Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pointhoarder
Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the information provided here - I am sold on LM, and I am blowing all of the points I've collected over the past decade on business class tix on Sing Air, and 6 nights at LM in Maldives. Currently, targeting March 2023. I'm going with the Sunrise OWV at the moment , but as my partner does not swim, I wanted to poll you all and see how deep the water gets at low tide vs. high tide, and how strong the currents are.

Based on responses, I may have to change to a lagoon villa instead...

Thanks, and look forward to your replies!
"does not swim" or "can not swim"? I'd be worried about an OWV if one cannot swim.... heck, if I wasn't gonna swim I sure wouldn't be going to the Maldives at all, but to each their own
friedablass likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Our sunrise OWV at the very end of the pier was in pretty shallow water in March. Maybe waist deep? We could easily stand (I'm short) and we also spent some time on floats jus hanging out. There were still times when swells would knock you around a bit. On our previous trip to the Westin, it was too choppy to get in from the villa, but I was still happy we had one.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Our sunrise OWV at the very end of the pier was in pretty shallow water in March. Maybe waist deep? We could easily stand (I'm short) and we also spent some time on floats jus hanging out. There were still times when swells would knock you around a bit. On our previous trip to the Westin, it was too choppy to get in from the villa, but I was still happy we had one.
We were also there in March about halfway down the pier and it was a bit shallower than yours at the end of the pier, as one might expect. Seas were very calm during our trip, but this can vary from day-to-day even in the dry season.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:55 pm

End of trip review

We finally returned today from our 10 day honeymoon trip and all we can say is wow. We were so happy with le meridien and their service. In the final 5 days since my last post we took a 2nd snorkel trip with the dive center and also snorkeled everyday off our villa. Rays turtles and fish were plentiful. The final 7 days of our stay the weather was wonderful. The first few days were very rainy, cloudy, and choppy seas. When the water was calm it was about knee to waist deep (I’m 6’) at low tide each morning of our ovw villa

the food overall was great! We did the greenhouse tour and had their Harvest table dinner after our final night. We highly highly recommend this. Yoga who is the manager of turquoise, recommended it to us and it was easily one of the highlights of our trip. A private 4 course meal and they even customized the menu to our preferences.

the only downfall in my opinion is the sea plane transfers to this resort. If we go back to Maldives it will be a boat transfer resort only. Our sea plane trip back was an absolute nightmare. We started by taking off at 2:30pm heading for one other stop at a resort and then scheduled to be in male by 3:30pm. After landing at the other resort to pick up passengers, we were asked to get off the plane due to the sea plane airport in malé being closed due to thunderstorms. This was a 10 minute delay and we were back on the plane. After attempting to fly to malé, we were informed in the air the airport closed again so we made an energy landing at another resort to wait out the storms. This delay lasted about 45 minutes and we were then quickly asked to board the sea plane again. The water was extremely rough during take off. They told us we were a short 15 minutes from malé. After 10 minutes the nightmare plane ride began. Our pilot attempted to fly us through a major thunderstorm and at one point lost visibility and navigation in the plane and thus flying the plane blind. I have never once been nervous on a plane before, in this ride I legit feared I was going to die. The worst turbulence I have ever experienced along with loud pouring rain and no visibility. After circling malé for 40 minutes(we had maps open on our phones trying to figure out ... was going on) in this hell the pilot did a 2nd emergency landing at the one and only resort. He didn’t communicate to us one time what was happening. Just kept trying to go through the storm. Every person in the plane was pissed and a few got sick due to motion sickness. The staff at the one and only resort was kind enough to put us on their large yacht and take us by water to the airport. The seas were very rough, 5-6 foot waves and more thunderstorms. More people got sea sick. Took 1 hour on the yacht and we pulled up to malé. Most in our group missed their flights, my wife and I were lucky our plane left at 11pm and made ours on time.

all in all it took about 4 hours for normally a 40 min trip….

the pilot clearly did not check radar and was trying to pull off a miracle. We will be following up with le meridien on this sea plane experience in hopes of a partial refund for the plane transfer.

