Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, MVC
OK, quick question....I know all the meal plan questions have been beaten to death but I never see anyone talking about drinks too much. Myself and my wife will be there first week of December and would probably be having 6 drinks each per day, and thats a minumum. Mamossa at breakfast, beer with lunch, beer or two in the afternoon, some wine with dinner and of course a nice night cap! You get the idea. I can see it adding up quickly. We are leaning towards all inclusive but with the increases in price, should we be re evaluting that decision? Not too worried about the money but dont like throwing it away either!
Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by higgybulin
OK, quick question....I know all the meal plan questions have been beaten to death but I never see anyone talking about drinks too much. Myself and my wife will be there first week of December and would probably be having 6 drinks each per day, and thats a minumum. Mamossa at breakfast, beer with lunch, beer or two in the afternoon, some wine with dinner and of course a nice night cap! You get the idea. I can see it adding up quickly. We are leaning towards all inclusive but with the increases in price, should we be re evaluting that decision? Not too worried about the money but dont like throwing it away either!
Thanks
Do you get the elite free breakfast? If so it sounds like just between a minimum of 6 drinks a day and a 3 course dinner you would pretty much be at the cost of AI. You can also try FB+ to see if that meets your needs and upgrade after a day of two if it doesn't. We were debating what to do for a while but decided to start with FB+ and upgrade just at the end of the trip to dine at Tabemasu and Riviera.
higgybulin likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Redgte
Do you get the elite free breakfast? If so it sounds like just between a minimum of 6 drinks a day and a 3 course dinner you would pretty much be at the cost of AI. You can also try FB+ to see if that meets your needs and upgrade after a day of two if it doesn't. We were debating what to do for a while but decided to start with FB+ and upgrade just at the end of the trip to dine at Tabemasu and Riviera.
We do get the free breakfast($30 credit) as we are Platinum. We like food.....alot and like to try a bit of everything so for us we would do early breakfast, afternoon lunch and later dinner. Hopefully not overdue it at any meal LOL.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:44 pm

Thanks
Don't forget the sundowner at Riviera. Sounds like you would benefit from the AI package. This would give you the liberty to also enjoy a quick alcoholic drink from the minibar.
The question is, will you both consume drinks to the tune of 150 USD per day (Compared to the FB+ package). So if you take two cocktails a day each (Sundowner and Nightcap) this would cost about 90 USD. Two beers outside of meals for each of you per day would add about 60 USD to your daily bill. Any alcohol for breakfast would put you over 150 USD so you'd have a chance to come out ahead with an AI package. Moreover, AI gives you more variety because more drinks are included compared to FB+.
Please correct me if my math is way off.
higgybulin likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I had managed to snag a Sunrise OWV for 5 nights at 160K points pre-devaluation and will now have to cancel. Super bummed and I have been purchasing gift cards all year and now stuck with over $1.5K worth. The dates are Dec 25 -30. Not sure if the room is immediately available for points if canceled, but if anyone wants to coordinate with me, just send a PM. I can hold off for a couple of days but the deadline and get my points back is coming up.
unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. The hotel is bookable for Dec 25-30 for 240K pts. Canceling your reservation won’t drop the price to 160K pts. The new rate is 60K pts/night.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by funkbandit
Don't forget the sundowner at Riviera. Sounds like you would benefit from the AI package. This would give you the liberty to also enjoy a quick alcoholic drink from the minibar.
The question is, will you both consume drinks to the tune of 150 USD per day (Compared to the FB+ package). So if you take two cocktails a day each (Sundowner and Nightcap) this would cost about 90 USD. Two beers outside of meals for each of you per day would add about 60 USD to your daily bill. Any alcohol for breakfast would put you over 150 USD so you'd have a chance to come out ahead with an AI package. Moreover, AI gives you more variety because more drinks are included compared to FB+.
Please correct me if my math is way off.
Your math sounds good to me. We have tried to figure out which would be best a few times after reading basically this whole thread! The freedom of the AI is appealing to us, the cost isnt the biggest factor. A couple hundred bucks either way isnt gonna kill us. This thread has been a big help! Looking forward to more involvment on flyertalk!!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:59 am

We do get the free breakfast($30 credit) as we are Platinum. We like food.....alot and like to try a bit of everything so for us we would do early breakfast, afternoon lunch and later dinner. Hopefully not overdue it at any meal LOL.
We do three meals as well. I know a lot of folks mention doing a big late breakfast and dinner but we tend to eat as we do at home. Early light breakfast and a small lunch. On vacation we do indulge at dinner! I looked at the menus and determined what I would likely eat/drink in one day (mimosa at breakfast, salad at lunch with cocktail, 3 course dinner with 2 glasses of wine) and came out to $192 so FB+ is perfect. AI for us is only needed to access the additional restaurants.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by margarita girl
unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. The hotel is bookable for Dec 25-30 for 240K pts. Canceling your reservation won’t drop the price to 160K pts. The new rate is 60K pts/night.
There must have been additional cancellations since I see that its now available again. When I checked a few weeks back there was no points availability for the Sunrise OWV. My offer to coordinate cancellation was so that someoe could pick up the room, not that it would become available at my originally booked price. We both know Marriott well enough for that!

Sucks that I have to end up canceling. Was really looking forward to the trip. And now I am stuck with a bunch of discounted gift cards that I had planned to use for the seaplane transfers, meals and diving.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:53 pm

Does anyone happen to know if the second jetty of over water villas has opened? I believe I read they had decided to add more pool villas to that section so just curious if they are opened and how many additional pool villas there are. Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Redgte
Does anyone happen to know if the second jetty of over water villas has opened? I believe I read they had decided to add more pool villas to that section so just curious if they are opened and how many additional pool villas there are. Thanks!
Not opened yet. They were hoping to open by end of Oct.

BTW, no issues for me getting correct number of points or paying for seaplane when checking out.
Redgte likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:53 am

Not opened yet. They were hoping to open by end of Oct.

BTW, no issues for me getting correct number of points or paying for seaplane when checking out.
Hmm, I have been in contact with the resort and I was sent an email saying that i would get an email link to pay for the seaplane 2 weeks prior and it had to be paid 7 days ahead of time?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, I have been in contact with the resort and I was sent an email saying that i would get an email link to pay for the seaplane 2 weeks prior and it had to be paid 7 days ahead of time?
I was planning on stalling for the seaplane payment as I have several thousand $ of gift cards that I wanted to use, but payment was never requested. No idea why, and I definitely didn’t volunteer.
higgybulin likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:09 pm

just curious, is the hotel still worth the current price in points? I’m getting 259k points for 5 nights. Are there other options if you have transferable point at Amex, Chase etc?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by dilvala
just curious, is the hotel still worth the current price in points? I’m getting 259k points for 5 nights. Are there other options if you have transferable point at Amex, Chase etc?
Yes, I think so, especially if you're booking in peak months. It's a great resort and overall experience.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by wb2020
Yes, I think so, especially if you're booking in peak months. It's a great resort and overall experience.
St Regis is coming out to be 369k for the same dates , never stayed at any St Regis so wonder if the difference would be worth 100k more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.