Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brownpaw
Just curious if you've paid the seaplane through the link yet and if it ended up coding as Marriott or not. Thanks!
Post #1327 seems to indicate that it will code as a Le Meridien charge.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Post #1327 seems to indicate that it will code as a Le Meridien charge.
They said the name on the transaction indicated it was the Le Meridien, that doesn't mean it's passing through what's necessary on the backend to be recognized as a Marriott property by Marriott CCs for the purpose of bonus points.
jbjelloid likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:02 am

Just wondering if anyone here has snorkeled on the Lagoon side. I want to take my 5 year old snorkeling but the reef is a little too far out for him. As long as there's something for him to see, he'll be happy, doesn't need to be wall to wall sea life like at the reef.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by bobu
Just wondering if anyone here has snorkeled on the Lagoon side. I want to take my 5 year old snorkeling but the reef is a little too far out for him. As long as there's something for him to see, he'll be happy, doesn't need to be wall to wall sea life like at the reef.
on the lagoon side you will see mainly the sand … sometimes some white or colored fish, but not so much as you expect at the Maldives

from the overwater villas deck you can see sometimes a stingray and other fish, but this isn’t definitely the island where to enjoy snorkeling inside the lagoon
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:48 am

If you head to the Lagoon villas, there are a few small areas of coral with smaller fish around (once you find one you can swim in straight line towards the overwater villas)

You can also access the main reef by walking most of the way, by following the red line on the map (by getting onto the smaller island near the main restaurant and walking across the sand)

Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:21 am

Lagoon side can be an ok option especially if the winds are strong and northerly - we snorkeled that side one day when it was too choppy on the other side. It’s very shallow and there are few large fish, but it can still be interesting. We saw some large rays and even found an octopus sleeping in one of the crevices in a rock somewhere in the middle.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by martzipan
Lagoon side can be an ok option especially if the winds are strong and northerly - we snorkeled that side one day when it was too choppy on the other side. It’s very shallow and there are few large fish, but it can still be interesting. We saw some large rays and even found an octopus sleeping in one of the crevices in a rock somewhere in the middle.
We were there last year but never snorkeled the lagoon side. We did see an octopus eat a crab off the beach though, that was pretty cool. We were walking around at night, the crab scurried to the water, and the octopus grabbed it.

You think lagoon side is okay with my kid even if it's windy, cause it was windy almost everyday we went last year.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by sbryans605
If you head to the Lagoon villas, there are a few small areas of coral with smaller fish around (once you find one you can swim in straight line towards the overwater villas)

You can also access the main reef by walking most of the way, by following the red line on the map (by getting onto the smaller island near the main restaurant and walking across the sand)
Doesn't the currents force you back into the island? Or force you into the seaplanes?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
So our inbound flight arrives at 10am on day of check in. Does anyone know how much time we might have to wait for seaplane transfer, and the earliest check in they allow at the resort? Late October / Bonvoy Titanium.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
So our inbound flight arrives at 10am on day of check in. Does anyone know how much time we might have to wait for seaplane transfer, and the earliest check in they allow at the resort? Late October / Bonvoy Titanium.
It is a bit of a lottery. We arrived twice around 9am and on the first occasion we waited almost 2.5 hours for our sea plane, while on the second one about 1 hour. It all depends on the schedule which is set by the company operating the sea planes, not the resort.

I have seen guest arriving at the resort as early as 8am, if your villa is ready I am sure they will give it to you even if it is before official check in time.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:28 am

We were there last year but never snorkeled the lagoon side. We did see an octopus eat a crab off the beach though, that was pretty cool. We were walking around at night, the crab scurried to the water, and the octopus grabbed it.

You think lagoon side is okay with my kid even if it's windy, cause it was windy almost everyday we went last year.
Depends on wind direction. When winds are from the north, the lagoon is very quiet.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I would love to know if anyone has been able to delay paying for the seaplane until they arrive at the property. I have several thousand dollars worth of Marriott gift cards that I would like to use on this trip.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I would love to know if anyone has been able to delay paying for the seaplane until they arrive at the property. I have several thousand dollars worth of Marriott gift cards that I would like to use on this trip.
Yes, just tell them you prefer to pay at the property. They vaguely said in an email that gift cards cannot be used for third party services such as diving and seaplane. No issues paying for everything - including seaplane and dives - at the time of checkout with a gift card.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: DL 2MM
Originally Posted by brownpaw
Just curious if you've paid the seaplane through the link yet and if it ended up coding as Marriott or not. Thanks!
I have done this and can confirm it codes as Le Meriden.
margarita girl and brownpaw like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by BigKenny
I have done this and can confirm it codes as Le Meriden.
I can second that. It coded as Le Meridien and I received bonus points using a Marriott CC. You won't earn Bonvoy points outside of the CC spend though.

Food & beverage, as well as spa expenses, all earned Bonvoy points though and I didn't have any issue with them crediting as others have mentioned.
margarita girl and brownpaw like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.