overall amazing trip spoiled by a dumba** pilot trying to be a hero and not considering his passengers safety. It is because of this we may never return to Maldives.

some will say I’m overreacting and that they can’t control the weather. While this is true, I felt they should’ve checked a weather radar and considered our safety being the first priority. They were too worried about beating daylight…
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dfitzy10

some will say I’m overreacting and that they can’t control the weather. While this is true, I felt they should’ve checked a weather radar and considered our safety being the first priority. They were too worried about beating daylight…
Being a GA pilot, I think you’re not overreacting at all. While the turbulence in general is not an issue - it’s unpleasant but not unsafe, running into low/no visibility and thunderstorms on a small aircraft is indeed unsafe. Good thing there are no mountains to hit by accident, but what you are describing is extremely unprofessional behavior on the pilots’ part.

I mean, sure, pilots can fly IFR too, but if that’s not something they typically do there, having to do two emergency landings due to weather sounds like very sloppy planning.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by martzipan
Being a GA pilot, I think you’re not overreacting at all. While the turbulence in general is not an issue - it’s unpleasant but not unsafe, running into low/no visibility and thunderstorms on a small aircraft is indeed unsafe. Good thing there are no mountains to hit by accident, but what you are describing is extremely unprofessional behavior on the pilots’ part.

I mean, sure, pilots can fly IFR too, but if that’s not something they typically do there, having to do two emergency landings due to weather sounds like very sloppy planning.
I seriously think the pilot was pressured by trans Maldivian airways to push through and try to get us there to avoid them having to pay a resort to bring us by boat. The 2nd emergency landing was at a resort further from male then the first emergency landing…. Clearly they were attempting something they weren’t supposed to be doing…. I even checked the radar myself and thought “we’re trying to jam a square peg into a. Round hole” and shoot into a gap of storms…. Overall had me never wanting to fly a sea plane again.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:17 am

Does anyone know if Plat get free breakfast at this property?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by doantien87
Does anyone know if Plat get free breakfast at this property?
They do, same as other Le Meridien properties.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by pointhoarder
I'm going with the Sunrise OWV at the moment , but as my partner does not swim, I wanted to poll you all and see how deep the water gets at low tide vs. high tide, and how strong the currents are.
Stay with the Sunrise OWV. We had the first 2 villas but you can stand in the water all the way to the reef in low tide and I think even in high tide. Also, you are provided with life jackets so he should always wear one. I think you will be find.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:59 pm

the only downfall in my opinion is the sea plane transfers to this resort.
I think that what you have experienced is extremely rare. I love flying the seaplane and have done it in the Maldives many times even during rain which was actually fun.
You should complain to the airline and the resort about the incident and even the Maldives office that oversees the operator.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:51 pm

Seaplane transfer prices have increased:

Ages 2-11 $248
12 and up $495
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by overclocked92
Seaplane transfer prices have increased:

Ages 2-11 $248
12 and up $495
I presume they will honour the $450 price which is on my confirmation email!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:00 pm

We finally returned today from our 10 day honeymoon trip and all we can say is wow. We were so happy with le meridien and their service. In the final 5 days since my last post we took a 2nd snorkel trip with the dive center and also snorkeled everyday off our villa. Rays turtles and fish were plentiful. The final 7 days of our stay the weather was wonderful. The first few days were very rainy, cloudy, and choppy seas. When the water was calm it was about knee to waist deep (I’m 6’) at low tide each morning of our ovw villa

the food overall was great! We did the greenhouse tour and had their Harvest table dinner after our final night. We highly highly recommend this. Yoga who is the manager of turquoise, recommended it to us and it was easily one of the highlights of our trip. A private 4 course meal and they even customized the menu to our preferences.

