Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by rakeshs_ca
Sorry, the questions may have been asked a zillion times here but here are some again (I got some other answers looking through this thread)

Looking to book LM in October using points (208000), both are not huge beach people would 5 nights be too much time to spend here.
My wife is vegan, would there be enough selection for food for her.
When you are staying with points, can you purchase any of the meal plans
Would LM be better than the Sheraton 180000 points or Westin at 248000?
Since this stay is 4 nights and get the get fifth free, would I be able to instead do 3 nights and use a free night certificate and save some points for other stays?

TIA
LM is way better than the Sheraton, which is great for as single night near Male, but otherwise rather unexciting. You can see the Male high rise blocks from the Sheraton beach, which is not what you’ve travelled for.

You can book any meal plan on points. I hate beaches, but had a lovely 10 days - but I enjoy the gym and snorkelling.

If your wife is vegan then you need to look elsewhere as even the vegetarian options are pants, which is something that I fed back to them. I am FAR from even vegetarian, but conscious of menus on behalf of friends who are - there was probably one choice per course that was vegetarian. Less that are vegan.

The shame of it is that there were great vegan / vegetarian curries at breakfast.

But/and, I suspect that non-appreciation of veganism / vegetarianism is a thing common across the Maldives. It’s an island nation that has fish for its base diet. The Sheraton was as bad as LM and I suspect the Westin to be no better.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kat1919
Is there any dress code at any of the restaurants? Really I guess just thinking of Tabemasu and whether my husband needs to pack "real" shoes, aka no flip flops.
No dress code. I wore (nice) shorts and sandals or flip flops.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by mball
I don't think this has been asked yet, but please correct me:

Are there self-service laundry facilities? And if so, does anyone happen to know what they might cost? Nothing against doing laundry in the room, but I'm definitely not paying resort prices for laundry service!
No self-service laundry facilities.

We took a travel laundry line and pegs. Stuff dried really quickly.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by rakeshs_ca
Any free links to this article?
The article also has a figure to compare prices for the 3 properties. The cheapest all-inclusive room rate was Ł485/night for Le Meridian. That’s quite cheap consider deducting USD460 for inclusive meal plan for 2. The room rate alone is only about USD155!
Old May 27, 2022, 5:07 am

I don’t care about alcohol beverages but do drink lots of water. If I take the half board, do I get free water throughout the resort, or only still/sparking island water during dinner time?
Old May 27, 2022, 6:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hey Everyone, we are currently here at the LM Maldives.
Staying here for 8 nights, whatever questions you have, ask away, we'll try our best to respond to all questions every few days.

Encountered multiple hiccups with the airport staff, causes us to pay extra for baggage and having our sea plane delay. But I digress.

First Impression on our sunrise OW villa, the furnishing feels cheap and quirky. Not really the chic mid century LM aesthetic we are used to.
The hard product doesn't feel expensive, feels like a more expensive Holiday Inn.
We were "upgraded" to a sunrise OWV, but we booked 5 nights sunrise OWV on points a long time back when it was the standard cat, they basically just combined our last 3 nights to the same OWV from the Beach Villa. The villa feels more like a room than a bungalow, because the bed basically takes up the whole space. The island is huge though, plenty of common spaces to explore.
So far, we are starting to feel the resort has the nickel and dime feel, bicycles - extra charge @ $10/day.
Half Board or all inclusive plans has a minimum of 4 days requirement.
No Airport lounge, instead we got access to the Trans Maldivian Air Lounge, which felt like downgraded priority pass lounge.
So far, just by glance of prices for in-room dining, it's almost as expensive as the food when we had at the St Regis. Think $35 bowl of noodles and $25 salads.

Overall, we know it's a mid range property, so trying to calibrate our expectations.

​​​
Originally Posted by mball
I don't think this has been asked yet, but please correct me:

Are there self-service laundry facilities? And if so, does anyone happen to know what they might cost? Nothing against doing laundry in the room, but I'm definitely not paying resort prices for laundry service!
No self service facilities, laundry are per pieces so definitely not cheap, and typical resort prices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kqn...ew?usp=sharing

We travel with these
personal wash bags personal wash bags
, costs about $49, super lightweight and collapsible, can do 5-6 pieces of clothing at a time. Not exactly machine clean standard, but definitely keeps our clothes clean when we travel for weeks without access to a washer, and don't need to get our hands wet when washing, only need to rinse dry and hang up the clothes.

Originally Posted by OnePassLover
I don’t care about alcohol beverages but do drink lots of water. If I take the half board, do I get free water throughout the resort, or only still/sparking island water during dinner time?
Well, they provide comp bottled waters in the room, refillable everyday and upon request. Teas and Espresso Coffee Pods are all comp as well. So you don't really need to pay for the additional half board unless you only drink sparkling water or branded Italian water.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7c...ew?usp=sharing
friedablass likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Staying here for 8 nights, whatever questions you have, ask away, we'll try our best to respond to all questions every few days.

Encountered multiple hiccups with the airport staff, causes us to pay extra for baggage and having our sea plane delay. But I digress.

First Impression on our sunrise OW villa, the furnishing feels cheap and quirky. Not really the chic mid century LM aesthetic we are used to.
The hard product doesn't feel expensive, feels like a more expensive Holiday Inn.
We were "upgraded" to a sunrise OWV, but we booked 5 nights sunrise OWV on points a long time back when it was the standard cat, they basically just combined our last 3 nights to the same OWV from the Beach Villa. The villa feels more like a room than a bungalow, because the bed basically takes up the whole space. The island is huge though, plenty of common spaces to explore.
So far, we are starting to feel the resort has the nickel and dime feel, bicycles - extra charge @ $10/day.
Half Board or all inclusive plans has a minimum of 4 days requirement.
No Airport lounge, instead we got access to the Trans Maldivian Air Lounge, which felt like downgraded priority pass lounge.
So far, just by glance of prices for in-room dining, it's almost as expensive as the food when we had at the St Regis. Think $35 bowl of noodles and $25 salads.

