Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
That's one thing I really liked about the St Regis - staff knew who you were and knew all of your preferences by the second day

not my butler there(STR)… she was stiff and reserved…
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Between the WA, the Ritz, and the St R, I would say that the St R had the least engaging staff. By a good margin. But they did remember our room number every time.
STR wasn’t the best for us. We had a Villa on the Panoramic side. We decided to walk to the mainland. None of the buggy’s greeted us along the way (avoided eye contact) and even asked if we needed a lift! It started drizzling too! In contrast, the staff at RC always greeted us and insisted on giving us lifts even though we wanted to walk.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
Any news on when the rest of the Fari islands will be done construction?
when we were there end December Capella hadn’t even started yet…
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Wentworth010
when we were there end December Capella hadn’t even started yet…
is it directly visible from the Ritz and an eye sore?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Finnair Platinum, Swiss FTL
Originally Posted by waspypants
The snorkeling off of our villa was not great and, depending on the conditions, could have some current. However, there is a dock in deep water parallel to the 2br on the lagoon side with a decent reef. We swam out there and saw several lobster, a turtle, and some rays. We recommended this reef to some other guests and one later told us he saw the same fish plus a decent sized black-tip reef shark.
I think snorkeling from the villas is probably still a while away. There was a lot of fish coming in around the lagoon villas, schools of fish hunting tiny fish for food, rays etc. Some of the highest numbered lagoon villas on the sunset side don't have that far out to areas with something other than sand, and the reef and drop off is not overly far out, but still if snorkeling is a key priority and you want to avoid having to take tours, the Ritz might still be too young. But I'd say there is potential, just wondering about the time frame....
Originally Posted by waspypants
I second this. If you're hoping to jump off of your deck onto a reef, it will be some time before the RC is there - at least on the sunset side. That said, not a long swim to the reef off of the 2-br villa (I think it's 312 on the maps) on the sunset side.

Hi all,

I would like to understand a bit better what are the options for snorkeling at the RC.

To burn my remaining Marriott points, I managed to book three separate five-night award stays over the same period (around NYE 2023) at the W, STR and RC using point advance. Before the upcoming point devaluation in March, I need to finalize the reservation for one of the three bookings.

Since the SR only had Garden Villas (without beach access) available for NYE, it is pretty much out of the picture. I strongly prefer the RC over the W for many reasons (hard product, service, privacy, food), but my girlfriend and I were hoping to do a bit of snorkeling while in the Maldives. I understand that the W has one of the best house reefs in the Maldives while the RC does not have a lot of marine life around.

I'm wondering how much worse the conditions for snorkeling at RC really are compared to the W. We wouldn't need to snorkel right in front of our villa as long as there are other spots accessible. If staying in a sunrise villa, would we be able to snorkel on the sunset side that appears to have more maritime life based on the comments above? What is the distance to the reef and drop-off from the sunrise side?

I would appreciate some hints and opinions about what might be the better choice for us.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Does anyone know which are all the villa numbers for the base villa bookable with points? (Overwater, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Ocean view)

Click here for the map with villa numbers.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by justlaz
TL;DR, the food is amazing and was certainly better than the StR Bora Bora, and to my surprise, despite having a wide diversity of restaurant, each executed at a high level. The property and room itself were amazing and the pictures simply don't do it justice, it's incredible. The service needs a lot of work and was somewhat disappointed by it in comparison to what I've read of other's experience at the StR and W, but I still highly recommend the RC especially at 400K points for rooms that easily go for $2k-4k per night, I would do it before the impending devaluation.
For points booking, will hotel charge CC right away for the seaplane ticket? or it's just a hold?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ecgz88
For points booking, will hotel charge CC right away for the seaplane ticket? or it's just a hold?
Mostly not seaplane, but speedboat. They will send you a payment link to charge your credit card when you get close to the cancellation deadline. I was asked to pay before the 21 days that was my cancellation deadline.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:29 pm

I’m back at the RC.
hotel seems more full than NYE. It’s harder to get dining reservations. Sunrise side is a lot less windy compared to 2 months back.

Last edited by Wentworth010; Feb 23, 2022 at 12:38 am Reason: Abcedf
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I’m back at the RC. No 20% discount for Ambassador Elite members. Trying to appeal now.
hotel seems more full than NYE. It’s harder to get dining reservations. Sunrise side is a lot less windy compared to 2 months back.
Appeal what? The campaign officially ended. You can go to the Bonvoy Asia website and see the participating properties. It is not like they ended it mid period, they just did not extend beyond the last period.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:37 am

Update on the sunrise villas. The wind is less strong than the NYE when I came. The pool in the sunrise side villas are not as cold. It’s actually usable. you’re getting some sun in the pool at 3pm island time as well.
The White Sea birds that use to .... in the pool seem to have migrated away as well.

Last edited by Wentworth010; Feb 23, 2022 at 2:24 am Reason: More details of stay
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:05 pm

Asked RC how much it will cost to bring a 3rd adult to OW Villa and they replied back saying it will cost $330 USD. But it's advertised as max occupancy 3, shouldn't that mean 3 people can stay and only if you go above that limit then they can start charging extra. Anyone have any experience with a 3rd adult staying at this RC resort?

We would like to inform you that we do allow 3rd adult in the Villa and it will cost USD 330 plus 23.2% government and service charge.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enishi
Asked RC how much it will cost to bring a 3rd adult to OW Villa and they replied back saying it will cost $330 USD. But it's advertised as max occupancy 3, shouldn't that mean 3 people can stay and only if you go above that limit then they can start charging extra. Anyone have any experience with a 3rd adult staying at this RC resort?
No, just because there can be 3 people in the room it does not necessarily mean that the 3rd person is free. That would depend on the conditions of your rate. Award stays are generally for 2 adults.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:41 pm

No, just because there can be 3 people in the room it does not necessarily mean that the 3rd person is free. That would depend on the conditions of your rate. Award stays are generally for 2 adults.
Ah, I did not know that, thought it always covered up to the max occupancy. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
Update on the sunrise villas. The wind is less strong than the NYE when I came. The pool in the sunrise side villas are not as cold. It’s actually usable. you’re getting some sun in the pool at 3pm island time as well.
The White Sea birds that use to .... in the pool seem to have migrated away as well.

Interesting, so at this point if you had to choose for an upcoming stay in a week and a half, would you prefer sunrise or sunset?

Thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.