FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Arlington, VA
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:52 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell

I'm currently at the Marriott Gateway. Upon getting on the floor, I noticed changes in the hallway..........The front desk had indicated renovations were being made.

The Concierge Lounge is undergoing renovations and the 16th floor site is closed. However, the Concierge Lounge is available on the Lobby Floor right across from the Gift Shop. The Concierge Lounge will reopen on April 14th.

Also, I don't know if this is common across the Marriott brands, but at checkin, the assistant manager asked if I wanted the hotel gift or the points. I told her points, but is this a common occurence?

Please advise.
Have been checking out this thread in prep for an upcoming stay at this very hotel. Thanks for your sharing your stay experiences from the numerous posts. Keep them coming.
Good to learn that the hotel is being renovated. Any comments about the gym?
Answer to your question re check-in gift. My own experience when staying at MR, JW and Ren, 99% of times they would ask what would I prefer, points or a gift. In the rare event that I was not asked (can't recall when?), I gently hinted to them that I would prefer to receive points; or asked what's being offered as "Elite check-in gift". Then they will REMEMBER. This gift is not subject to someone's sudden act of generosity. It's MR policy.