gift is not subject to someone's sudden act of generosity. It's MR policy.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell
For a Platinum member it is. For a Gold it isn't. Your profile lists you as a Marriott Gold. So either you have been bumped to Plat or possibly the front desk person got confused (thinking you were a Plat elite.)
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Missing one....

The Rosslyn (Arlington) Residence Inn is a perfect family spot. Staying there currently for a 2 weeker. New, across from the Metro and walking distance to the Courthouse and Claredon restaurant mecas. In Crystal City, the Crystal Cateway is much nicer than the Crystal City as the prior posters have noted. Both are on top of the Metro.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
For a Platinum member it is. For a Gold it isn't. Your profile lists you as a Marriott Gold. So either you have been bumped to Plat or possibly the front desk person got confused (thinking you were a Plat elite.)
You're right. I signed into Marriott Rewards last night and upon signing off, I noticed my status did change to Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.