Overall, we know it's a mid range property, so trying to calibrate our expectations.

​​​

No self service facilities, laundry are per pieces so definitely not cheap, and typical resort prices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kqn...ew?usp=sharing

We travel with these personal wash bags, costs about $49, super lightweight and collapsible, can do 5-6 pieces of clothing at a time. Not exactly machine clean standard, but definitely keeps our clothes clean when we travel for weeks without access to a washer, and don't need to get our hands wet when washing, only need to rinse dry and hang up the clothes.

Well, they provide comp bottled waters in the room, refillable everyday and upon request. Teas and Espresso Coffee Pods are all comp as well. So you don't really need to pay for the additional half board unless you only drink sparkling water or branded Italian water.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7c...ew?usp=sharing
hello. Can you please take some photos in front and from the beach bungalows (located at north east) and the area where they are ?

many thanks 🙏
Old May 28, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM
We are here on our second stay, first stay 14 nights last November, this stay 15 nights. This time ran into three couples we know and many additional points travelers. We've got quite a rotating snorkely group leaving 7 am every mornkng from the overwater bungalows to see the house reef and the ray/turtle area, with the occasional seaplane takeoff overheard, then cruising in to breakfast.

Staying here for 8 nights
CkScotland likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Thanks for the kind offer Can you please post some all inclusive lunch/dinner menus from Velaa, Riviera and Turquoise? Would be highly appreciated
Old May 29, 2022, 8:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dav77
hello. Can you please take some photos in front and from the beach bungalows (located at north east) and the area where they are ?

many thanks 🙏
Here are some photos, I personally wouldn't recommend staying at these villas. They are located right beside the lobby, and beach facing the arrival jetty.
Which means you will hear all the seaplanes arrivals and departures all day long. If you choose 160, the villa right beside the 2BR Thilamaafushi villa, you get the most privacy, as this is the eastern most part of the island and you will get less foot traffic from this beach (for now), because the eastern row of OWV are not opened yet until later this year.

Beach Bungalow Villa Numbers

View from Villa 154 facing the jetty from beach entrance

This is the beach in front of the Beach Bungalows

Vegetation covering the beach front entrance of Villa 156

Wide beach in front of the Beach Bungalows, the sand is quite rough unless you go closer to the end of the island where it's more softer

Proximity from the beach to the arrival Jetty, Noise will be an issue. We saw the last arrival for the day, and the seaplane was very loud, along with the welcoming drumming song they play for arrivals.

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
We are here on our second stay, first stay 14 nights last November, this stay 15 nights. This time ran into three couples we know and many additional points travelers. We've got quite a rotating snorkely group leaving 7 am every mornkng from the overwater bungalows to see the house reef and the ray/turtle area, with the occasional seaplane takeoff overheard, then cruising in to breakfast.
Hey! Are you guys staying at the resort RN? I totally missed this, else would have joined you guys this morning. It was already too late when we woke up noticing the super low tide.
Will you guys be snorkeling tomorrow? I would totally join at 7am!
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Slightly off-topic.

There is a small cat named "Pineapple" that likes to camp near Vela restaurant every night. If anyone has a cat treat, please do not hesitate to feed them.

Somehow this poor baby cat was stuck on the resort island (probably stowaway on the vessel during construction) and it looks like the only cat on the resort.

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of rain and wind for the last few days. If you are looking to join the Dolphin cruise, you may need to keep your eyes open.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Here are some photos, I personally wouldn't recommend staying at these villas. They are located right beside the lobby, and beach facing the arrival jetty.
Which means you will hear all the seaplanes arrivals and departures all day long. If you choose 160, the villa right beside the 2BR Thilamaafushi villa, you get the most privacy, as this is the eastern most part of the island and you will get less foot traffic from this beach (for now), because the eastern row of OWV are not opened yet until later this year.

Beach Bungalow Villa Numbers

View from Villa 154 facing the jetty from beach entrance

This is the beach in front of the Beach Bungalows

Vegetation covering the beach front entrance of Villa 156

Wide beach in front of the Beach Bungalows, the sand is quite rough unless you go closer to the end of the island where it's more softer

Proximity from the beach to the arrival Jetty, Noise will be an issue. We saw the last arrival for the day, and the seaplane was very loud, along with the welcoming drumming song they play for arrivals.

Hey! Are you guys staying at the resort RN? I totally missed this, else would have joined you guys this morning. It was already too late when we woke up noticing the super low tide.
Will you guys be snorkeling tomorrow? I would totally join at 7am!
really many thanks for that ! Appreciate a lot
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:39 pm

How's the weather been recently?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
We are here on our second stay, first stay 14 nights last November, this stay 15 nights.
Rapid Travel Chai has left the room.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Cris
How's the weather been recently?
We arrived Monday to rain, seaplane was questionable to take off, but we did. Arrived to rain at the resort
Tuesday was pretty stormy and very stormy around dinner time (wind, sideways rain and lightening)
Wednesday thru to Friday, very nice, sunny some clouds in the sky, but perfect
Finger crossed for the rest of our days here!
Cris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.