Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2003, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
Gateway is a newer/nicer larger property. It's got direct access to metro. If you're trying to stay in Arlington, but not necessarily in Crystal City, check out the Key Bridge Marriott. Gateway's a little more modern, but the service at the Key Bridge is stellar. In the Crystal City area, there are several Marriotts (Courtyard, a great Residence Inn, & an Ritz, but I've never been to the Ritz or to the CY)</font>
The CY in Crystal City is a nice, newer property: at the high end as far as Courtyards go. It is located on the south end of Crystal City and isn't as convenient as the Marriotts for a Metro user (15-20 minute walk).
Old May 6, 2004, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Any recent Crystal City Marriott experiences? The rate was considerably lower than other options ($89 with AAA), so I'll be staying there next weekend.
Old May 6, 2004, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Crystal City's a fine hotel, although the Gateway's definitely newer. Haven't been there in about 8 months, but its always a good option. Don't forget about the Key Bridge Marriott too - great location. Crystal City & Gateway have a free shuttle from DCA though.

If you're in town on Thursday the 13th, join us for the DC Happy Hour at Hotel Washington!
Old May 6, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'll only be in Sat-Mon.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
If you're in town on Thursday the 13th, join us for the DC Happy Hour at Hotel Washington!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:18 pm

Seeking email address for CY Crystal City (Arlington VA)

I was trying to email this property concerning my upcoming reservation and the address I formulated below did not get delivered:

[email protected]

I wondered if anyone might have another address suggestion.

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 2:48 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Courtyards usually don't have as extensive a staffing model as full service hotels; try replacing "fom" with "gm" and see if you have better luck.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:50 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Another suggestion would be to send a fax attention to the front desk. The fax number for the Crystal City Courtyard is 703-549-7440.

Chris
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
Courtyards usually don't have as extensive a staffing model as full service hotels; try replacing "fom" with "gm" and see if you have better luck.
Thanks for this suggestion! It did the trick. Just heard back from hotel GM and he is taking care of my request.

Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:40 pm

DC Marriott - Crystal City or Crystal Gateway

It's been a while since I stayed in either of these properties. Any comments on which ones you prefer to stay in?

I need to stay in Arlington because my boss is at the Sheraton Crystal City (booked solid) and I need to be close. I'm looking for a nice restaurant and a good health club with a jacuzzi or whirlpool. Room isn't as important as long as its clean and quiet.

Anyone with recent experience?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 6:51 am

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
Probably Crystal Gateway

Both are good properties easily Metro and Washington National Airport accessible. From the meetings that I have planned and explored both hotels for, the Gateway will probably better serve your needs. It is directly connected to an underground mall complete with food court and restaurants etc... As of May, they are planning to/working on refurbishing the lobby and restaurant areas of the Gateway, so I'm not positive if they have completed that yet. Many other good restaurants within walking distance if the hotels is not yet completed.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I have stayed at both hotels countless times. Crystal Gateway is newer and nicer, in my opinion, but Crystal City is very often a bit cheaper (like $10/night less).

Bruce
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:52 pm

The Gateway is also a much larger hotel, with many more suites. I've had pretty good luck lately, as a Gold, with upgrades at the Gateway.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
As a plat, upgraded to a nice small suite at the Gateway.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:28 pm

The Gateway

Gateway is much nicer - no contest.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:08 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wingsfan
Gateway is much nicer - no contest.
I also agree, the Gateway is your best bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.