Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The M11 code has been extended until the end of 2006 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Okay, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a quick note - don't forget that Arlington also has the Rosslyn side of town - personally, I prefer Rosslyn over the Crystal City part - unless you need to be in Crystal City, I'd recommend checking out Rosslyn - walking distance to Georgetown & not far at all to the Clarendon restaurant/bar district.

edited to add - if you end up in Crystal City, all things being equal, try staying at the Crystal Gateway - I like it better than the Crystal City hotel & for leisure (walking around the area) purposes, the Residence Inn isn't as well located as the Gateway hotel is.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:22 pm

I agree. Crystal Gateway is my favorite Marriott. It has a walkway to the Crystal City Mall. For me, the location of the hotel is convenient. About a 8-10 minute walk to Pentagon Mall.

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 8, 2006 at 1:43 pm Reason: no need to quote immediately preceding post
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
You can't forget the Key Bridge Marriott--an absolute classic with great employees (lots of service time there) and newly refurbished rooms.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:15 pm

To those that have or will stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott (Arlington, VA) in the future:

The parking rate is $16.00 per night. The parking level is underground and potentially dangerous. There is no security down there and there's no telling who's lying in wait for you. I found out that the best way to maximize savings on parking, particularly if your going up for the weekend, is to park directly across the street from the hotel at the meter. By being on the street in front of the valet and in public, you may minimize any risk. The meters are $0.50 per hour; the hours of the meter operation run from 8am to 6pm daily. So technically after 6pm daily, parking is free as well as on weekends and holidays.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:28 pm

Once, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott during check-in, I was given the opportunity to pick a prize from a box. I received a coupon for a free breakfast, but I put it back and tried again. I then received 1,000 Marriott points which I accepted. They also had chocolate chip cookies near the front desk.

Has anyone had this experience at the Gateway or any other hotel?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 8:53 pm

Once, I checked into the Crystal Gateway Marriott with the M11 code inquiring about the BBs at check-in. The man asked me for my addresss, and said they would mail it to me. I assumed they would lose it or that it wouldn't be much of a priority. Since they were supposed to give it to me, I came back later in my stay and asked another front desk employee for the BB that I never received and sure enough she gave it to me. Two-three days after I checked out, I received an envelope in mail from the Marriott hotel. I opened it and to my surprise, they actually mailed me the other BB.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 6:19 pm

I just came back from a 1 night stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia. Using the M11 code, the rate was $119.00. I went up to an Asst. Manager at the front desk and told him to apply the $50.00 Bonus Buck to my account. Without any ?, he posted it. I was able to get the 1 night stay for $69 (plus tax).

Plus, I received my regular Bonus Buck at checkout.

Once, at the Residence Inn (RI) Pentagon City Hotel, I reserved the M11 code for a 1 night stay. I was supposed to get a $50 Bonus Buck for the stay, but when I checked in the front desk agent gave me a $100 BBs.

Anyone else ever had these experiences?

Last edited by Marcell; Jan 29, 2006 at 8:42 pm
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:57 pm

Almost 2 weeks ago, I had a 2 day stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott. I used 2-$50 BBs which were accepted at the front desk again without question. The expiration date was coming up during the middle of March, so I was able to use them both.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:38 pm

Refer to my previous 3 postings. Any responses?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, WN CP
Arlington VA Marriott recommendations

Can anyone give me advice on the difference between the Crystal City Marriott and the Crystal Gateway Marriott? Which is nicer (the rates seem about the same), and which is closer to the Metro? Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:56 pm

I prefer the Marriott Crystal Gateway. The Metro station is very easily accessable and the entrance is next to the hotel registration desk. It will take around 5 minutes to reach the gates.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:29 pm

I prefer the Crystal Gateway Marriott. It's in a good location. They have an excellent staff that is usually helpful in meeting your needs. You have access to the Crystal City Mall which is accessible within the hotel across from the Starbucks coffee stand.

The Post Office is directly across the street in case you need it. Parking at the meter across the street from the hotel is basically $5.00 a day versus paying $16.00 a night under the hotel. Meter parking is from 8am to 6pm M-F; all other times is free.

If you wanted to go to the Pentagon City Mall, its just a 8-10 min. walk from the hotel.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The Crystal Gateway is definitely nicer than Crystal City. It's much newer, although hardly "new" at this point. The two hotels are roughly equidistant from the same Metro station. You can get there by walking through undergound passageways in both cases. Crystal City is often $10 a night cheaper.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.