Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
A few new approvals:

Hotel Name: Hotel June, Los Angeles, a Member of Design Hotels™
Date of stay: 4 nights in October
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Spacious King City View, Guest room, 1 King, City view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $312 USD
Competing Rate: $237 USD
Actual Approved Rate: $189.60
Notes: Refundable, $18 destination fee

Hotel Name: La Maison Champs Elysées, Paris, a Member of Design Hotels™

Date of stay: 4 nights in October
Room Type: Superior Boutique, Guest room, Double, Street view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 500 EUR
Competing Rate: Marriott found $422.73, but I found $383 -- I followed up, waiting for a response
Actual Approved Rate: 314.85 Euro per night plus city tax

I'm actively looking for better rates in Honolulu, San Fransisco, Paris, Milan -- Please PM me if you're not posting but finding good rates! :-)
Old May 31, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just a DP: As Marriott only have properties in Copenhagen and not outside the capital in Denmark like in Aarhus I wanted to give Radisson a shot. Finds out Radisson have a Brg program as well with 25% off etc if successful. But oh boy that agent, yes only one, agent in India is slow in replying back. After five days of waiting I got tired and canceled both of my reservations and went with Comwell chain instead. On top of that it was plenty of emails back and forth and of course no option to call.

Marriott is not perfect but they at least have more than one agent working with their Brgs.

Last edited by joakgarp; May 31, 2022 at 6:59 am
Old May 31, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Just a DP: As Marriott only have properties in Copenhagen and not outside the capital in Denmark like in Aarhus I wanted to give Radisson a shot. Finds out Radisson have a Brg program as well with 25% off etc if successful. But oh boy that agent, yes only one, agent in India is slow in replying back. After five days of waiting I got tried and canceled both of my reservations and went with Comwell chain instead. On top of that it was plenty of emails back and forth and of course no option to call.

Marriott is not perfect but they at least have more than one agent working with their Brgs.
To Marriotts credit, they take their BRG program seriously, at lest in the sense that they categorize refundable/flexible OTA rates into one category regardless exact cancelation terms makes the program useful and not just window dressing.
The other programs seem to just want to force people to book non-refundable reservations and then let them be stuck with a non-refundable booking you do not want. The legacy SPG BRG program was not without fault, but you were never risking to be stuck with a non-fundable booking. I wonder why there is such disparity between the programs, MAR must see some value by how their BRG program is configured that the others don't see.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by X-ON
MAR must see some value by how their BRG program is configured that the others don't see.
I assume they get a larger share of direct bookings vs other chains.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by X-ON
To Marriotts credit, they take their BRG program seriously, at lest in the sense that they categorize refundable/flexible OTA rates into one category regardless exact cancelation terms makes the program useful and not just window dressing.
The other programs seem to just want to force people to book non-refundable reservations and then let them be stuck with a non-refundable booking you do not want. The legacy SPG BRG program was not without fault, but you were never risking to be stuck with a non-fundable booking. I wonder why there is such disparity between the programs, MAR must see some value by how their BRG program is configured that the others don't see.
with most nonrefundable rates, you can cancel 1-2 days after booking for free, and the brg team usually replies by then
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
BRG Form Submission does not work

Anybody having the same problem getting access denied when you try to submit your BRG form? I have tried from different computers/phones/tablets and from different networks. I have emailed the BRG team ,

The error looks like this.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.marriott.com/aries-common/v1/submitLNFForm" on this server.Reference #18.a787dd58.1654860092.2dd65c0e

Maybe the lurkers can nudge the right IT team?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:13 am

Third party comparison that are no longer approved

A couple months ago I had brgs approved using some otas. Now when I try these same otas, I get rejected with the following message:

“We have not found that a lower rate can be reserved on the comparison source listed. After extensive testing, Marriott’s Corporate Office has identified this site does not accurately display rates and availability and therefore we are unable to approve your claim.”

anybody else have this problem? I wish the wiki had an updated list of approved and unapproved sites.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Jason Shorne
A couple months ago I had brgs approved using some otas. Now when I try these same otas, I get rejected with the following message:

“We have not found that a lower rate can be reserved on the comparison source listed. After extensive testing, Marriott’s Corporate Office has identified this site does not accurately display rates and availability and therefore we are unable to approve your claim.”

anybody else have this problem? I wish the wiki had an updated list of approved and unapproved sites.
Happens all the time. OTA works until they change their mind and it’s no longer approved. Not much you can do about it except find another one.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:26 am

Is there any OTA with a higher chance to get approved?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG, Asia Miles, Skypass
Its been 3 years since my last brg approval, glad travel is back and I am able to get a new approval just like old times.

