Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Wow, I'm guessing it's going to be quite difficult to get such a certificate from any reputable doctor. It sounds like the way a Caribbean island recently asked me to present evidence that I was not married.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:25 am

All award availability is gone?

I was looking to move our Summer trip to later this year. When I first looked March-May had most nights open to points. June on had zero days available. Now I currently see no points nights for the next year.

TD

UPDATE: And now they are all back....

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Mar 17, 2020 at 10:52 am
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:49 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Now it's not only the medical certificate which is required, but also self-quarantine.

Where does this have to take place?

"On arrival, mandatory health screening will be carried out for all passengers and all passengers will be directed to self-quarantine for 14 days in French Polynesia."
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:55 pm

News just got MUCH worse....

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

https://thepointsguy.com/news/youll-...and-bora-bora/

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Mar 17, 2020 at 10:13 pm
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
That's what I suspected, the 14 days must be in Tahiti and it cannot be in Bora Bora. It makes it undoable to go to BB for the moment.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
That's what I suspected, the 14 days must be in Tahiti and it cannot be in Bora Bora. It makes it undoable to go to BB for the moment.
How the heck do they enforce this? I don't see an update on Air Tahiti's website yet. And my guess is the regulations get extended past March 31st.

Had plans to fly into PPT on April 2nd, stay the night, then take the early morning Air Tahiti flight to BOB. 5 nights booked on points for my honeymoon. (Wedding was in January). Kinda bummed right now.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That's a pretty sensible precaution - a lot more than the "clean bill of health" stuff. Let's hope they're able to keep Covid-19 out of the islands where there aren't adequate medical facilities.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
All award availability is gone?

I was looking to move our Summer trip to later this year. When I first looked March-May had most nights open to points. June on had zero days available. Now I currently see no points nights for the next year.

TD

UPDATE: And now they are all back....
I see availability changing pretty much every day. Need to figure out when to rebook my trip. Looks like the islands are shutting down for a few weeks. United has pulled flights until May 5th. My April trip is now toast.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:24 pm

Yep it's shut down to non-residents:

AVgeeks Tahiti

@AVgeeksTahiti
Tahiti : interdiction d’accčs aux non résidents décrétée suite ŕ la détection de 2 nouveaux cas importés de COVID19. Restriction également de tous les déplacements inter îles aux seuls motifs professionnels, médicaux et familiaux impérieux
Translated from French by
Tahiti: ban on access to non-residents decreed following the detection of 2 new cases imported from COVID19. Restriction also of all inter-island travel solely for compelling professional, medical and family reasons
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:43 pm

French Polynesia is now up to 15 cases. The official government website has been updated detailing the complete travel ban for all tourists. (Been interesting to see Air Tahiti Nui's website post these notifications first).

https://www.service-public.pf/dsp/covid-19/ it's in French but Google translate function works well.

I called Marriott and was able to get my early April stay cancelled with no issues. Points back in my account in less than 5 minutes.

Used to see lots of availability for early next year and even a bit this fall. Seems like everyone has rescheduled trips and all that availability is gone. (Or Marriott has pulled it all).
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:00 pm

I just received an e-mail telling me flat out that my reservation in May is cancelled with no other option, alternative, or offer. Has anybody else received this and if so, was your reservation with points or cash?

This is in stark contrast with my reservation at Conrad also in May and the e-mail I received from them yesterday. First off, Conrad's position is that it's too early to tell for May so they have not cancelled our reservation yet, unlike St.Regis which is closing until mid June and they are hiding being immigration restrictions as their explanation, when the truth is that it is rather their own business decision to close in May. Own your decision and don't justify it based on outside parties - the country is closed to foreigners NOW, but who knows for May. Second, Conrad is proactively offering guests to rebook later in 2020 or in early 2021 as an alternative (if we want) and offering free upgrade and 300 USD resort credit if we rebook. I informed them that if the country is open in May and if airlines are in operation, we want to keep our reservation for now. St.Regis is cancelling and offers nothing.

Don't get me wrong, StR is certainly entitled to make this decision, however it is not putting them in the best light to be honest And kudos to Conrad for their much more customer-friendly approach.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, Alaska MVP
I received this same message with no offer of anything:"We hope that you and your family are safe.

Faced with, and in support of, the Government of French Polynesia’s decision to restrict air access and confine the local population at home, The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort is unable to receive guests until Monday June 15th, 2020, this date being subject to change.

As a result, your reservation is unfortunately no longer valid and is automatically cancelled.

We value your business and we would be honored to welcome you at a later date. Please do not hesitate to be in touch once you have rebooked via Marriott Bonvoy so that we can take special care of you.

We thank you for your understanding and wish you all the best at this difficult time.

Best regards,"
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by marinercowboy
Faced with, and in support of, the Government of French Polynesia’s decision to restrict air access and confine the local population at home, The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort is unable to receive guests until Monday June 15th, 2020
They are making excuses - thumbs down StR BB. Air travel and quarantine is an issue for April, not May-June, at least not yet. They should take ownership of their decision to stay closed in May-June = business decision. Don't hide behind the government. I expressed my disappointment about the handling of the situation to my ambassador and I compared with what Conrad is doing, she said she would forward my comments to the property, and they have not bothered to respond or comment.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:40 pm

Adding yet another disappointing data point. Last week I cancelled my reservation for July (booked pre-COVID at a fully refundable rate) and so I sent in a request to see when I would see my refundable deposit (in the amount of 2 nights). Got this response:Dear [___], Ia Orana from Bora Bora,

We acknowledge receipt of your cancellation via Marriott.

Your deposit is extended as a credit valid up to one year after our reopening day (June 15th which is subject to change)and we are pleased to offer the option of transferring this credit to another person while the credit remains valid.

This temporary procedure is due to the extraordinary circumstances we are subject to during this worldwide sanitary crisis and we look forward to readjusting our policies once the situation returns to normal.

We appreciate this is a time of uncertainty and acknowledge the inconvenience to you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

So apparently the new policy is that for a FULLY REFUNDABLE RATE you will not receive a refund n the deposit.
escape4 and HHQX888 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by elna_na
So apparently the new policy is that for a FULLY REFUNDABLE RATE you will not receive a refund n the deposit.
What I reported previously is that in my opinion StR BB's chosen course of action makes them look subpar relative to other hotels, but that they can do so if they desire, it's their business decision.

However your situation takes it to a completely different level. No refund of the deposit would be unacceptable for any hotel even a lowly Courtyard. To have any StR hotel (let alone BB at rates over $1k USD per night) pull such a stunt is shameful.

In your situation I would not accept this situation at all and I would escalate to get my money back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.