the only downfall in my opinion is the sea plane transfers to this resort. If we go back to Maldives it will be a boat transfer resort only. Our sea plane trip back was an absolute nightmare. We started by taking off at 2:30pm heading for one other stop at a resort and then scheduled to be in male by 3:30pm. After landing at the other resort to pick up passengers, we were asked to get off the plane due to the sea plane airport in malé being closed due to thunderstorms. This was a 10 minute delay and we were back on the plane. After attempting to fly to malé, we were informed in the air the airport closed again so we made an energy landing at another resort to wait out the storms. This delay lasted about 45 minutes and we were then quickly asked to board the sea plane again. The water was extremely rough during take off. They told us we were a short 15 minutes from malé. After 10 minutes the nightmare plane ride began. Our pilot attempted to fly us through a major thunderstorm and at one point lost visibility and navigation in the plane and thus flying the plane blind. I have never once been nervous on a plane before, in this ride I legit feared I was going to die. The worst turbulence I have ever experienced along with loud pouring rain and no visibility. After circling malé for 40 minutes(we had maps open on our phones trying to figure out ... was going on) in this hell the pilot did a 2nd emergency landing at the one and only resort. He didn’t communicate to us one time what was happening. Just kept trying to go through the storm. Every person in the plane was pissed and a few got sick due to motion sickness. The staff at the one and only resort was kind enough to put us on their large yacht and take us by water to the airport. The seas were very rough, 5-6 foot waves and more thunderstorms. More people got sea sick. Took 1 hour on the yacht and we pulled up to malé. Most in our group missed their flights, my wife and I were lucky our plane left at 11pm and made ours on time.

all in all it took about 4 hours for normally a 40 min trip….

the pilot clearly did not check radar and was trying to pull off a miracle. We will be following up with le meridien on this sea plane experience in hopes of a partial refund for the plane transfer.

overall amazing trip spoiled by a dumba** pilot trying to be a hero and not considering his passengers safety. It is because of this we may never return to Maldives.

Thanks for the reviews. 10 days eh. I am thinking 5 nights/6days might be too much, we are going for our 25th. Wife is Vegan too, so food could be a problem.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rakeshs_ca
Thanks for the reviews. 10 days eh. I am thinking 5 nights/6days might be too much, we are going for our 25th. Wife is Vegan too, so food could be a problem.
Please let us know what you choose (meal plan or a la carte) and how it works out for your wife. I am vegetarian and still haven't decided which will be the best option for me. I'll be there in Oct.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I’m here since yesterday morning

pre upgraded the day before my arrival to a beach villa with pool, it’s probably 5-6 category above the beach bungalow (standard room) booked with points for 16 nights. (Titanium)

I received an email from Mr. Mohamed Haroon (Resort manager) two days before my stay and I replayed him with my preference to be upgraded to a beach villa, since I don’t like to stay in an overwater. Very kind and generous to upgrade us to the best kind of 1 bedroom beach villa

we met also Mr. Nilesh Singh, the general manager, he came tonight at dinner also to greet us and talk a little

they are both very nice guys

I believe they do more than an extra mile for the Marriott elite members, I really feel welcome and appreciated

The service from all the people here from staff is very good.

the resort itself is very nice and new. And super clean everywhere in every part. I can’t say luxurious, it’s minimalist style and elegant. Room is very comfortable and housekeeping service is perfectly managed 2 times per day.

for any request you can get in touch with the reception by WhatsApp and they are quick and accurate.

we choose the half board and both the dinners had at Velaa and Turquoise were fantastic. Large portions and very good quality food.

in this season the best side of the island is (unfortunately) the south one, where only some 2 bedrooms villas and the lagoon villas are located.

the sea in the north side (and also the sea where the overwater are open yet) in this season is more rough and there is more wind also. But not a big problem

actually the best beach / sea where to relax is the south one facing the houses where the employees stay

riviera pool area is amazing, very quiet and facing a very nice sea. Also the main pool is very nice but too windy area for me.

I’m sure coming in the best season it must be wonderful, as the whole north part of the island.

I’m actually very happy with my choose of this resort. It absolutely values the amount of points payed.

The prices for extra F&B are correct for this kind of resort, nothing is overpriced

here some photos:

friedablass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.