Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Thanks for all your comments. I do like beach villas a lot. The beach villas at the St. Regis look very nice with a beautiful view, but I don't like the look of the Reefside villa and its surrounding, at least not in Lucky's pictures. To me Bora Bora is a feast for the eyes, amazing beauty wherever you look, and the St. Regis Reefside villa doesn't seem to fall under this category. I also don't like looking at walls. Or is it just Lucky's pictures that give the wrong impression? I think his OWB pictures look much nicer than his Reefside pictures.

My booking at the Meridien has been upgraded to OWB already. So now the decision is OWB at Meridien and Thalasso, or Reefside at St. Regis. I think if I get an upgrade at the St. Regis too I'll go there, otherwise Thalasso and Meridien.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Thanks for all your comments. I do like beach villas a lot. The beach villas at the St. Regis look very nice with a beautiful view, but I don't like the look of the Reefside villa and its surrounding, at least not in Lucky's pictures. To me Bora Bora is a feast for the eyes, amazing beauty wherever you look, and the St. Regis Reefside villa doesn't seem to fall under this category. I also don't like looking at walls. Or is it just Lucky's pictures that give the wrong impression? I think his OWB pictures look much nicer than his Reefside pictures.

My booking at the Meridien has been upgraded to OWB already. So now the decision is OWB at Meridien and Thalasso, or Reefside at St. Regis. I think if I get an upgrade at the St. Regis too I'll go there, otherwise Thalasso and Meridien.
I agree. While I enjoyed the beach villa at the W, I really enjoyed the OWB at StR Bora Bora. I would be happy with a beach villa at this resort as it faces the beautiful blue water, but not the reefside one.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer

reefside, so that's facing east. yes, the beach on that side is not as nice. also, open ocean, bigger waves. people usually dont go into the water as much here. i didnt look at the villas on this side that closely, but I was walking around nearer to the staff quarters (the grey buildings you see at the far right end on the SRBB map), and the beach there can be a bit sharp and rocky. not sure whether is it the same with the patch of land in front of the land villas itself.

the nicer part is the one facing the mountains/lagoon, basically, facing west, away from the open ocean, when looking at the map. that's the part most BB photos are shot at so you see the famous blue water. the water in the open ocean definitely dont have the distinctive blue. i think the villas on this side is known as "beachside villa with pool (PLB)". if you stay there, you can walk directly out from your villa to the beach (maybe 20-30 steps).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:19 pm

Deleted

Last edited by westsai; Jul 1, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You’re going to get different responses from different people. Bearing in mind you already got hundreds of dollars of compensation just for seeing some local wildlife I’d say quit while you’re ahead.
Rifleman69 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You’re going to get different responses from different people. Bearing in mind you already got hundreds of dollars of compensation just for seeing some local wildlife I’d say quit while you’re ahead.
Yes, I am not planning to ask for anything further even before this post. But just wanted to get some opinions on how to deal with this in the future.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Note to self: see a rat for free upgrade and dinner.

One question: Is the hotel charging extra for a young child? Or is one child staying free in existing bedding?
mharlan100 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:28 pm

How are folks getting to the resort from Bora airport? Taking Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape and then to StR Bora or direct from airport? What is the cost difference?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Definitely get the airport pickup which I think is $70 a person or something. You do not want to waste a few hours at the resort for the sake of saving a round of drinks.
msp3 and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:06 pm

Seeing a rat, roach, or any other pests is a common thing, especially in a tropical place.
It is actually a difficult problem to control bc the environment is conducive for them to breed like crazy.
Just bc it's a 5 star hotel, doesnt mean these pests will somehow disappear.
I have had one of these creatures in my villa as well, and i just swiped it out with an old newspaper and threw them out to the outdoors, and got on with my life.

just get the direct airport pickup.
the roundabout way to Vaitape then to Anau port takes an extra 1.5-2h at a minimum and is saving $70 really worth that?
Anau port is also really not meant to be the official gateway for hotel guests outside of the regular StR shuttle hours as it is primarily for employees transport, or unless you were staying on the BB main island beforehand.

Last edited by gnomey; Jul 6, 2019 at 4:12 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:52 am

Does anyone know how many of the reef side villas have been renovated so far?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:20 pm

Does anyone have experience to transfer from Conrad to St Regis? I am planning to take the st regis free shuttle at 2PM but St Regis rep told me it is for stayed residence only and I either have to take a taxi to St Regis port and pay $27 per person to transfer or go back to airport and take the shuttle there, which sounds crazy to me....
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by wuzhenyu
Does anyone have experience to transfer from Conrad to St Regis? I am planning to take the st regis free shuttle at 2PM but St Regis rep told me it is for stayed residence only and I either have to take a taxi to St Regis port and pay $27 per person to transfer or go back to airport and take the shuttle there, which sounds crazy to me....
You're looking at a hassle and at least two boats if you take the free options. The Lady Pearl does a really pleasant transfer for about $200, which I thought was worth either penny. Otherwise you're looking at ~$100 a person to go via the airport or less, but with potential for a 2-3 hour trip via Vaitape.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Not the same, but I stayed at the IC Thalasso after and the transfer was scheduled by StR concierge for ~$36 each one way. Expect more for the Conrad as it is further away, but if you email the concierge they can give you an accurate price.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

Thanks for quick reply, I understand that direct transfer definitely save lots of time, my original plan is to get to Vaitape from Conrad to stock up and eat lunch, then hop on to the free shuttle to St Regis at Robert Wan at 1:30PM.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You're looking at a hassle and at least two boats if you take the free options. The Lady Pearl does a really pleasant transfer for about $200, which I thought was worth either penny. Otherwise you're looking at ~$100 a person to go via the airport or less, but with potential for a 2-3 hour trip via Vaitape.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.