Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
As bdschobel notes, the two Marriotts are about equidistant from the Metro, with the Marriott Crystal City due south, and the Crystal Gateway northwest. Each can be reached through an underground walkway. To get to the Crystal City Marriott from Metro, turn left into the glass doors after taking the escalator up from the mezzanine level and go straight until you see the elevators on the right leading to the hotel entrance, while to get to the Crystal Gateway you would turn right, walk straight ahead, then turn left just past the Ship's Hatch store and proceed through the tunnel to the lobby. There's a lot more foot traffic between the Metro and the Crystal Gateway than between the Metro and the Marriott Crystal City. Both hotels are far from new, but the Crystal Gateway seems to be showing its age less than the Crystal City Marriott. I think that I, too, would go with the Crystal Gateway.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Hello,

I'm currently at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA. I'm Gold Status and I wanted to know if the Concierge level (16th Floor) is closed on Saturdays, am I entitled to a free breakfast coupon to eat in the restaurant, or is it just for Plat members.

Please advise.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:27 am

At check-in, I gave the front desk employee the printed certificate for the Exclusive Elite Offer (EEO) for the B1G1 free night (this is the 1st time that I've used this offer). She said it would be taken care of. However, on Saturday, I didn't receive a bill under the door but checked out my folio on tv. I was originally charged for 2 nights. As I went to the front desk to check out, I asked the employee (trainee) about the EEO offer that was supposed to be credited to my account. He didn't seem to have an answer for me. However, I had a spare printout of the EEO offer and handed it to him. After he conferred with a manager, I received the credit for 1 night's room and tax.

Fortunately for me, I had a spare copy of the EEO offer or it would have been hard to prove.

Question: When you give the EEO to the attendant at check-in, are they supposed to credit the 1st night room and taxes upfront, or do they wait until charges are generated? Please advise.

I will be sure to take multiple copies of the EEOs on future trips just ro make sure that credit is given.

Also, for future reference, comment on the previous post from June 24th.

Last edited by Marcell; Dec 29, 2006 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 26, 2006, 9:10 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell
Hello,

I'm currently at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA. I'm Gold Status and I wanted to know if the Concierge level (16th Floor) is closed on Saturdays, am I entitled to a free breakfast coupon to eat in the restaurant, or is it just for Plat members.

Please advise.
According to the "Concierge Lounges Open on Weekends" sticky thread in this forum the concierge lounge will not be open on the weekends. (Check the very first post in that thread, it is a compiled list.)

As for breakfast, in general, you would not be entitled to breakfast on the weekends whether you are a platinum or a gold. But with that said, I always ask about breakfast on the weekends when I check-in. And quite often I get them, even though I don't think they normally offer them to elites. (I think how you ask can be very helpful. ) Other than that, I don't know anything specific to this hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:50 pm

Just returned from the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA. Enjoyed my stay. Booked the M11 rate for $109 per night plus tax. I had a Marriott Free Night Certificate and redeemed it at check-in. So, in essence, I got the room for $59.50 per night.

I received a free buffet breakfast in the restaurant since the Concierge is closed on weekends, although Marriott is not entitled to give it. The guy at the front desk told me to show my MR card, although that didn't matter.

I had free parking at the hotel across the street from the Marriott. There were parking meters across the street that charge $0.50 per hour ($5.00 a day) from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Saturdays, Sundays, and holiday parking. However, there were two parking spaces across the street with no parking meter. They're directly across the street from where the cab drivers park. I eventually moved into the spot once it became available. Keep this in mind if you decide to drive in to this hotel.

Marcell
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles; American AAdvantage; Marriott Rewards; Starwood Preferred; Loews First
Crystal City Marriott: Your thoughts, please

Also, what are the odds they can upgrade me to a better room? I'm a Marriott Rewards member but I just joined; the only points I have would be through the hotel and a few Internet purchases.

What should I know about this property? Thanks. I'll be there later this week.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I haven't been there lately, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

There are two Marriotts in Crystal City, almost across the street from each other. It used to be that the Crystal Gateway (as opposed to Crystal City) was the nicer of the two properties. That may have changed, as I said, I haven't been there recently.

I've also stayed at the Ritz Carleton Pentagon City (which is less than a mile away) and the Courtyard Crystal City. I usually stay at the CY because of the free internet service. The CY was comfortable, with renovations due to be completed soon. And the times I've been there, the pricing was a bit better.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles; American AAdvantage; Marriott Rewards; Starwood Preferred; Loews First
I originally wanted to stay at the Gateway, but then when they sold out of quality rooms for the time I'd be there, I panicked and called Marriott, who told me they were indeed out of the quality rooms but that the Crystal City had some available. They were so nice to me on the phone that I booked the reservation.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although I like Gateway better, Crystal City is a perfectly fine hotel. You may even have a better chance at an UG there since Gateway seems to be a more popular hotel.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I literally live right across the street from the Gateway and can also see the Crystal City one from my balcony. Both have great Metro access right in there lobbies which is very handy. You can walk to a number of good restaurants which is convenient. I have stayed at the Gateway and it was really nice. Just a regular old room - no upgrades and I thought it was MORE than acceptable! I'm sure the Crystal City one is fine.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:48 am

I have stayed at the Crystal City Marriott quite a few times and had perfectly acceptable rooms. The staff was great.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I know they are giving the Plat Elites the two room suites.

I've been there 5-6 times in the last two months. The rooms are fine, even the non-suites.

While I've had to train the staff, they haven't pushed me to moving to the Gateway yet.

They just instituted an additional elite welcome gift (not sure how elite you have to be to get it) on top of the normal plat gift. A couple of choices or 250 points.

I believe Crystal City has better access to the bike/running path if you care about that (2 blocks from the hotel).
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:31 am

I'm traveling alone, that is why I would ask for a concierge level room, if they have one.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by budtkaboy2000
Also, what are the odds they can upgrade me to a better room? I'm a Marriott Rewards member but I just joined; the only points I have would be through the hotel and a few Internet purchases.

What should I know about this property? Thanks. I'll be there later this week.
I'm not sure I can think of anything special to tell you about this property. I've stayed there and it's nice enough. I'm only a Marriott silver and was unable to get an upgrade.

Bobi
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
4th floor is the concierge level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.