Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
What I reported previously is that in my opinion StR BB's chosen course of action makes them look subpar relative to other hotels, but that they can do so if they desire, it's their business decision.

However your situation takes it to a completely different level. No refund of the deposit would be unacceptable for any hotel even a lowly Courtyard. To have any StR hotel (let alone BB at rates over $1k USD per night) pull such a stunt is shameful.

In your situation I would not accept this situation at all and I would escalate to get my money back.
thank you for the support! I paid almost $4k as deposit and I am entitled my refund. Already escalated to Marriott and Chase. Will report back! Hope no one else has to deal with this situation.
escape4 and JordanWalker like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by elna_na
thank you for the support! I paid almost $4k as deposit and I am entitled my refund. Already escalated to Marriott and Chase. Will report back! Hope no one else has to deal with this situation.
I am afraid you are most likely not alone in this situation, unfortunately. Thank you for exposing their bad behavior.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:50 am

Hi guys, I have a booking in July but kind of want to extend by a day. The next day is 70k points + 70k xpf. If I make a booking for a 70k points + 70k xpf rate, is there any possibility that a reward room would open up for that date? Worse comes to worse I'll just end up paying 30k xpf more for that one day.
Old May 18, 2020, 4:29 pm

StR Bora Bora has now officially decided that they will not be opening their resort prior to August 1st. This is despite inter-island flights resuming at the end of this month and most other Bora Bora resorts planning for a first week of July restart. The real question is when will the FP government allow international guests back into the country.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
StR Bora Bora has now officially decided that they will not be opening their resort prior to August 1st. This is despite inter-island flights resuming at the end of this month and most other Bora Bora resorts planning for a first week of July restart. The real question is when will the FP government allow international guests back into the country.
Where are you and what route will get you there? FP is only one link in the chain. Depending on your Nationality/Residency, you may be excluded from entry for some time after their borders open up to international guests. It will not be, "hey world, we are open for business." The first international arrivals may be for NZ Nationals only Air Tahiti flies AKL-PPT.

James
Old May 28, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Fingers crossed our October trip doesn't get cancelled.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:42 am

Le Meridien Bora Bora will officially close now for renovations, for a period of at least 18 months.
Let's see what will happen with the ST. Regis....

More details about what will happen with the 149 employees:
https://www.tahiti-infos.com/Et-main...a_a191464.html
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:20 pm

French Polynesia is re opening for all nationalities starting July 15th

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Annoyingly, Air Tahiti website is down, as is the vast majority of VT availability on OTA's-- makes it a little tricky to book inter-island flights

EDIT-- site is up again, albeit with very limited August availability.

Last edited by ps9a; Jun 8, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by benjinito
French Polynesia is re opening for all nationalities starting July 15th

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
COVIS-19 testing will be required within 72 hours of arriving in Tahiti. Masks required during flight and recommended during your visit. Random testing 4 days after arrival. Medical insurance is mandatory.

With all that said, how do you get there? Not via New Zealand nor Australia nor Chile. Hawaii, hmmm????? Can you get to France? This is going to be an ongoing issue.

Prior to departure

• Compulsory COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test 72 hours before the departure to French Polynesia
  • Compulsory international travel insurance for every non-resident visitor traveling to French Polynesia (example; coverage provided by some credit cards used to cover the stay);
  • Travelers will have to provide a medical certificate – Specifics to be communicated
    • If the test is negative: boarding
    • If the test is positive: no boarding
  • Travelers who have tested COVID-19 positive more than 3 weeks prior to the departure and who have an immunity certificate proving their recovery are exempt from the requirements listed aboveSpecifics to be communicated.

During the flight

• Application of International Air Transport Association (IATA) sanitary measures for travel (airport procedures and procedures during the flight. Example: wearing a mask); See here for link to full guidelines.
  • Sign a statement of commitment to follow sanitary measures and self-diagnosis of symptoms;
  • Fill in an information form regarding their stay: itinerary and accommodation (e-mail contact / phone / dates of stay).

During the stay

• Wearing a mask is recommended;
  • COVID-19 test 4 days after arrival: The Ministry of Health and Prevention of French Polynesia will randomly test a panel of travelers during their stay;
  • Regular visits from a medical staff authorized by the Department of Health will be held in the accommodations and hotel establishments;
  • Application of sanitary measures during the stay;
  • Travelers’ self-diagnosis: alert the authorities by calling the local emergency operations calling center in case of fever and/or breathing difficulties;
  • If a visitor has symptoms or is declared positive:
    • Isolation in self-quarantine in the accommodation;
    • Application of the sanitary measures protocol by the Department of Health – procedures to be communicated.
James
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
COVIS-19 testing will be required within 72 hours of arriving in Tahiti. Masks required during flight and recommended during your visit. Random testing 4 days after arrival. Medical insurance is mandatory.

With all that said, how do you get there? Not via New Zealand nor Australia nor Chile. Hawaii, hmmm????? Can you get to France? This is going to be an ongoing issue.
James
Why not direct from LA on TN if you're in the US?

What i'm most interested in is how these requirements will change as the next few months go by. Guess time will tell since our crystal balls aren't doing much at the moment.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
Nonstop on United from SFO starting on 8/4
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 5:04 pm

They still need to change their flight domestic flight schedule between island like from ppt to bob to come up with tourists on coming Aug

Air tahiti has only one or two flights from ppt to bob usually have six and more flights before

I think they will change or add up more flights soon, because their government decided to open its border to all the tourists even under some regulations
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:40 am

Notice no standard availability for the garden room for any dates in August/September. Wonder if they're limiting capacity due to Covid?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Notice no standard availability for the garden room for any dates in August/September. Wonder if they're limiting capacity due to Covid?
I think it's all booked. This morning I saw 5 nights at the beginning of August, most likely due to a cancellation. They were booked shortly after. Another 5 nights in mid-August were available earlier this week. Just keep stalking - that's what I'm doing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.