Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 100K, QF Gold, SPG Platinum 100, Hilton HHonours Diamond
My years of platinum or higher should of been updated to 8 years. Instead it has downgraded me from lifetime gold to lifetime silver and 0 years of silver or higher status. Weird.

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by WannaFlyJ
My years of platinum or higher should of been updated to 8 years. Instead it has downgraded me from lifetime gold to lifetime silver and 0 years of silver or higher status. Weird.

The pic looks to me like it reflects no lifetime status: it shows all your nights but no years at Silver or above. Likely an EOY glitch that will get fixed within a few days.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
It's an IT glitch; I (as an LTT) got "15 Nights" (I hold the CC) and "10 Nights and $20K to Ambassador". Now just need to stay in the biggest suite in an StR for two weeks, and I'm golden!
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by volabam
The pic looks to me like it reflects no lifetime status: it shows all your nights but no years at Silver or above. Likely an EOY glitch that will get fixed within a few days.
Or years...
KRSW and volabam like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:53 pm

I on the other have have a different situation. I didn't stay enough to qualify as Platinum last year, but now my status today still shows Platinum. When is it expected to change, i.e. be downgraded?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I on the other have have a different situation. I didn't stay enough to qualify as Platinum last year, but now my status today still shows Platinum. When is it expected to change, i.e. be downgraded?
Jan 31.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As you are already Titanium for 2020, it probably has little hurry to get the life time Platinum status.

I think the year count updated in Feb last year.
Thanks. Good to know. I have had littler faith in Marriott's IT so have kept screenshots of everything just in case.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Yep, same thing. Already got my credit card nights counted - still waiting on my year count to rollover from 8Plat to 9Plat. I'm Titanium but my counter says I've got 20 nights to Plat. So weird.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Hit 50 nights in 2019 , got the 15 cc nights credit in 2020 and my status now shows platinum elite 15 nights this year

25 nights to titanium elite ???

how does this make sense
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tessy143
how does this make sense
Marriott's crappy IT?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I have the 10 nights to renew Titanium text too. When I go into Detail though, it says 25 nights to renew Titanium. I'll be curious to see what happens on 2/1 as I only had 65 nights last year. I assume I'll just be Platinum and it will show the correct number of nights to renew Platinum by then but who knows.

Unlike all the other IT issues that seemed to affect only a small handful of accounts, this one seems to be a pretty big (even if harmless for now) one.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I have 15 nights credited and it shows 10 nights needed to reach titanium
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by tessy143
Hit 50 nights in 2019 , got the 15 cc nights credit in 2020 and my status now shows platinum elite 15 nights this year

25 nights to titanium elite ???

how does this make sense
Your 25 nights to Titanium are based on last year, the 15 nights this year based on current year. Classic Marriott coding, only this one is actually comprehensible if you stand on your head and think creatively.

It would be pretty funny but not entirely unexpected if the coding on nights hadn’t fully taken into account that every 365 or so days there is a new year...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Similar issue here.

Shows my 15 CC nights. On the website it says 10 nights to Titanium. On the mobile app it says 19 nights to Titanium.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis PP, and others
Definitely a glitch. I’m at 0 nights for the year, but only 14 nights + $20,000 to Ambassador!

Just need some a few nights in Presidential Suites and I’ll hit this, easy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.