Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by srk123
I was able to easily walk there and even buy a ticket on the sidewalk on the way.
Be aware of one things for SF and OAK teams - withthe new ticket procedure they don't rip the tickets when you enter - just scan them. Some people have entered (and had the tickets scanned), then left and sold the tickets to others or to scalpers who re-sell. You can't tell the ticket has been used, but when you get to the gate you will be denied entry as the ticket will show as already in the park! Beware!

Thanks for the feedback.

Bruce
Old Jun 12, 2004, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Why would someone enter the ball park with a legitimate ticket, then leave and try to resell it. He is no longer in the ball park, so what has he gained? (Sorry to stray from the original topic.)
Old Jun 12, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by srk123
Why would someone enter the ball park with a legitimate ticket, then leave and try to resell it. He is no longer in the ball park, so what has he gained? (Sorry to stray from the original topic.)
How 'bout he passes it out thru the fence to an accomplice?

Or glues it to a ball and Barry Bonds hits it into the cove where the kayakers wait?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 7:22 pm

I stayed recently at the SFO Marriott. They did not post parking to my folio. Since I left at dawn, the gate was up at the parking lot exit and no one was on duty to collect payment there. FWIW. I didn't try to duck the parking charge. It just happened.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:07 am

Marriott San Francisco Stanford Court

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? On Rewards? Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:56 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Do a search!

This hotel has been discussed and cussed in this forum many times. Do a search (upper right hand of this page) for "Stanford Court" and you will find plenty of information.

By the way, don't search for "Marriott Stanford Court" because the hotel is a Renaissance.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:36 pm

Courtyard - SF feedback

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard in SF? We've come across a steeply discounted price, and are wondering if it is worth staying in, and if it is close to Moscone Ctr.

Thankx

jofy
Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA PG/1MM
Originally Posted by jofegan
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard in SF? We've come across a steeply discounted price, and are wondering if it is worth staying in, and if it is close to Moscone Ctr.

Thankx

jofy
Have stayed at this property before. It's decent and I'd stay there again, especially if they offer a good price. Watch out for parking charges, though, if you're driving.

It's a long 3 block walk to Moscone.

Happy travels.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:37 pm

I stayed there on a comp for 1 night 2 years ago. Good hotel about 3 blocks south of Market. Only ½-mile from SBC Park if you want to go see the Giants lose. A newer property and very clean and functional, but remember, it's a Courtyard, not a full-blown Marriott, so don't expect elegance. The bed was comfortable, the shower worked fine, and the TV was full color. Don't know about Moscone Center, but the previous poster addressed that. I paid $30 for parking--the alternatives are unsecured nearby pay parking lots. A decent stay for sure.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:07 am

Parking...

Thanks for the info on the SF Courtyard. My usual routine for San Francisco is to dump the car and do it on foot, so that will be no problem.

jofegan
Old Aug 28, 2004, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jofegan
Thanks for the info on the SF Courtyard. My usual routine for San Francisco is to dump the car and do it on foot, so that will be no problem.

jofegan
I've stayed at the CY-Fisherman's Wharf and took the bus to the convention center (you could probably take a Cable Car as well).
I've also stayed at this hotel on a 6 day vacation. I stayed 3 days without a car; then I rented a car for 3 days for about $25/day so I could go to Sausalito, Wine Country, etc. There are a few rental car places next door (Hertz and other name brands) next door to this CY. I don't know if I was lucky that they had plenty of cars, so the cheap price.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I have been upgraded on the last three stays there to a suite. Very nice! But they were all short stays of 1-3 nights.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 7:25 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL USA BHM/ATL/IAH Delta PM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum, Ambassador Gold
Programs: Flyin' Elvises/ Alabama Chapter
San Francisco Marriott/ Downtown

Anyone know the e-mail address of the GM at this hotel?

My wife and I just returned from 7 wonderful days here and were treated superbly! I want to send him a note of thanks.

HIGHLY recommend this hotel and total experience!
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:57 pm

Best Cat 4 in San Francisco

What is the best Category 4 or lower Marriott chain hotel in the San Francisco area? I've never travelled there before and I'm looking to visit for leisure shortly using a free night certificate. Location to all there is to see and do is important. Thanks!

Derf
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:39 pm

The Courtyard on 2nd St is only a few blocks south of Market and easily walkable to almost everything including SBC Park if you want to see the Giants lose. Comfortable room with a full color TV. Stayed there on a freebie 2 years ago and it was well worth the money.

Last edited by srk123; Sep 29, 2004 at 1:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.