Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by airchick
I have stayed at both numerous times, CG far more but put in a 23-night stay at the CC about 2 years ago.

Both provide very good access to the Crystal City Metro station and the underground mall. The CG is closer to most of the shops & restaurants and the metro station; the CC is closer to the restaurants along Crystal City Drive.

The Crystal Gateway is closer to to the Pentagon City Mall & the Pentagon but if you are using the metro vs walking, I guess that does not matter.

The CC hotel is very cozy - the lobby is much smaller; I'm trying to remember the concierge lounge and can't conjure it up. The CG concierge lounge is ok - I've always appreciated the fact they have nice fresh fruit in the a.m. They have a great breakfast in the coffee shop free to Platinum members & guests on weekends. The CG has a huge lobby and has a large meeting/convention area so there is always the 'group of the week' milling around. It also has a Starbucks in the lobby. Both hotels have a concierge desk in the lobby. I'd say the quality of the rooms is similar - I have not stayed in a suite-type or larger room at the CC. The guest laundry at the CC was fairly dingy - while the one at CG was not much to write home about, it has been refurbished in the past year.

At the CG, I have experienced numerous issues with bandwidth availability as more guests check in on Monday night and are at the hotel during the week. Very slow - use of cable vs wireless does not make a difference. I did not have a laptop when I was at the CC so I do not know about internet speed in guest rooms.
Great intel; thanks for the response.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any recent experiences at the Ritz Pentagon City? By "recent" I mean since Ritz was more formally integrated into Marriott Rewards...

I understand that Marriott Plats aren't really guaranteed anything at Ritz but I'm interested in how the hotel rates in terms of general ambiance/feel, as well as whether they actually do anything they aren't obligated to for Marriott Plats (e.g., C-level upgrades or breakfast).

I have a choice of $139/nt. at the Ritz or any number of FS Marriotts in the DC/VA area for around $100-110.

Is it worth paying $60-80 additional over two nights, plus the value of the regular Platinum amenity at Marriott, plus 1 of the 2 days (a Friday morning) with access to a Marriott lounge for this Ritz? It's my wife and I...she would sort of appreciate it if it indeed an excellent hotel. Otherwise, we'll usually quite happy with Marriotts.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michilander
Have upcoming meetings in Crystal City. Any comparisons of the Marriott Crystal Gateway and Crystal City hotels?
Ended up staying at the Gateway. Everything was just fine. Hit the lounge at dinner one night and for breakfast and found the selections to be very nice.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Crystal Gateway - Brief Report

A short report for a recent weekend stay at this property.
· I have stayed here before
· Like the location, near Metro
· Check-in staff was detailed, thurough and friendly. He pre-processed 2 BB coupons with a credit printout for me to keep (and use at check out, if problem). Frankly, this was first time someone handled BB in such a fool-proof way like this. ^
· Received an upgrade to a corner suite on the 14th; (CL located on the 16th). Bedroom has a bay window facing the river (east); living room faces somewhat westerly. The whole suite’s shape is irregular, lack of a better word for it, but nice. ^
· 1 bath robe; no slippers; 1 small bottle of water (on second day received none )
· Room rate includes breakfast, which was good (buffet with large selection of all you would expect; plus made-to-order omlette & wafle); service is good/friendly.
· In room free wifi (thought I saw wired too)
· CL closes Friday at noon; re-opens Sunday at 5pm.
· Overall a good stay, no bad surprises. Will return again.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:26 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Received an Executive Suite at this property over the Summer. Below are some photos:

[/img]

Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Those pics look very familiar. I was upgraded to an exec suite on the 6th floor last month. Huge living room!
As up-post suggested, take the shuttle to hotel, and metro to the PC. The mall is really great and so is the food court.
Within the Crystal City Metro station complex, you will find many shops and places to eat & drink. Nearby outisde as well.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jwhuffman
I am just looking at what to expect from this location and since will be flying into DCA, would it be better to just take the metro to the hotel or the shuttle?

If metro, how would I get to this hotel from the metro?
Unless you're toting a serious amount of luggage, the Metro is fine, and very easy. One stop on the train from DCA, and then a one-block walk down Bell Street from the Crystal City station. If the weather's bad, you can also walk through an underground tunnel that leads right to the hotel's door.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
One of my favorite hotels in the chain!!

Say hello to Abby the bartender
Old May 18, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT PRM, AA EXEC PLT, DL GLD, Hertz Pres
Arlington National Cemetery, Marriott?

looking for suggestions on Marriott Properties in close proximity to Arlington National Cemetery. Taking family members, including grandparents, in August for three days, for family member service at Arlington. any suggestions?
Old May 18, 2011, 8:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Your 2 closest properties would be the Residence Inn Pentagon or the Marriott Key Bridge. I've stayed at both, prefer the Marriott Key Bridge (also the oldest Marriott still in operation and 2nd Marriott ever built).
Old May 18, 2011, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi jkjasdj,

Sorry to hear about your family's loss - I know we all do appreciate your family member's service.

I would also recommend the Key Bridge Marriott hotel as well. Depending on the how many rooms you need, it may be worth calling the hotel and attempting to arrange a discount for your group.

Sorry for your loss.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I've never been a huge fan of the Key Bridge Marriott. I've had problems with rooms a couple times when staying there and there just isn't much in the immediate area (though if you are inclined to walk just a little bit, Georgetown is across the bridge and Rosslyn is just up the hill.

Other options are the two Marriotts in Crystal City, which is 3 metro stops away from Arlington National Cemetery (if you're planing on using the Metro).
Old May 19, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am sorry for your loss. Your family member is a hero to us all.

As far as hotels near Arlington go, that all depends how far away you wish to be, because the choices are diverse. Depending on your budget, you may or may not wish to consider the Ritz Carlton Pentagon City, which is in Arlington proper, and also very close to Arlington National Cemetery, just a 3 mile, 8 minute drive.

If you wish to stay in Washington, DC proper, then you may wish to consider the Washington Marriott, which is between Dupont Circle and Georgetown, and is less than 3 miles and 11 minutes to the center of Arlington National Cemetery.

Another to consider would be the JW Marriott Washington DC, which is at Pennsylvania and 13 Street, and almost a straight shot to Arlington, less than 3 miles and 11 minutes by car to the center of Arlington.

Lastly, if you want to spend a bit less, there is the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, which is again in Arlington proper, and also less than 3 miles, and 6 minutes, to the center of Arlington National Cemetery.

Lastly, as some here have already recommended, is the Key Bridge Marriott (would not be in my top 3 choices), also directly in Arlington proper, and which is just 2 miles, and 10 minutes, to the center of Arlington National Cemetery.

All of these hotels are about 6 to 11 minutes to Arlington National Cemetery, in low traffic, of course rush hour would add a bit of time. The blue links above are to the hotel web pages, and the red links above are to Google Maps driving directions from each hotel to Arlington National Cemetery. Also, I have stayed in all of these hotels at various times in the past, and all are nice hotels.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:05 pm

Marriott Park-N-Fly Near DCA?

Is there any Marriott property near DCA that offers free parking for up to 7 days with a room stay?

I only found one FS Marriott and the rate was $339. Nothing on points either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mtcrawford
Is there any Marriott property near DCA that offers free parking for up to 7 days with a room stay?

I only found one FS Marriott and the rate was $339. Nothing on points either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Most of the DCA airport hotels offer some form of park-n-stay. Problem is that DCA "area" is 3 Metro stops to downtown DC and thus room rates are DC-like. $339 isn't considered a bad rate for DCA. Even for a 10-day trip, you can park at DCA for a whole lot less. There are several other threads about parking near DCA. All have built-in risks & costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.