Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Daily van for free, see details in my hotel review upthread
Hi escape4,

Thanks so much for your inputs. Your reviews are super useful and comprehensive! Btw, does the base garden view suite has beach/coral access? I dont mind stay at the base room but would like to snorkel at Conrad as i heard the coral there is better.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by disabuse888
Hi escape4,

Thanks so much for your inputs. Your reviews are super useful and comprehensive! Btw, does the base garden view suite has beach/coral access? I dont mind stay at the base room but would like to snorkel at Conrad as i heard the coral there is better.
If you read my reviews of the different room types in the Conrad thread, the base room at Conrad (= suite) is not a stand-alone villa like other room types, is on land and you share walls with neighbors like in regular hotels - please take a look at the resort map I posted and it will be easier to understand. I believe the base room at St.Regis is far superior than the base room at Conrad. However you are very likely to be upgraded at Conrad so I would not worry about that much. If you want a beach villa, the price you are likely to pay at St.Regis is better than Conrad, and the opposite is true if you want an overwater villa, Conrad has better value for the money. Of course it depends what you are looking for, price or views or service or hardware, etc.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2
We're in a similar situation. Saw it on the website recently that we've been upgraded to a Superior Overwater (just a lowly Platinum) and we booked Reefside/Beachside. We'll have a toddler with us and I think it would be more fun to have a private pool and beach, not to mention the safety concern of having too easy of an access to open water from an overwater bungalow.

I'm tempted to contact the resort but husband thinks I've spent entirely too much time on the phone with Marriott booking these reservations (he's not wrong), and we should just wait until we get to the hotel and see what happens.

Would be interested to know if you decide to go back to a Reefside villa and if you requested it ahead of check-in or if you were able to get one at check-in.
We managed to snag 7 nights on points in the reefside base villa for next February. I'm stoked that we managed to not have to pay any cash. I agree this villa looks awesome and the private pool would be great. We've stayed overwater once before in the Maldives and as awesome as it was, I think the beachfront was a better experience (I realize this is reefside, not beachside). That said, I would still definitely recommend everyone trying overwater at least once for a couple nights.

Of course I won't be upset if we are upgraded, but to me the big draw would be for a mountain view. That's several upgrades up from the reefside. We are Titanium, but an upgrade on an unpaid stay to a mountain view seems like a stretch. I guess I will see if and what they offer.

I will be very interested to see how you guys feel about it after you visit.

Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by mharlan100

We managed to snag 7 nights on points in the reefside base villa for next February. I'm stoked that we managed to not have to pay any cash. I agree this villa looks awesome and the private pool would be great. We've stayed overwater once before in the Maldives and as awesome as it was, I think the beachfront was a better experience (I realize this is reefside, not beachside). That said, I would still definitely recommend everyone trying overwater at least once for a couple nights.

Of course I won't be upset if we are upgraded, but to me the big draw would be for a mountain view. That's several upgrades up from the reefside. We are Titanium, but an upgrade on an unpaid stay to a mountain view seems like a stretch. I guess I will see if and what they offer.

I will be very interested to see how you guys feel about it after you visit.

We stayed a few years ago and spent our last day in one of reefside villas. From what I recall, the room had almost an identical setup to the overwater room we were in, except the living room area was longer and had an additional small sitting area right by the entrance. It also had a "yard" area off the bathroom with an outdoor shower. I thought the room itself and the private pool were very nice, and we enjoyed getting to see the other side of the island for part of a day, but I would not have enjoyed staying in that room type the entire trip. The sand area in the backyard around the pool also felt more like a dirt yard than a beach. The view was fine (there is a little wall that obstructs the view while you're swimming) and we enjoyed walking around the reefside that morning, but for us the entire experience in that area of the resort paled in comparison to staying on the other side with the beach and mountain views.

For longer stays, I would highly recommend paying to upgrade to a beachside villa or one of the overwater villas for at least part of the stay if you're unable to snag a complimentary upgrade.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Getting to StR Bora - is there an option to go to Vaitape and take their boat to the resort for a cheaper rate instead of directly from the airport?
Yes, you can arrange pick up at STR port on Vaitape for 25 (maybe 30) / person. I contacted StR from Ihg Thalasso. Through emails seem to always be the typical boat transfer rate.

Here are the options that I know of.
Typical 13500 xpf / person email arrangement from BOB airport.

Arrange a time to take the non free shuttle from Vaitape St Regis port to StR for about 25 USD/ person.