All rates shown below includes tax and service charges

Hotel Name:
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2022-11-26 / Check-out date: 2022-11-27
Room Type: King Bed
Marriott Brand Website Rate: AUD $313
Competing Rate: HKD $1628 (AUD $301.83 after exchange rate conversion)
Actual Approved Rate: AUD $226.37

Hotel Name:
Four Points by Sheraton Auckland
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2022-12-10 / Check-out date: 2022-12-11
Marriott Brand Website Rate: NZD $483.55
Competing Rate: I found HKD $2258 (NZD $453.28 after exchange rate conversion) while Marriott found NZD $361.68 which is even better
Actual Approved Rate: NZD $271.26

"Travel Plan CHANGE, Canceled the above reservation and rebooking with the following BRG claim"

Hotel Name:
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2022-12-11 / Check-out date: 2022-12-12
Marriott Brand Website Rate: NZD $283.22
Competing Rate: HKD $1313
Actual Approved Rate: NZD $198.92

Hotel Name: Hotel Name:
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2022-12-17 / Check-out date: 2022-12-18
Marriott Brand Website Rate: NZD $322.05
Competing Rate: I found NZD $277 while Marriott found NZD $249 which is even better
Actual Approved Rate: NZD $186.75
KRS, KRSW and shcboomer like this.

Last edited by a288bennie; Jun 27, 2022 at 7:23 pm Reason: Additional BRG claims added!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Question on the BRG... For example:
1. Room with a 7-day cancellation policy on Marriott.com is $100
2. Same room with 1-day cancellation policy on Marriott.com is $110
3. Same room with a 1-day cancellation policy on Hotels.com is $100. They don't offer a non-refundable rate.

I submitted a claim and Marriott is adamant that the $100 rate on Hotels.com is not eligible for the guarantee as "Marriott offers the same rate under Prepay and Save, cancellation 7 days before arrival." Am I reading it wrong or should this qualify as the $100/night at Hotels.com is comparable to the $110 rate on Marriott.com?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Question on the BRG... For example:
1. Room with a 7-day cancellation policy on Marriott.com is $100
2. Same room with 1-day cancellation policy on Marriott.com is $110
3. Same room with a 1-day cancellation policy on Hotels.com is $100. They don't offer a non-refundable rate.

I submitted a claim and Marriott is adamant that the $100 rate on Hotels.com is not eligible for the guarantee as "Marriott offers the same rate under Prepay and Save, cancellation 7 days before arrival." Am I reading it wrong or should this qualify as the $100/night at Hotels.com is comparable to the $110 rate on Marriott.com?
The problem is Marriott’s BRG policy is extremely generous on the cancellation window. You can get a BRG approved even if the OTA has a 7 day cancellation policy compared to a Marriott rate that is cancellable up to 1 day before arrival. Both rates are considered flexible.

In this case, it’s working against you.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Le Méridien Versailles - Montreal

Hotel Name: Le Méridien Versailles
Date of stay: October 2022
Nights: 6
Room Type:Classic, 1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1,670.76 CAD incl. tax / avg. 278.46 CAD per night
Competing Rate: 857 EUR incl. tax / app. 188.17 CAD per night
Actual Approved Rate: 848.45 CAD incl tax / 141.41 CAD per night incl. tax
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:51 pm

I submitted a BRG yesterday, and received a response in about 14 hours approving it, and I selected the 25% off the lower rate - however, the competing web site rate now has an even lower rate, that is still lower than the best available rate on Marriott.com

Is it better to reply to their e-mail and see if they will re-adjust the already approved BRG reservation.

Or should I make a new reservation and submit another request.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
I submitted a BRG yesterday, and received a response in about 14 hours approving it, and I selected the 25% off the lower rate - however, the competing web site rate now has an even lower rate, that is still lower than the best available rate on Marriott.com

Is it better to reply to their e-mail and see if they will re-adjust the already approved BRG reservation.

Or should I make a new reservation and submit another request.
Personally I would just make a new reservation and a new claim so you dont risk the nonapproval.
OfficeGlenn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.