Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:26 pm

We are headed to SR next week. My wife and I and our 3 kids. We have an ambassador as well. You mentioned that they waived a fee. Did they waive the fee of the upgrade to the 2 bedroom?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:43 pm

we get upgrade to a two bedroom villa but we are only two people, so we leave the other bedroom unused.
With 3 kids, I think the only room available for you is the two bedroom villa and you should confirm it via app at check in I believe. Otherwise I don't think any other room can fit your family of five.

Originally Posted by Brett Tanner
We are headed to SR next week. My wife and I and our 3 kids. We have an ambassador as well. You mentioned that they waived a fee. Did they waive the fee of the upgrade to the 2 bedroom?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:56 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Brett Tanner
If you’re lucky enough to get upgraded to a Royal 2 bedroom OWV, that would be lovely. But even as an Ambassador elite you cannot assume that or even remotely expect that. It depends on occupancy and on whether other paying guests or Ambassadors may be on site and in those accommodations. Even then, there is no entitlement for that big of an upgrade.

That being said, we were upgraded to the Royal OWV for our stay back in April 2016.

Of course, I also can assure you that the regular OWVs are quite spacious and still would comfortable accommodate your family. We spent much of our last day hanging in our friends’ regular OWV and it was still wonderfully comfortable with all 4 adults hanging out.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:04 pm

Planning a trip here next year on points, will be Ambassador, points will book into garden villa. Will be with wife and two kids, ages 6 and 3. It says online overwater villas have a maximum capacity of 3, wondering how much they hold to this? Our 4th will only be 3 years old, often sleeps in our bed anyways and I know the rooms are spacious. Anyone have any experience with this? Was going to try to either pay for an upgrade or hope for one as Ambassador.

Will be October next year, like to take our annual family trip during the fall when it’s slow. Have experienced both beach and overwater villas at Conrad Maldives.

Last edited by Dsm1012; Sep 27, 2019 at 5:11 pm
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:25 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dsm1012
Planning a trip here next year on points, will be Ambassador, points will book into garden villa. Will be with wife and two kids, ages 6 and 3. It says online overwater villas have a maximum capacity of 3, wondering how much they hold to this? Our 4th will only be 3 years old, often sleeps in our bed anyways and I know the rooms are spacious. Anyone have any experience with this? Was going to try to either pay for an upgrade or hope for one as Ambassador.

Will be October next year, like to take our annual family trip during the fall when it’s slow. Have experienced both beach and overwater villas at Conrad Maldives.
Fantastic...and congrats on achieving Ambassador! I’d ask your Ambassador to ask, but I’d expect the hotel will make sure you’ll be fine well in advance. As I said previously, we can’t expect big upgrades unless occupancy here is lower, but the hotel certainly has a good record for elite recognition—and Ambassador recognition in particular. And your Ambassador also can help negotiate paid upgrades for you, as well.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d definitely negotiate the upgrade in advance if you really want it. I asked my Ambassador to really push for recognition on a stay there this year and in two stays I managed a pseudo-upgrade on one and nothing on the other despite reasonably low occupancy (I think it was 50% one day, 60%ish the next).
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:46 am

Anyone stay recently who was able to transfer from Vaitape to St Regis - in lieu of taking the direct airport boat? I believe there is a shuttle stop at Robert Wan Pontoon - has anyone used this method to go from Airport - Vaitape - St Regis?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Cactrot
Yes, you can arrange pick up at STR port on Vaitape for 25 (maybe 30) / person. I contacted StR from Ihg Thalasso. Through emails seem to always be the typical boat transfer rate.

Here are the options that I know of.
Typical 13500 xpf / person email arrangement from BOB airport.

Arrange a time to take the non free shuttle from Vaitape St Regis port to StR for about 25 USD/ person.

Arrange a spot on the free shuttle at 2pm from Vaitape St. Regis port. This is limited to around 22 people. This also depends on how many people scheduled to take the lunch free shuttle. So if 22 people decide to come to Vaitape for lunch, the shuttle should be filled going back.

For people staying at Thalasso, the rate is 70 USD for two people from IHG Thalasso to StR. StR will arrange a time with you to pick you up from Thalasso.

I called StR from Bora Bora to get those quotes. Email always seemed to be the 13500 xpf rate. Long time reader of FT. Hope my first post helps someone.

This is good info. On TA people are saying STR charged them $270 from IC Thalasso, which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price - I certainly hope it is $70 and not $270! Otherwise, I'll head to the mainland and maybe do a lunch there to make it worth the longer trip.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
This is good info. On TA people are saying STR charged them $270 from IC Thalasso, which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price - I certainly hope it is $70 and not $270! Otherwise, I'll head to the mainland and maybe do a lunch there to make it worth the longer trip.
Or you could get a quote from these guys.

Lagoon Service, THE BEST excursions in BORA BORA. Book a tour NOW!

TD
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Or you could get a quote from these guys.

Lagoon Service, THE BEST excursions in BORA BORA. Book a tour NOW!

TD
I was quoted 3500 xpf pp, which isn't horrible I suppose. Still hurts since you could practically swim the distance!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by tylerc
I was quoted 3500 xpf pp, which isn't horrible I suppose. Still hurts since you could practically swim the distance!
Swim the distance to Thalasso? I had to attach myself with a rope to my ladder at the STR to keep myself from being swept under the villa. The currents get pretty wild over there.

3500 XPF is a good deal. $270 is aggressive.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Contact email address?

Does anyone have an email address for the property to contact them ahead of our stay?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
After 3 nights at Thalasso, STR picked us up for $70 for both of us. Here now, and was lucky to be upgraded from our booked reefside to superior overwater. Will provide some comparison between Thalasso and STR after our trip, even though I'm sure it has been discussed many times .
Traveler Dave and ndvheller like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
After 3 nights at Thalasso, STR picked us up for $70 for both of us. Here now, and was lucky to be upgraded from our booked reefside to superior overwater. Will provide some comparison between Thalasso and STR after our trip, even though I'm sure it has been discussed many times .
Nice! Will be doing the same, 3 nights Thalasso and then on to STR for the remainder next month.

Did you happen to notice if you were upgraded in advance?

Did you happen to ask Thalasso for a quote as well?

Is the STR shuttle still free to go to town? Thalasso tells me EVERY RESORT now charges for the shuttle to town, even before dinner hours (I guess to make it seem like they aren't being the bad guys??)
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
We were wringing our hands for a bit after the STR was booked...based on reports that the hotel upgraded in advance and would show on the app. Inventory was variable on the nights we were staying (checking every day), booked a month out. We found out the morning of that we were upgraded...it is also high occupancy time for both Thalasso and STR.

We never asked Thalasso for a quote - based on reviews that we read, STR was the cheapest.

True that Thalasso now charges for every transfer (the previous 3 stays, they did not). Way to get around it is to rent the Twizle (electric 2-person car, cramped...) for 110k XPF ($110) and it will include your transfer back and forth. 4 hours with the car and pretty cool way to get around. Very limited storage, no AC, no windows...but nice breeze as you drive.

STR does not charge for their shuttles, but there aren't many of them scheduled. I think they are shared with staff sometimes, which is fine too...we are taking a staff shuttle back after one of our excursions. I don't think they have any scheduled shuttles to allow people to eat dinner on the main island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.