Arrange a spot on the free shuttle at 2pm from Vaitape St. Regis port. This is limited to around 22 people. This also depends on how many people scheduled to take the lunch free shuttle. So if 22 people decide to come to Vaitape for lunch, the shuttle should be filled going back.

For people staying at Thalasso, the rate is 70 USD for two people from IHG Thalasso to StR. StR will arrange a time with you to pick you up from Thalasso.

I called StR from Bora Bora to get those quotes. Email always seemed to be the 13500 xpf rate. Long time reader of FT. Hope my first post helps someone.

Last edited by Cactrot; Mar 12, 2019 at 1:08 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:47 am

Anyone experience in bringing kids to the resort? Would the over water superior villas support 2 adults and 2 small kids?
Just arrived at the resort 2 nights ago. They originally set up the couch in the living room as a bed for my son (I don’t think the couch is a pull-out sofa, as they just put a sheet over it) but we decided to have him sleep with us on the king size bed. I think everyone will fit fine if you sleep one kid on the couch and one on the king bed. The bedroom is also large enough to add a rollaway. This is besed on a deluxe over water villa. I think most of the villas are the same size. We moved to a beachside villa after a few hours and it’s the same size/setup as the deluxe.

Also, kids under 6 eat for free at the resort. There’s a kid’s menu that you can order from and they also get unlimited free ice cream, milkshakes and smoothies. There’s also a kid’s club now given 24hour notice (it’s not staffed all the time given that there aren’t many kids at the resort)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Kids

Did they give you any problems about having four occupants in the room? They are allowing us to visit their superior overwater bungalow with two kids, but said it’s a one time exception, as the max occupancy is three regardless of age.

Also, great news on the meals.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:31 am

Breakfast is free for platinum elites here?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
Did they give you any problems about having four occupants in the room? They are allowing us to visit their superior overwater bungalow with two kids, but said it’s a one time exception, as the max occupancy is three regardless of age.

Also, great news on the meals.
I only have one kid so no issue with overwater bungalow. I’m simply stating that the size of the room should fit 2 adults and 2 kids but I’m not aware that there’s a max occupancy.

Breakfast is one of the welcome amenities to choose from for platinum (the other one is 1000 points). It’s a no-brainer to choose breakfast.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2

I only have one kid so no issue with overwater bungalow. I’m simply stating that the size of the room should fit 2 adults and 2 kids but I’m not aware that there’s a max occupancy.

Breakfast is one of the welcome amenities to choose from for platinum (the other one is 1000 points). It’s a no-brainer to choose breakfast.
Breakfast extended to both guests? If me and spouse - would we both get it or just me and pay for her?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Breakfast extended to both guests? If me and spouse - would we both get it or just me and pay for her?
It should be for the Member and + 1 Guest as an amenity choice per Marriott.
beagleflyer1977 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
In the past we’ve gotten breakfast for two adults and two children. It is worth noting that, despite its large size, they have recalculated to a maximum occupancy of three people.
beagleflyer1977 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:42 am

My partner and I booked on points - we each booked one night back to back when it was 60k. I'm Platinum, and she has no status. We called in to Marriott to put her night under my name (the last night) so we'd get our free breakfast, 4pm checkout, etc. They said it can't be done, and that despite my name being on the room the last night as a "second guest" that we won't get any of my Elite benefits. Is that really correct? They said they could cancel her reservation and rebook it under mine, but of course that would now cost 85k. Does anyone know if that's the true policy or if I just got an unhelpful Marriott rep? Does anyone know if the St. Regis will give us my Platinum status perks that night anyway? Missing out on that breakfast and late checkout would be a huge bummer.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by flyertalker9
My partner and I booked on points - we each booked one night back to back when it was 60k. I'm Platinum, and she has no status. We called in to Marriott to put her night under my name (the last night) so we'd get our free breakfast, 4pm checkout, etc. They said it can't be done, and that despite my name being on the room the last night as a "second guest" that we won't get any of my Elite benefits. Is that really correct? They said they could cancel her reservation and rebook it under mine, but of course that would now cost 85k. Does anyone know if that's the true policy or if I just got an unhelpful Marriott rep? Does anyone know if the St. Regis will give us my Platinum status perks that night anyway? Missing out on that breakfast and late checkout would be a huge bummer.
The person who booked the room is the person whose status, if any, determines the benefits extended.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyertalker9
...... despite my name being on the room the last night as a "second guest" that we won't get any of my Elite benefits. Is that really correct?.....
Yes, that's correct. However, in practice, property often extends elite benefit to second guest. You need to work it out when you arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.