Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2004, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by foodguy
I also agree, the Gateway is your best bet.
Absolutely! During my recent stay, as a Gold Elite I was given a small end suite. The dining room (with pool, half inside and half outside) is also very nice.

If you're staying over a Friday or Saturday night, don't forget to check for the OTP promotion.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:29 pm

Sounds unanimous

Thank you all for your comments.

I switched my reservation from the Crystal City to the Crystal Gateway and had a very pleasant stay. Indoor pool was quite nice (outdoor pool was closed due to weather). The health club was sparse but effective. the location was ideal, and the service was impeccable.

No luck with an upgrade as I'm only a Silver Elite, but I have no complaints about the room.

And to Counsellor, thanks for the advice, but the OTP promo ended September 6, 2004.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 4:20 am

Red face Oops.

Originally Posted by scorkey
And to Counsellor, thanks for the advice, but the OTP promo ended September 6, 2004.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cool

To the rest of you: Please don't forget that both Crystals have PointSavers thru Sep. 30!
Old Dec 12, 2004, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Crystal Gateway
Sat 4th Dec to Mon 6th Dec
Room 1857 ( Arlington Tower)
Junior Suite ( booked)
Rate $149 per night
MR Silver.

I arrived at 4pm and was checked in straight away. It is a small walk to the elevators to the Arlington tower and the room was on the top floor.
1857 is next to the elevators but no noise was heard.
You have the living room and the bedroom to the side (effectively a very large room).
The only complaint i might have is only 1 TV in the middle of the room so you have to turn it round after watching it from the sofa to watiching it in bed.
Water pressure fine.
Turndown service on the first night only.
With the coffee maker there were two coupons for 15%off at the Starbucks stand in the lobby ( open to 2-3pm).
Tuscany restaurant was closed but had dinner in the Terraces which was fine with good service.
The healthclub is good and the indoor pool is a little small (larger in the summer you would have the outside pool also) but is fine and open to 11pm.

Breakfast was good ( continental buffet $10, full breakfast$13 -they undercharged me for both days but i mentioned it) with a good selection of food and a made to order waffle and omellete station.
Metro and the mall is a short walk away ( the crystal gateway shops seem to close early say 6pm or so).

USA today delivered on monday.

I asked for a late check out on monday but was declined as the hotel was full ( standard time was ok though at1300hrs).

I was at L'enfant plaza on monday and intending getting the metro( 1045am) but there was a police situation at the Penatgon so no trains were running so I took a taxi on 7th street SW by the Air and Space museum ( only $7.50 to the hotel).

Room was quiet enough.

OVerall a pleasant stay and recommend the hotel.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 12, 2004 at 3:20 pm
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Courtyard Crystal City

Anyone stay here recently? How is the breakfast buffet and how is the condition of the rooms? Anyone use the in-room internet access? Work ok?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Crystal City Marriot at Regan National Airport

Does anyone have any experience at this particular Marriott. I see it is described as a "boutique" sytle hotel. I am booked there this weekend and am trying to decide if the hotel is good, bad or indifferent.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I've never stayed there but been there. I don't know where they get 'boutique' from...its sort of wierd 70's-ish. Some people on here like I, I think at least the public areas are old and tired and feel VERY out of date. The Crystal Gateway Marriott on the other side of Route 1 is MUCH nicer. This property feels like its seen better days, at least to me. But maybe the rooms are nice, I don't know.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:30 pm

Crystal Gateway Marriott

Originally Posted by rjwx2man
Does anyone have any experience at this particular Marriott. I see it is described as a "boutique" sytle hotel. I am booked there this weekend and am trying to decide if the hotel is good, bad or indifferent.
This is a nice hotel - I would not say "boutique" - I stay once a month in Crystal City - of the two Marriotts - this was the far nicer one

The other one has bad sound proofing and was noisy
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by revivaljoe
. . . I stay once a month in Crystal City - of the two Marriotts - this was the far nicer one

The other one has bad sound proofing and was noisy
Strange, I've stayed at both and found the Gateway to be slightly better overall. Maybe it's because as a Gold I usually get upgraded to a small corner suite.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:08 pm
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
I stayed at Crystal City Ronald Reagan in April. It was nice enough but I would never give it any awards. I only paid $99 a night so what do you want for that sort of price. The granola in the Cong. Lounge is great if you are there when they are open. But the room is ok. The gym is nice.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Strange, I've stayed at both and found the Gateway to be slightly better overall. Maybe it's because as a Gold I usually get upgraded to a small corner suite.
I got the same nice small suite as a plat. Gateway is nice. Neither is boutique in the manner of, say, Kimpton hotels.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Marriott-family hotels in Arlington, VA

What is the best discount code available that you all have used at either one of the following Arlington, VA properties: Residence Inn Marriott Pentagon City, Crystal Gateway Marriott (Crystal City) and the Crystal City Marriott? I am planning to visit the area soon and any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited by Marcell; Jan 6, 2006 at 9:24 pm
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
For weekend stays, the M11 rate is the best for the Crystal Gateway and Crystal City Marriotts. You get a $50 bonus buck for a one night stay and $100 bonus buck for a two night stay. If you stay Thursday and Friday night at one hotel, Thursday counts as a weekend night.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Thanks.

I'm familiar with that code.

Has anyone noticed that the Bonus Buck promotion (M11 code) that was to expire at December 31st is still available through at least February?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.